Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subbed for a month, won't be back

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Subbed for a month, won't be back

Burana
01.15.2013 , 10:50 AM | #21
What was the point of playing 8 classes till level 20? Of course you'll be complaining about repetitive content! Same 3 planets all over again... Pick one class and level it first through all the planets, then switch to next.

What miracles with crew skills do you expect up to level 20???

How do you judge the community by jumping between 4 servers? Dedicate yourself to one, try to make contacts, join a guild, then judge.

And last question to the OP: did someone at least pay for this negative post to undermine SWTOR? Don't tell me you wrote this wall of text (at least an hour of your time) for free to help us, poor subscribers, "open our eyes"?

_Darkstar
01.15.2013 , 11:05 AM | #22
I read that as "I wasn't very good at SWtoR so I quit".

The class quests were easy, you get plenty of gear via rewards and crafting works out so you can make your own gear at the right time if you plan it right and send people on the right missions.

Sounds like you are just not cut out for this game.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Master-Nala
01.15.2013 , 11:23 AM | #23
I read the OP and frankly s/he appears to just not like MMORPGs very much. My beloved City of Heroes may she rest in peace and DCUO are very different from standard MMOs (in different ways). This line:

Quote:
Questing in general was repetitive, but I've played enough City of Heroes and DCUO to expect and tolerate this.
is frankly absurd. If you only play the six planets that make up the level 1-20 experience, then yes it will be repetitive. The vast majority of the content lies ahead. The early planet don't have as much content, because you level past them so quickly.

Well, the OP is entitled to his opinion, but he didn't give the game a legitimate chance and seems allergic to any challenge so he was probably going to quit anyway.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun

Sunova
01.19.2013 , 12:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by hillltrot View Post
Clone War Adventures vs. SWTOR

Apples vs. Oranges

I can't stand playing Call of Duty. I find the game dull and boring. I hated Grand Theft Auto. Guess what, some people don't like some games.

Key differences in SWTOR compared to the Mothership game WoW.

1. It is far harder to level SWTOR than WoW. However, things have been getting easier with the Cartel shop. Best Example? At one point, Bioware actual gave people 30 days of gaming if they made it to 50. I know many of you will scream at the top of your lungs, Leveling is Soooo easy. Compared to WoW, it's not easy. This is actually one of the guy's main and repeated complaints.

2. Interactive story line. If you don't want an interactive story line, I have to say that this game is probably not for you. Though I'd like to know if anyone spacebarred their first character all the way to 50.

What isn't different.

1. The community is the same group of people who play these games. And yes, no real interaction occurs until max level.

2. There is seriously little to no RPing on any server, anywhere, in any game.

3. Quest which ask you to kill X, pick up X, or destroy X. Once again, the interactive story line helps with this, but if you can't look past the hexadecimal, the quests are boring and repetitive. Although this is true with all computer games.
The OP is totally wrong. not sure where he played, but I never ran into any of those issues he mentioned with 8+ lvl 50 characters. Also Leveling in SWTOR is far far EASIER than WOW, even without bonus XP. takes less than 3 weeks real world play time to get to 50 and complete chapter 3 as well as have all the datacrons (except the +10 DC, but if you have a guild, that too) I had no issues using only quest gear to complete quests and chapter finalies and by the end of chapter 3, I had enough money to buy my level 49-50+ orange or epic gear and mod them out. Relatively a piece of cake. I hardly spent credits at world commendation vendors for gear or the GTN for gear while leveling up and if i did, it was just one or 2 items to fill some empty slots with some cheap piece of gear.

My only issue is the "stuff" they are adding to Makeb in the next expansion that has no business being part of the star wars universe or any game for that matter.

theUndead
01.19.2013 , 12:55 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Sunova View Post
The OP is totally wrong. not sure where he played, but I never ran into any of those issues he mentioned with 8+ lvl 50 characters. Also Leveling in SWTOR is far far EASIER than WOW, even without bonus XP. takes less than 3 weeks real world play time to get to 50 and complete chapter 3 as well as have all the datacrons (except the +10 DC, but if you have a guild, that too) I had no issues using only quest gear to complete quests and chapter finalies and by the end of chapter 3, I had enough money to buy my level 49-50+ orange or epic gear and mod them out. Relatively a piece of cake. I hardly spent credits at world commendation vendors for gear or the GTN for gear while leveling up and if i did, it was just one or 2 items to fill some empty slots with some cheap piece of gear.

My only issue is the "stuff" they are adding to Makeb in the next expansion that has no business being part of the star wars universe or any game for that matter.
I know very well what "stuff" you are referring to and sorry to break to you but it is going to be coming in the next patch and rightfully so in my opinion. Also just a FYI, the "stuff " you are referring to has been in multiple games by Bioware and other games for that matter so therefore i strongly disagree with your notion that they do not have a place in games.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As theUndead mentioned, I can't exactly spell out all of our policies in depth, but that should hopefully cover your concerns.

lichoniespi
01.19.2013 , 01:47 PM | #26
I have a similar feeling as OP. It was time when i enjoyed SWTOR - mostly my 1st run with sith inqusitor, but after a while it shows up that MMOs are just not for me, and i got bored without will to carry on. Happens, no big deal.

The good thing is that there is a pleanty of other games to enjoy. So far im chilling out with DAO, i hope to get Wargame, UFO, Chilvary and Dishonored some time soon.

The good thing about games is that everyone can enjoy favorite tittle without bashing others who like others.

Arlbo_Nabbins
01.19.2013 , 03:48 PM | #27
I just don't recognise the game you are playing with some of these items.

Levelling 1-20 is easy, at no time on 11 different characters did I have anything that needed me to zone to apply a medpac. It was also easy to keep people geared from random drops, mission rewards and using commendations. The only things I have bought on the GTN for anyone less than level 50 are orange items that I want because they have the look I like for a character and the cartel speeders and pets (the former because they scale with skill and the latter just for fun).

Crafting was also not time consuming, just by picking up materials that I ran past I have been able to keep every crafter I have at a skill level that means I need the materials on the next planet before I reach it. That is by sending companions off occasionally and setting up some 5x crafts of an item before logging off.

Don't get random invites and I see very little ninja looting. Of course I do play on a PvE server which may make a difference.

Chat is pretty poor on the 1st 2 worlds but seems to get a lot better after that.

I think that the main issue may be that you have seen about 10% of the game 8 times over. This is not a good way to play the game. Level characters up to 50 by swapping between them only when you really need to if you want to make best use of rested XP (ideally swap between Republic and Empire each time as well). e.g. Play Trooper until you have no rested XP left then swap to Sith Inquisitor then swap back.

That means that you won't be revisiting a planet for a few weeks at least.

mikeyhoth
01.19.2013 , 05:08 PM | #28
You know everyone has the right to express their opinion in the forum's (as long as they arn't in violation of the TOS) so I read your post & I have to say 99.9% of what you are complaining about is totally typical in an MMO today. The you stated SWTOR doesn't feel like an MMO because the server you were on was to many players in the area you were in, well sorry but thats the way an MMO works, some area's are crowded & some aren't. The starting area's are always bogged down in the MMO's I have played.
As far as the chat goes, I have to laugh....sorry dude, but the chat in this game is pretty tame compaired to say......WoW, if you don't like it don't look.
You stated some of the end fights/battles are way to hard, but you never even got close to the end of the game? There are some fights that are hard, but one thing I'v found is if your gear AND your companion's gear is up to level or close the way the gear tiering work's you shouldn't have much of a problem do the reg. mission's as lond as you understand how to play your toon.....it's a game, you sound like you don't want to work hard to level or have to think about what you are doing? BioWare did a good job imo, you have to think about it this game hasn't been out there for 6-7 years. There are other mmo's out there that have been dumbed down so much a 5 year old can play them now..........Good luck dude, sorry you didn't like the game

craic_fox
01.21.2013 , 02:56 PM | #29
Well that was probably the best quit post I've read in a long time. I think the OP deserves credit for taking the time to share his opinions and experiences so eloquently. It was a pleasure to read and I think that a lot of the points raised are valid.

Of course, repeating the first 20% of the game's content across multiple classes may not be the best way to get a feel for everything the game offers. However, that first 20% is often the most critical. First impressions and all that. It may not be enough to qualify you to judge the game as a whole, but it's certainly enough to determine whether or not you wish to continue. The OP doesn't. Fair enough.

TheBloodyBeast
01.21.2013 , 05:55 PM | #30
And I subbed after a few hours of playing. Love this game.