Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Ujest
01.19.2013 , 03:38 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
Serioiusly, do people not visit and quest on Ilum already... a planet where there already is PvP area's, and a place you can be steamrolled if your not careful? I would also like to point out, to those with concern, that Ilum had a specific and DEDICATED place for PvP area last time, it was not the whole planet, and it seems like a lot of people with concern are just freaking out for no reason.

*Get some recruit gear

*Prepare yourself for PvP (and if your playing on a PvP server, then please DO NOT complain about open world PvP, its what you chose to do)

*Practice, and play some PvP matches... it isnt brain science

People have gotten too comforable with this game, and are used to sitting on the fleet for most of their play time, a place where they are safe. If I had it my way, the fleet would be destroyed, and you would have the chance of being attacked anywhere, at anytime. If they do this right, it could really add a very important element to this game that its been lacking for almost a whole year.

Those of us who have been here since the beginning, and experienced Ilum and its open would PvP would probably agree that the issue of it being released is NOT you being attacked, its going to be if the engine can support the large scale battles, and not play at only .5 framerate, then crash your game.
Speak for yourself. I have been here since the beginning and have experienced Ilum in both PvE and PvP and I DO NOT CARE if the engine can handle large scale battles. I just want to keep the PvPers in their area and out of the PvE areas so they do not have the opportunity to show how big of a jerk they are by ganking the players playing PvE on the RP-PVE server I am on.
Ujest
Chis, Bounty Hunter,
The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
The Ebon Hawk (formerly Sanctum of the Exalted)

Eldriq
01.19.2013 , 03:47 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I could give you what is probably going to be a number 1 reason why, depending on how they structured this event. The one thing many people hate doing, even in a video game, is feeling like they just wasted their time. Especially if said people have a more limited time frame to play due to work, school, wife, kids, or just life in general. And the fact is if someone has just spent 45 minutes, an hour, 2 hours, or whatever trying to get something completed and have someone come out of nowhere and gank them forcing them to start back over having just wasted (or at least feeling like they just wasted) that time they have spent with their more limited play schedule.
This should be the topic. The rest of the reasons are not really applicable. People do not want to be ganked, I currently have 23.11 bonus damage to pvp and 18.77 damage reduction to pvp how any pvper can make the argument that killing pve people is fun given those stats is beyond me. Just let people choose to flag or not then you will have your open world pvp with those that actually have gear and the desire to pvp.

Fighting pve geared people in pvp gear is like fishing with dynamite.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

micnevv
01.19.2013 , 04:59 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Ujest View Post
Speak for yourself. I have been here since the beginning and have experienced Ilum in both PvE and PvP and I DO NOT CARE if the engine can handle large scale battles. I just want to keep the PvPers in their area and out of the PvE areas so they do not have the opportunity to show how big of a jerk they are by ganking the players playing PvE on the RP-PVE server I am on.
So let me get this straight....Because someone attacks you out in the open he is automatically a jerk??? Makes sense.

Shipwright
01.20.2013 , 02:48 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by micnevv View Post
So let me get this straight....Because someone attacks you out in the open he is automatically a jerk??? Makes sense.
Ganking pve players is a pretty good definition of a jerk. This what the person was talking about, not pvp players attacking pvp players.

HVCBuzz
01.31.2013 , 09:54 AM | #105
wow come on this is so funny how some fear pvp to a extreme if you dont like pvp dont do it geez. i look forward to ilum coming back as i have grown board of wz's .and i pray ilum is a shadow of it's former self.

uziforyou
01.31.2013 , 10:09 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
Serioiusly, do people not visit and quest on Ilum already... a planet where there already is PvP area's, and a place you can be steamrolled if your not careful? I would also like to point out, to those with concern, that Ilum had a specific and DEDICATED place for PvP area last time, it was not the whole planet, and it seems like a lot of people with concern are just freaking out for no reason.

*Get some recruit gear

*Prepare yourself for PvP (and if your playing on a PvP server, then please DO NOT complain about open world PvP, its what you chose to do)

*Practice, and play some PvP matches... it isnt brain science

People have gotten too comforable with this game, and are used to sitting on the fleet for most of their play time, a place where they are safe. If I had it my way, the fleet would be destroyed, and you would have the chance of being attacked anywhere, at anytime. If they do this right, it could really add a very important element to this game that its been lacking for almost a whole year.

Those of us who have been here since the beginning, and experienced Ilum and its open would PvP would probably agree that the issue of it being released is NOT you being attacked, its going to be if the engine can support the large scale battles, and not play at only .5 framerate, then crash your game.
This may come as a shock to you but not every likes PvP which means they don't want to practice, play matches or do anything else associated with it. Being aware of this isn't brain science.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

TUXs
01.31.2013 , 10:16 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
This may come as a shock to you but not every likes PvP which means they don't want to practice, play matches or do anything else associated with it. Being aware of this isn't brain science.
No shock to me. My suggestion to those people - SKIP IT! If you're so fearful of PvP that it's causing anxiety, don't do it.

PvE missions set in a PvP area are NOT meant for PvE only people...they're meant for PvPers who also like stuff to do while they wait for PvP.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Alavastre
01.31.2013 , 10:16 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
So don't do it then. Problem solved. 1.7 is an obvious attempt to encourage open world pvp. If you are a PVE'er you don't own the rights to every PVE item in the game.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Danbuterx
01.31.2013 , 10:18 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
forcing people to do pvp in order to do pve content on a pve server is what the problem is. DUH!!!
Exactly. I just won't go there at all.

Danbuterx
01.31.2013 , 10:19 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by dakisback View Post
Yeah it's ridiculous. Ilum IS A PVP PLANET. It has PVP objectives and valor boosts on the pvp side. If you have to go there for the new event it's to encourage PVP.

We've had 2 PVE events. It's about time we get a PVP one.
Ilum hasn't been a PvP planet in almost 9 months.