Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

Vlacke
01.19.2013 , 12:59 PM | #91
This upcoming event is rather good news and we generally need more events in game, so the pathetic cries of the ever whining bunch on these boards shouldn't really concern anyone too much.
Telcontar Legacy

Arvig
01.19.2013 , 01:02 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by oslek View Post
I really don't get how players can PVE all the time and not get bored. After running the same dailies over and over again against the same AI that fights exactly the same every single time how can you not get bored? Sure Bioware can create another OP or Flashpoint, but it's still the same thing in a different place.

PVP in this game is nowhere near as fatal as it used to be in past games. If you lose your gear won't be stolen from you by the other player, your gear won't degrade any different than if a NPC killed you,. Heck, you don't even have to worry about trash talk as cross faction chat is disabled in this game. I think some players just can't stand losing. They prefer to play the predictable NPC so that in their minds they'll always be the hero of the universe that can't die.
No, it only means that a lot of people don't wish to do pvp, or ONLY wish to do pvp in a warzone and don't want a live event that presumably is a pve event shoved into a pvp zone. It is okay to not like a specific playstyle. As I used in an example in another post, if you disliked RP, you'd I assume would resent it if you were forced to always be in character. Again I have no issues with people liking pvp, and again although I haven't done it in a few months I did use to do warzones. BUT I do like to choose WHEN I do pvp, and not have to go into an open pvp area and get flagged just to do a pve event.

So no, it's not that they always have to be "the hero". It's that many people don't wish to do a specific playstyle. :P Being on a pvp server doesn't mean you're somehow the more "uber then thou" player as an aside. Not saying you have this attitude (although to be blunt based on your post I wouldn't be shocked if you do..) but I suspect many do. Far from all of course, and other playstyles have their "more uber then thou" members. But I seem to see this attitude IMO.

Arvig
01.19.2013 , 01:03 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
This upcoming event is rather good news and we generally need more events in game, so the pathetic cries of the ever whining bunch on these boards shouldn't really concern anyone too much.
Hmmm..I wonder if a playstyle you dislike was part of this event, if you'd call your own complaints "pathetic cries" or suddenly now "justified"?

Note how I mentioned "more uber then thou" attitude in another post...I suspect you qualify for such an attitude.

Vlacke
01.19.2013 , 01:15 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Arvig View Post
Hmmm..I wonder if a playstyle you dislike was part of this event, if you'd call your own complaints "pathetic cries" or suddenly now "justified"?
There isn't any play style that i dislike and unlike you i don't complain too much about nonsense.
I am on a PvP server even though i prefer PvE side of the game because i find that it's much more exciting and realistic when you can actually attack or be attacked by a player of the opposing faction once you encounter him.
I don't see why some people are scared of potential PvP encounters in this event, especially since the chances are they will not be alone.
Telcontar Legacy

funkhouse
01.19.2013 , 01:17 PM | #95
LOL wow, so that's another thing broken since launch eh? I feel for the non pvpers who choose to play pve pure. I allways roll on pvp server myself so i didnt know this has been broken since launch as i just read another thread about it lols. Good work by bioware

Baalzamon
01.19.2013 , 01:28 PM | #96
Pvers need to stop crying.

Hyfy
01.19.2013 , 01:32 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
There isn't any play style that i dislike and unlike you i don't complain too much about nonsense.
I am on a PvP server even though i prefer PvE side of the game because i find that it's much more exciting and realistic when you can actually attack or be attacked by a player of the opposing faction once you encounter him.
I don't see why some people are scared of potential PvP encounters in this event, especially since the chances are they will not be alone.
I could give you what is probably going to be a number 1 reason why, depending on how they structured this event. The one thing many people hate doing, even in a video game, is feeling like they just wasted their time. Especially if said people have a more limited time frame to play due to work, school, wife, kids, or just life in general. And the fact is if someone has just spent 45 minutes, an hour, 2 hours, or whatever trying to get something completed and have someone come out of nowhere and gank them forcing them to start back over having just wasted (or at least feeling like they just wasted) that time they have spent with their more limited play schedule.

Now to be quite frank, given the nature of your posts I don't expect you to grasp that and even if you do I foresee you caring so little that you will come back with some rote Halo kiddie response of "I feast on the their tears" or some other ridiculous nonsense. So odds are I am wasting my breath and would've been better served talking to the wall next to me, but I figure it was worth a shot to try.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

mothear
01.19.2013 , 01:40 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
I could give you what is probably going to be a number 1 reason why, depending on how they structured this event. The one thing many people hate doing, even in a video game, is feeling like they just wasted their time. Especially if said people have a more limited time frame to play due to work, school, wife, kids, or just life in general. And the fact is if someone has just spent 45 minutes, an hour, 2 hours, or whatever trying to get something completed and have someone come out of nowhere and gank them forcing them to start back over having just wasted (or at least feeling like they just wasted) that time they have spent with their more limited play schedule.

Now to be quite frank, given the nature of your posts I don't expect you to grasp that and even if you do I foresee you caring so little that you will come back with some rote Halo kiddie response of "I feast on the their tears" or some other ridiculous nonsense. So odds are I am wasting my breath and would've been better served talking to the wall next to me, but I figure it was worth a shot to try.
I get where you are coming from but maybe you are missing something and that is, 'maybe this event isn't made for you, in the same way that the last event had no PvP in it'.

Perhaps if the people who dislike PvP can see this instead of giving the impression that they are entitled to do all events in their own play style then there may be less unjustified complaining.

Hyfy
01.19.2013 , 02:03 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
I get where you are coming from but maybe you are missing something and that is, 'maybe this event isn't made for you, in the same way that the last event had no PvP in it'.

Perhaps if the people who dislike PvP can see this instead of giving the impression that they are entitled to do all events in their own play style then there may be less unjustified complaining.
You are assuming I was talking about me, I am not big on the open world PvP thing, and yes my time table is not as open as some but odds are I will be in there right along with other more seasoned PvP players probably in a mix of recruit gear and a few WH pieces. I do WZ's from time to time when the spirit moves me and I also enjoy doing events like these so I will most likely be partaking in the event even if it is set up as a pure PvP event. The framing of my post was done simply trying to put myself into the shoes of the people who would be most ardently opposed to the event being done strictly in PvP.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

Zataos
01.19.2013 , 03:30 PM | #100
People have turned PVP into some terrible ordeal, its not a "PVE Event", its a "Event", if you don't want to participate then don't, go collect your datacrons or explore some planet, otherwise stop being such crybabies, I have to do your stupid PVE flashpoints in order to get HK parts do I not? There's no difference, yes people can be jerks and gank, but that's why you get a group of people to go with, recruit gear is free and like I said it IS optional.
The Chaoticas Legacy -The Shadowlands Server - (40k kills)
(Havaos Jug 50) (Devaos Sorc 50) (Vorhen BH 50) (Venaos Sin 50) (Xaos BH 50) (Zorgen Jug 50) (Zataos Mara 50) (Gwaraos BH 50) (Xenaos Mara 42) (Tavaos Sin 50) (Jenaos Snip 41) (Scaraos Op 27) (Ravaos Jug 31) (Xinaos Sorc 32) (Dreadaos - Jug 22)