Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GragorArtis
01.18.2013 , 07:41 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Um, have you played the game? Ilum and the Outlaw's Den are the only two places I can think of that are Open World PvP areas.
Anywhere you can PvP is an Open World PvP areas. At least on my server it is. I constantly have to fight the opposite faction to do my dailies.

GragorArtis
01.18.2013 , 07:43 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
We're talking about it all however.
I was mainly talking to the people complaining about the event, the reputation system i cant say anything about because i dont know what its like.

Declan_Vee
01.18.2013 , 07:43 PM | #223
Honestly I'm disappointed we're getting a heads up on this event. Where's the pleasant unexpected surprise we got from both the Rakghoul Plague and the Grand Acquisition Race?
Ameel MinogueLauramile
The Ex-Dalborran Elitists... whatever's left of them... - The Harbinger

kramgniw
01.18.2013 , 09:14 PM | #224
This looks a lot like the various factions in WoW rep grind I undertook years ago in WOTLK . Can be a minor diversion or a lot more for the right mindset player. Just one observation., I hope that a vendor accompanies each faction and thats theres actually some stuff worth grinding for other than titles. I won't be bothering with this at all personally if its just for titles, I would imagine quite a few other players will feel the same.

Aries_cz
01.19.2013 , 05:27 AM | #225
To People freaking out about Reputation:
There are 4 factions, Gree, Voss, Belsavis and Mobile Fleet, which no one know where it will take place. So, even if you dislike PvP, you will still probably have 2-3 factions to get reputation with.
Also, the event will be on for whole year. So, even if you suck at PvP, but want to participate and get rewared from PvP zone, you have plenty of time to train yourself, getting good (or at least mediocre) in PvP is a matter of month at most...
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Gommas
01.19.2013 , 05:34 AM | #226
Awesome i can't wait. but fix the inspect another player pliz, its getting kinda off annoying.

JymmyMorison
01.19.2013 , 06:28 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
To People freaking out about Reputation:
There are 4 factions, Gree, Voss, Belsavis and Mobile Fleet, which no one know where it will take place. So, even if you dislike PvP, you will still probably have 2-3 factions to get reputation with.
Also, the event will be on for whole year. So, even if you suck at PvP, but want to participate and get rewared from PvP zone, you have plenty of time to train yourself, getting good (or at least mediocre) in PvP is a matter of month at most...
yes i would love to do it if this game could run pvp with playable fps

Aries_cz
01.19.2013 , 06:41 AM | #228
JymmyMorison: Well, not sure what your problem is, but I have been playing PvP on 5 year old PC (cost me approx 750 USD then, composed of AMD x2 5800, GeForce 8800GTS, 4GB DDR2 RAM, so something comparable to low-mid PC today) with almost no problem (on medium-low settings, rest of game in high-very high), and now I am playing on approx 1200 USD PC (i7 3770, GTX670, 8GB DDR3 RAM) with everything maxed out without problem (no lags anywhere, even in middle of fleet crowd).

Altyrell
01.19.2013 , 08:24 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
There are 4 factions, Gree, Voss, Belsavis and Mobile Fleet
Uh, no "Earn Reputation Points by completing missions for allies such as the Gree and the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire."

The phrase "such as" means for example, meaning that there will be those but also might be more then those.

Aries_cz
01.19.2013 , 08:36 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Uh, no "Earn Reputation Points by completing missions for allies such as the Gree and the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire."

The phrase "such as" means for example, meaning that there will be those but also might be more then those.
If you see the screenshot, we see 4 faction. The question is if these are the faction already "discovered" by the player, or just "all" we will get this patch (I am sure more will be added)