Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SageGaspar
01.18.2013 , 02:37 PM | #521
Seriously, just avoid clicking on the [Flirt] options. It is possible that a gay person will flirt with you IN REAL LIFE someday. Think of this as picking up a valuable survival skill so that your head doesn't explode if it happens (although I would go for "flattered, but not interested" instead of "I will choke you with my magical force powers" in real life personally).

Mevan
01.18.2013 , 03:09 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by TimothyJForde View Post
Don't like SGR? Then don't have one. You know... The same way you deal with it in real life?
Quoted for truth. And because the way you put it made me chuckle :P

Alandross
01.18.2013 , 04:08 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Quoted for truth. And because the way you put it made me chuckle :P
+1

Put yourself in other peoples shoes (though this is a rare concept in today's cultural atmosphere for a lot of people). If this game had only SGR wouldn't you want them to prioritize opposite gender romances? Wouldn't that be a significant aspect of a story driven game like this, especially considering all the content for people of a different gender preference than you. You may not like it or want it but you can at least understand why it's important for many people.

HKtheindomitable
01.18.2013 , 06:34 PM | #524
Statement: Someone quoted one of my posts, but I can't find it. The one that quoted said that BioWare says that a toggle is a form of discrimination against sgr.

Statement: If that's the case, then not having it is a form of discrimination against those who don't want sgr.

Exclamation: Take that, meatbags!

Conclusion: That's why an optional download is better than forcing it on everybody who doesn't want it, and is easier to do than a toggle. My suggestion continues to stand.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Kahotep
01.18.2013 , 06:47 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Statement: Someone quoted one of my posts, but I can't find it. The one that quoted said that BioWare says that a toggle is a form of discrimination against sgr.

Statement: If that's the case, then not having it is a form of discrimination against those who don't want sgr.

Conclusion: That's why an optional download is better than forcing it on everybody who doesn't want it, and is easier to do than a toggle. My suggestion continues to stand.
I really don't think that argument holds water.

You can argue that having a toggle is not discrimination, but to say that IF it IS discrimination, then not allowing people to discriminate is discriminating against people who want to discriminate is totally nonsensical.

Mevan
01.18.2013 , 06:49 PM | #526
I hope you're not serious. If you are, that is the single most stupid thing I have ever heard in my entire gaming life...

AgentJacen
01.18.2013 , 06:55 PM | #527
You don't have to do SGRs if you don't want to, and this is in the wrong forum. I don't see you suggesting anything.
"Only I've been both Jedi and Sith, and found clarity in the force." -Revan

Alandross
01.18.2013 , 06:55 PM | #528

Definitely faulty logic. That is what we call a double standard.

Downloading it doesn't mean you have to do it. You don't have to download same gender relationships. Hence your logic would move current different gender relationships to an optional download and by default you get no relationships.

Clearer logic is that simply you choose to experience the SGR in game or not just like you currently do for different gender relationships.

HKtheindomitable
01.18.2013 , 07:23 PM | #529
Halting Statement: Whoa whoa whoa. Stop stop stop stop.

Statement: Too many meatbags are misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm not being clear enough, and most are too unwilling to see more than their side of the matter. And all are attacking. All are at fault.

Extrapolation: Being an optional download or a toggle are mostly the same save for one being easier than the other to implement.

Clarification: What I'm speaking of, though it involves sgr, I'm speaking more from a companion sgr aspect than not. Those who don't want to pursue SGR with their companions don't want their same gender companions coming on to them. For those who don't know, there are some companions that initiate flirting before the player does. Making it toggle on/off or available as an optional download is not wrongful discriminating.

Admission: I can see where many are coming from that it's a lot like not choosing the Dark/Light side or flirt options. But those are controlled. Companions flirting before the player does, that's not controlled. Yeah, it's saying that they live differently. But so do people who are poor. They have a different way of living. So do those who want SGR.

Explanation: It's not a negative discrimination to make it turn on or off or be an option for companions. It's available for those who want it, but it's not forced upon those who don't.

Admission: Now if they can add dialogue that makes it subtle, say a companion gives a compliment that doesn't imply SGR and THEN you have the option to pursue sgr, then fine. Those who don't want to can just ignore it and those who do will pursue it. Bam! No discrimination period.

Conclusion: I end my adding posts and replying/ clarifying so as to keep things on track. There are too many willing to attack. So any attacks of this will not be responded to.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Justicar | International Guild

Mevan
01.18.2013 , 07:30 PM | #530
Statement: Too many meatbags are misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm not being clear enough, and most are too unwilling to see more than their side of the matter. And all are attacking. All are at fault.
No, we understand what you are saying quite clearly. We just think it's ridiculous.