Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HurricaneHarte
01.18.2013 , 09:14 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sajuuk-Sjet View Post
I was getting this and after deleting the card info on the advice on customer service and now I have a new problem, its not letting me put the cards back in, It says that it can't use the card, a card that I had entered before with no problem. This is just getting retarded, starting to think about organizing a mass subscription drop with other people for how badly this is being handled.

Edit: This is a founder talking by the way.
Im in.

nicosand
01.18.2013 , 09:15 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post

Apologies for the confusion caused by the generic message. In this case "Contact EA support" means contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic phone support. Unfortunately, we are not able to resolve this via the forums or ticket.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Oh and, while I asked you to explain what the error NU2001 means, the thing you focused on was that I said it told me to contact EA??? thank you for an utterly useless reply. God im so fed up of the incompetnce... If you dont know what it is, the for godsake just say " I do not know what that error is"

Btw, not that it matters, im a founder too, guess it doesnt mean anything that I've played this game about every day since early game access, and have been a loyal customer for over a year.

Kalavereon
01.18.2013 , 10:31 AM | #43
How dare you close a 200 PAGE thread and move it to avoid it becoming a huge problem in the public eye?! I must say I am severly disappointed in EA/BW in their actions in this. I have already personally emailed pc gamer, gamepro, game informer and a few other magazines about this horrid action from EA. I have recieved a personalized response from PC gamer that they will start to look into this and will publish an article as soon as they are done gathering information. No announcement has been made even, to be honest if you had made even one community announcement I wouldn't be 90% as angry as I currently am. Just acknowledge the mess up on your end and at least you show that you care about the player's input a LITTLE. Shame on you. Shame.

Edit: here is a link to the closed thread I referenced: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...55534&page=200

TylerDarker
01.18.2013 , 11:27 AM | #44
Attempt to call customer service ((312)725-5740) "The number you have dialed is unallocated..."

Great, cant even call them... *Slow Clap*

Naugor
01.18.2013 , 11:46 AM | #45 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Heya everyone,

Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
Thanks for our understanding? What a joke.

It's insulting that you keep telling people that their only recourse is to contact a phone service that not only costs money, but has proven itself time and time again to be woefully unreliable.

You are developing a rather large amount of angry customers, and repeatedly telling them to do that which you have been told numerous times ISN'T WORKING is just making things worse.

This is YOUR problem. On YOUR end. This is NOT an issue with people's banks, credit cards, or anything that could possibly be construed as the fault of the customer.

This reminds me of a problem i had early last year where my TOR payments as a US citizen were being routed through another country, which was causing all sorts of issues with my bank at the time.

If you people can't even get your billing and payment issues straight, how do you possibly hope to succeed?
At no point have we stated that this is a customer's fault. There a variety of factors that might be causing this issue, as outlined in the opening post.

We would really like to be able to assist you on the phone, due to the nature of payment related issues, these issues need to be dealt with on an individiual basis.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sajuuk-Sjet View Post
I was getting this and after deleting the card info on the advice on customer service and now I have a new problem, its not letting me put the cards back in, It says that it can't use the card, a card that I had entered before with no problem. This is just getting retarded, starting to think about organizing a mass subscription drop with other people for how badly this is being handled.

Edit: This is a founder talking by the way.
Seeing as the issue persists, if waiting for 24 hours and getting in touch with the bank did not help, we would like to ask you to please get in touch with Customer Service over phone again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Malthuras View Post
Bra-VO Bioware, not only have you managed to successfully sweep the issue aside without giving us any concrete cause/effect/whats being done to address the real issue, you also managed to wipe the slate clean of the threadnaught that had over 100k views, and several thousand posts on the same issue. Here's a few questions you can address properly, without spouting the same nonesense that you have about "daily limits" and contacting phone support:

1. The daily limit excuse is a terrible cop-out. I'll use myself as an example. I purchased cartel coins for a time, even sometimes doing $120 in a day, sometimes less. Now, I haven't been able to purchase coins within over a month. Of course I finally gave up, because i'm not going to work insanely to try to GIVE you my money.

2. Call customer support. Right. Then be told that we need to send a copy of OUR ID so that YOU can contact OUR banks or cards because its THEIR problem? 2 + 2 does not equal fish. From both the threads and the sheer number of players who have the same problem, this is clearly a problem with the EA billing system. Look up NU2001 on the internet, its not just a SWTOR issue, its been a constant issue with EA billing for god knows how long. They simply have neglected to do anything about it, and now thats translating to you. I even tried to renew my subscription at one point, and failed due to the same error. I bought a month game card, but at this point after reading all of this I'm done.

I've played just about every MMO out there, from EVE to WoW. An issue like this with almost every other MMO would have been addressed, multiple updates been given on the progress AND cause to the issue, and QUICKLY resolved because hey, we WANT to give you money but you won't take it. The customer support has been beyond abhorrent not to mention borderline illegal for asking for copies of photo ID to correct an issue with your billing.

I would like to thank you bioware, because you actually made this simple for me. I'm going to take my business to a company who actually wants my money. I wish the best of luck to you all who want to continue trying to work through this bs.

-1 Founder. The numbers are really dwindling now.
1. As you have waited 24 hours already, please get in touch with phone support so they can investigate your individual issue.

2. Unfortunately I am unable to comment on the need for a copy of IDs. I suspect this might be a necessary step in some cases, but it will be up to Customer Service phone support team to investigate on a case by case basis.

Quote: Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I was going to craft my last post this evening as well. Luckily, you've pretty much already done it for me. Time to find something new and noob it up.

FWIW, and for those still fighting the good fight attempting to get this resolved, I've still not received as email or response back as to suddenly why a Photo ID is a subscription requirement.. *shrug*

Good luck ya'll.
As far as I have been able to find out, we are still in contact with you regarding this matter. Please give it some time, the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
Technically I didn't get back to you, at least not in that your reply was intended for me in the first place. I did get back in the last thread already and in the thread I linked to. Just wanted to clear that up first. Also, the 60 days didn't work before, but now at least I no longer need Origin to buy a code to manually enter, and that's an improvement, which I only discovered on a random try I did occasionally to see if it was fixed. A 1 year non-recurring subscription would really make it better for me because recurring won't work ever most likely.

What I did see was someone getting the same error as I did and getting told to also call. My experience says that having someone with the general error having to call is not a good idea. PHONE SUPPORT CAN'T FIX IT, they can only move it up the ladder. There's no reason why sending in a ticket can't be enough to get the general error to be send that far up the ladder.

I'm pretty sure we're told in the support FAQ section that we have to send in a ticket. There's a billing section for tickets, but all that send go there wait for a reply that always ttells them to call it in. Why even have it if you let people wait for over a week and then tell them to have to call?

The general errors are on your end, so please just get people a more effective way to report them, please. Only the NU2001 (better known as the FU2001 from reading that last thread) error is there for phone support, but people need to go in there knowing what to say.

- Be prepared, read other people's experiences with calling before you call.
- If you can't call free or just don't want to wait for hours on the phone, use Skype or something similar, at least you can play while waiting.
- To call free with skype, set the country to US and call the US number, I advise that anyway as I heard many get non-english support, but when i called like this I didn't.
- DO NOT SEND IN YOUR ID, NOT EVEN A COPY, if they ask for it they try to scam you and commit identity theft, call them on that, they already ask security questions and everything. They didn't ask me for it, but it's very suspicious that they'd ask, if I asked the police here or at the government building, they'd probably tell me not to send it in EVER. In fact if it's abused you're in trouble because you gave it away, you are responsible for what they do with it.
- Attack them with reason, if they try to blame you or your bank, explain them it can't be the case.
- First people accepting the calls are there to thin the heard (standard policy for customer support), don't let those brush you off but keep pushing those with logic and they'll forward you to the real support.
Although the general error message is indeed shared among a group of customers, the actual issues are different and hence need to be handled on a case by case basis. Unfortunately ticket support will be unable to resolve this request, which is why we stated in the Cartel Coins FAQ and in the opening post of this thread again that anyone experiencing this error, after waiting 24 hours and doing all possible steps from their end needs to contact Customer Service via phone so our team can investigate the case from our end.

As stated to Malthuras, I am unable to comment on the need for a copy of ID, though I do suspect it could be necessary depending on the individual issue at hand.
That said the Customer Service phone support team is definitely not out there to scam you, please do not make such unfounded accusations.

Your other suggestion regarding contacting us via VOIP services is great however. Thanks for making players aware of this option.

Quote: Originally Posted by PziCrow View Post
I'm tired of reading replies from BW, telling us not much else but "Call costumer support".
Seriously, you wan't all players calling your support? How many people have this problem?
As long as just the amount of people here on the forums have a problem, it is so huge, that you would drown in phonecalls if we all called. And as it is such a huge problem, just by counting the number of people, this is not a problem that needs to be solved individually for every affected person. It is such a huge problem, that YOU BW / EA needs to solve this issue on your end, so the billing works like it does for every other company.
If this NU2001 thing happened in any other company, it would be fixed on their end ASAP, so their costumerbase would "suffer" as little as possible.

I won't quit your game, but I can't pay anymore for playing. I still have a few month to go on my subscription, but when that runs out, I'm quitting the game, unless you manage to fix the issue.
It's very simple for me. Either I play as a subscriber, so I can get the full experience of the game, or I don't play, because F2P sucks fussy balls.
Players experiencing the error need to verify the steps outlined in the Cartel Coin FAQ on their end, wait 24 hours and then get in touch with our phone support if the issue persists.

It is in the best interested of both you and us to get this resolved, if there was another way than phone support we would point it out. However at this stage each case will need to be reviewed on an individual basis.

Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
This is getting really silly.

*Is getting the bug on main account
*Bug stays until the digital expansion is on pre-order. I pre-order the digital expansion and this is somehow "unlocking" my card.
*Is able to buy coins again but made the mistake of buying three packs on the same day. I believe that this is what's causing the bug, three payments/day and you're blocked.
*Sets up second account, using a timecard I happened to have.
*Uses a new debit card on second account and is successfully able to buy coins.
*Deletes debitcard on new account and tries original debit card on it. Gets the error.
*A few weeks passed and I decided to use the new debit card on the new account again. Card, or more likely account, blocked too. I would assume that this is the outcome of having tried a card that had been blocked on another account. So I've tried to delete and re-enter my card data, for both cards, on both accounts a couple of times and I know that I've been charged the $1 "card confirmation fee" on atleast one occassion of these failed attempts.

This is not a new revolutionary system, it's been used in many games long before Swtor, so it is just beyond me how, after months, this can still be an issue. Calling cuystomer support is not an option for everyone, nor should it have to be.

Almost forgot, I'm actually able to buy online timecards on this site with a card that is blocked when it comes to cartel coin purchases. Does not compute! It's like going into a store and being told that I'm only allowed to buy some of the products they have to offer.
It is entirely possible that once the card has been blocked, it cannot be re-added without assistance by our Customer Service phone support team, so please reach out so they can assist you right away.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicosand View Post
Oh and, while I asked you to explain what the error NU2001 means, the thing you focused on was that I said it told me to contact EA??? thank you for an utterly useless reply. God im so fed up of the incompetnce... If you dont know what it is, the for godsake just say " I do not know what that error is"

Btw, not that it matters, im a founder too, guess it doesnt mean anything that I've played this game about every day since early game access, and have been a loyal customer for over a year.
The first post contains the answer to your question. As stated there, there is not just one single reason for seeing this message, there are a variety of factors. If you call the Customer Service team, they can review your individual case and see what the issue will for your account and your account only.

Thank you all.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Fireborne
01.18.2013 , 12:57 PM | #46
All I keep seeing from these forum bots is "Call Customer Support". You call customer support, and you too, everyone call customer support. I think we get the message now, but for a lot of us, the bottom line remains, we're not going to waste even more of our hard earned money calling in to a non-toll-free number to fix a problem that is happening on YOUR END of the transaction attempts. Give us a toll free number to call and I can assure you that you'll start making A LOT more money as we actually call in, talk to your people, tell them it's really us and let us start giving you money again. Simple solution. Your welcome, I'll even waive my customary consulting fee, cause I wanna see this game thrive like it should.

DarStrok
01.18.2013 , 01:07 PM | #47
Ok I see this thread many time, problem with your system service... don't give answer how players need... questions and answer recording in a page don't give answer and fix anything... I had been waiting more than 48 hrs to get my complementary coins and nothing... I can`t call your system support cos itis more expensive for me than do a new subscriptions... come on guys not all people are from USA or french or germany... give a good service to other people too... I wrote two tickets and this is my third thread about same thing... and you just read but you don`t give a confortable answer...I read twice your FAQ and you repeat the same but nothing happend... please in my case COULD SOMEBODY CHARGE MY COMPLEMENTARY COINS.... besides, this is one of the big problems with your service... a bad service i have to say... 'cos you didn't have problem to get my money from my credit card.

I wait for an answer real and confortable anwers...

Hachirowan
01.18.2013 , 01:12 PM | #48
Heya everyone,

The first post contains the answer to your question. As stated there, there is no single reason for seeing this message, there are a variety of factors. If you call the Customer Service team, they can review your individual case and see what the issue will for your account and your account only.

Thank you all.

Sir and or Ma'am,

I have called before about my issue of not being able to buy more cartel coins and was not helped at all.

First attempt I spent 20 mins describing my issue to the intial call agent. They wanted me to Remove my Card information and re-add it, but I remember seeing a BioWare rep posted that this was advised against, so I declined to do so. They then wanted me to wait 24 hours and try again, but it had been weeks of trying to buy coins, so what would 24 more hours do? They then said they would transfer the call to the billing department and I waited for an hour on hold. A Real person did answer, but told me I had to call back in a couple hours because you were updating the phone system...

Second attempt I called back the following week and after I had the call agent look up my ticket, they reviewed it and said that they could not help me. They then told me that I needed to call back at 7AM GMT the next day because the level 2 support was not there. I haven't called back because that would be around 2 AM for me and during the week I get up for work around 5am. And who wants to deal with customer support on the weekends at 2am? Pretty sad, bioware, that you can't provide help either through the forums, in-game or over the phone.
Imperial Ground Forces

PziCrow
01.18.2013 , 02:54 PM | #49
Heya everyone,

At no point have we stated that this is a customer's fault. There a variety of factors that might be causing this issue, as outlined in the opening post.

It's true that there has not been any word of this being our fault. But the way things are being handled, with BW representatives telling us to call CS, is indirectly putting it on us. I know that's not what your intentions are, but that's just how us silly players look at it

It must really be an awful job you have Naugor. I bet you start your day like this
Then you log on, read all these complaints and start looking like this
Then after about half an hour of still reading through this pile of complaint you look like this
Now, you start replying each case you feel needs a response and look like this , but you try to look like
At the end of the day, I think you look like this and I hope you do.
Because when all the players look like this , it's damn hard not to turn to the dark side and tell us all to go *censored* ourselves.

At least you're trying to help us and for that, you deserve a hug. I wish you could help us more, by giving more info on this error that's going nuts with billing atm, but for now I'll go look like this
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

SevenFC
01.18.2013 , 02:59 PM | #50
Well I'm not going to be one to bash. I'm glad to see you guys responding to everyone's post. I havent been able to buy coins off my debit card since November. I've had to resort to buying ea game cards. Unfortunetely aswell I've been put on hold for over 6 hours at a time and am not willing to go through it again.