Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP gear in PvE


DarthSylar's Avatar


DarthSylar
01.17.2013 , 03:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
Less players like the above, please. Have a little decency and remember you were a newbie as well at one point.

I know for sure I can run ev/kp hm with wh gear, I just wasn't sure about the others.
To be honest, he gave the best answer to the original question. The last bit was unneccesary and rude, but the OP was comparing recruit vs Tionesse, not war hero vs tionesse, and I would likely kick someone for showing up in recruit gear. It may be a pain to switch gear, but you should equip all the tionesse pieces when grouping with others.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
01.17.2013 , 03:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSylar View Post
To be honest, he gave the best answer to the original question. The last bit was unneccesary and rude, but the OP was comparing recruit vs Tionesse, not war hero vs tionesse, and I would likely kick someone for showing up in recruit gear. It may be a pain to switch gear, but you should equip all the tionesse pieces when grouping with others.
Recruit is better than Tionese (better armor rating, better weapon rating, better secondary stats) and totally sufficient for HM FPs (tier 1) and SM EV/KP.

If you kicked me for wearing recruit gear instead of Tionese, I would be grateful, because then I wouldn't have to play with someone who doesn't understand gear stats.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

GalaxyStrong's Avatar


GalaxyStrong
01.17.2013 , 03:52 PM | #23
Let me flip this questions around.

I am a MM Sniper and I have all lvl 26-27 PVE mods(mods, armoring, enhancements, augments) in my equipment. I'm gonna start PVPing and I keep looking at the recruit gear but with the exception of expertise all my other stats take major drop. Should I change to the recruit gear or use my PVE gear till I can get Elite WarHero gear.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
01.17.2013 , 04:12 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
Let me flip this questions around.

I am a MM Sniper and I have all lvl 26-27 PVE mods(mods, armoring, enhancements, augments) in my equipment. I'm gonna start PVPing and I keep looking at the recruit gear but with the exception of expertise all my other stats take major drop. Should I change to the recruit gear or use my PVE gear till I can get Elite WarHero gear.
I asked this same question quite a while and got vastly different responses from two opposite camps of the argument.

I did some math using AMR profiles, and it seemed that a full set of black/hole campaign was better than recruit, despite the loss of expertise. I then went into some warzones and tested it -- I did much better in my end-game PvE gear than with Recruit.

Despite this, I've still had people argue that expertise is so valuable and so definitive that even the best PvE gear is less than Recruit in a warzone.

The final test was a set of duels with a guildie in Recruit and me in a mix of 61/63 PvE gear. The rules of the duel was simple - alternate Grav Round and Hammer Shot only (to try and make the test as gear driven as possible). He (in the recruit gear) lost every time. He then put on his War Hero gear (with me still in 61/63 PvE) and he then won every duel.

So, I recommend to use your 61/63 PvE gear instead of Recruit but start replacing it with War Hero as fast as you can.

Brutal's Avatar


Brutal
01.17.2013 , 06:14 PM | #25
normly if i run a hard mode i will not heal any one in recrute or pvp gear yes wh is much beter then tisonie but after all the abuse i got in pvp for having my itemized campain/deth guard gear insted of recrute just tired of all the arguments so for pve have youre pve for pvp put pvp gear on i still think 61-63 pve is better then recrute but hey try to explain it to pvpers

Brutal's Avatar


Brutal
01.17.2013 , 06:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
1169 dps in 50 sec on a mk-5 operation training dummy

I didnt get many crits in but thats the average mostly. Is that good or bad?

p.s. I'm a sin in deception tree
its low for pve my brother in columie do 1300-1500 stable over 5 min
with this dps and gear i would say u can do ec /ev/kp /tfb sm and skip the columi go for rakata u should be able to get whole set in a week easy

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
01.17.2013 , 06:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
normly if i run a hard mode i will not heal any one in recrute or pvp gear yes wh is much beter then tisonie but after all the abuse i got in pvp for having my itemized campain/deth guard gear insted of recrute just tired of all the arguments so for pve have youre pve for pvp put pvp gear on i still think 61-63 pve is better then recrute but hey try to explain it to pvpers
So because some people bullied you, you are then going to turn around bully some other people?

DarthSylar's Avatar


DarthSylar
01.17.2013 , 09:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Recruit is better than Tionese (better armor rating, better weapon rating, better secondary stats) and totally sufficient for HM FPs (tier 1) and SM EV/KP.

If you kicked me for wearing recruit gear instead of Tionese, I would be grateful, because then I wouldn't have to play with someone who doesn't understand gear stats.
less main stat an less endurance. And unless your counting braces, belts, motivators and implants, Some of the secondary stats come up short as well. Now that you get free tionesse, not getting it is just lazy.

And does recruit gear even have set bonuses?

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
01.18.2013 , 03:26 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
1169 dps in 50 sec on a mk-5 operation training dummy

I didnt get many crits in but thats the average mostly. Is that good or bad?

p.s. I'm a sin in deception tree
This is a rotation and not a gear issue you should be hitting well above that even in WH.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Przemo_No's Avatar


Przemo_No
01.18.2013 , 03:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
normly if i run a hard mode i will not heal any one in recrute or pvp gear yes wh is much beter then tisonie but after all the abuse i got in pvp for having my itemized campain/deth guard gear insted of recrute just tired of all the arguments so for pve have youre pve for pvp put pvp gear on i still think 61-63 pve is better then recrute but hey try to explain it to pvpers

hahahaha... what an argumentation
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.