Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inventory Graphic Bug (What did you guys change last night?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Inventory Graphic Bug (What did you guys change last night?)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Enexemander
01.17.2013 , 11:44 AM | #1
http://imgur.com/CrqdA

This is happening across most (but not all) of my characters. The top right 5 blocks are covered in this blue box, and it extends across the screen. I can still select anything covered. If I open another window (say, the bank) and I click on that window, the new window will go over the blue box.

From that, I think we can rule out a graphics card failure. It is definitely in game.

Nothing in my specs have changed, and this is the first I have seen of this bug.

So, did you guys update something last night? Might want to look into it.

Beesodd
01.17.2013 , 12:19 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Enexemander,

We didn't make any changes since tuesday's patch(and even that was relatively slight), and this looks to be a local issue. While I would immediately think it would be graphics card related, it might help to run the repair function on the launcher. This can be found by clicking on the cog icon after logging in.

If this has no effect, then I'd look at a card issue, as mentioned. The steps you described don't really discount the card as a source of the issue, and drivers can corrupt for many reasons without any apparent influence from the user.

To that end, please try updating your card drivers. Hopefully this will solve the problem quickly, but if it persists, it's worth removing your old drivers and installing a fresh set from scratch.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Enexemander
01.17.2013 , 02:46 PM | #3
Repairing the client seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you!

Beesodd
01.18.2013 , 02:47 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
That's great to hear, I'm happy that it was so quick to get fixed.

Thanks!

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.