Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game keeps muting itself

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

majornig
01.17.2013 , 09:50 PM | #1
I dont know what is going on, but while i am playing all sound on the game just stops. Its only on swtor. So i tried to find out why this is happening, so i went to preferences and saw that the "enable sound" button was unchecked. So i rechecked it and all the sound came back. so i continued to play and sure enough a few minutes later all sound cut out again. I opened preferences again and the enable sound button was, once again, unchecked. I dont know what is causing this but it is extremely annoying and it only happens with this game. Also sometimes when im doing space missions or other missions i dont really care to listen to I mute the game and listen to music. I noticed that when i mute it, sometimes it turns its self on. so it seems that something is causing the game to enable AND disable the enable sound button. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Beruthien
01.17.2013 , 09:55 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings majornig,

Are you by any chance hitting Ctrl+S when playing? This is the default keybind to enable/disable sound.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

majornig
01.18.2013 , 01:56 AM | #3
I think that must be it. i use ctrl as my modifier key. so when i move backwards using 'S' then hold ctrl to use my second quick bar, it must be muting the game. I changed my modifier key to alt. this seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help and the info

Beruthien
01.18.2013 , 01:57 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings majornig,

Glad that I was able to help!

You can also always change your keybinds in the Preferences Menu!

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support