Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
I was sure Boba Fett used a Blaster Rifle...

bahdasz
01.12.2013 , 02:56 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Kintaroshi View Post
Eh, as a Fett fan myself, you have to read the books.
I've read all the books. I distinctly remember him getting punked by Lando Calrissian once as well. Anybody that let that happen.... yeah.

bahdasz
01.12.2013 , 02:57 PM | #42
Obi-Wan used a blaster in ROTS, I demand blaster rifles for all jedi classes!

davkei
01.15.2013 , 08:47 AM | #43
Boba Fett was a mandalorian making a living as a bounty hunter. There are tons of other bounty hunters in the galaxy not being a mandalorian nor wearing mandalorian armor. Calo Nord used dual blaster pistols while Boba Fett used and EE3 carbine rifle "http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EE-3_carbine_rifle". Leave the class as it is and stop making parallels between bounty hunter class and Boba Fett.
Pinky: "Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the world!

Talon_Starfire
01.15.2013 , 09:29 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Believe it or not the class is called Bounty Hunter, not Boba Fett. If you read anything of the EU you'd know that not all bounty hunters were Boba Fett nor did they all use rifles.

It was a carbine, not a sawed-off rifle (whatever that is)

Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
I agree it was a carbine but a sawed of rifle is when you saw some of it off like a sawed off shotgun.
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

arkanone
02.06.2013 , 12:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by RidgeBlader View Post
The argument can be made that every class in this game should have access every weapon. At some point in time in the SW universe it is demonstrated.

People seem to miss the crux of TOR from BW point of view. You, the player, are not playing a customised character or an avatar of what you would like to be within the SW universe. e.g. SWG. You are playing 'The' Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, Jedi Knight etc etc etc within the TOR universe.
BULL.

I'm tailoring my character to be the closest thing to Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Obi Wan, etc that I can get.

They offer hairstyle options from 1976 but my bounty hunter can't use a blaster rifle?? It makes NO sense.

Meanwhile, the agent, aka the totally not on anybody's wishlist James Bond class that Bioware threw in, uses a blaster rifle instead of a pistol. Makes absolutely zero sense.

LifeScourge
02.06.2013 , 01:23 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
Boba used a sawed off blaster rifle...there are some pistols that come close to that look
Actually....he used a blaster carbine, pretty much a heavy pistol with a rifle stock on it
If you can't be a good example, BE A HORRIBLE EXCUSE!!!

"The only law in this galaxy is what a man makes for himself"
BH Powertech lvl 50

LifeScourge
02.06.2013 , 01:25 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Boba Fett died like a drunken punk, I still don't know why everyone idolizes him and his poor-dicision-making "father" so much
You know he did live through that whole sarlacc thing right...

BH Powertech lvl 50

Henu
02.06.2013 , 07:47 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by arkanone View Post
Ya I don't remember him using two pistols. And since the entire coolness of the bounty hunter character DID NOT come from Jango Fett in the prequels, blaster rifles should be an option for the BH.
why is this a big deal for people... your not boba Fett your a bounty hunter.... everything in this game doesnt have to based on what you have seen in a movie...
Kript - SNX - Harby, Yes its a PVE server but honestly there isn't a lot of open world PVP on the other servers anyway.

LifeScourge
02.07.2013 , 07:34 AM | #49
Thank you!!! I just want to play the game, its good, and people who say that it wouldn't take much to add rifles or carbines just don't know what their asking, the current system is set for pistols, therefore it would have to be redone for rifles and carbines. This game, since it's based a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away REALISM SHOULDN'T MATTER!!!! The story line and gameplay should be more of a concern.

BH Powertech lvl 50

arkanone
02.07.2013 , 10:27 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by LifeScourge View Post
Thank you!!! I just want to play the game, its good, and people who say that it wouldn't take much to add rifles or carbines just don't know what their asking, the current system is set for pistols, therefore it would have to be redone for rifles and carbines. This game, since it's based a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away REALISM SHOULDN'T MATTER!!!! The story line and gameplay should be more of a concern.
This isn't rocket science. How do you think vanguards do the same damage with a blaster rifle as powertechs do with a pistol?