Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alter.net alter.net alter.net

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Alter.net alter.net alter.net

Larame
01.17.2013 , 07:31 PM | #1
Hello! If you have not heard already, there are many of us experiencing major lag issues during peak hours. In my case it is on The Bastion. I have no issues with the other server I have alts on (POT5).

I have written numerous tickets about this, and my responses are THIS.................
Spoiler

This is an automated response that has nothing to do with the issue I am having.

CUSTOMER SERVICE, I AM REQUESTING SERVICE. (I'm allowed to do that since I PAY to play this game).

Can somebody give some actual insight on this issue? Any fixes in the future? ANYTHING THAT RELATES TO THE ACTUAL ISSUE.

Just to save some time, I will now post my tracert and pathping AGAIN.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have completed the steps that you have asked others................I gave you my tracert and pathping. It has been weeks now. It's time for the next step, or at least ACKNOWLEDGE the issue.

Yes, I'm mad bro,
Larame

Emwolb
01.17.2013 , 07:33 PM | #2
^ preach on! Same problem here with alter.net

Vailence
01.17.2013 , 07:57 PM | #3
Sorry to spoil the party, but you're not gonna get any response from BW. They don't believe in servicing their paying customers.

JediCahlwyn
01.17.2013 , 07:59 PM | #4
Or there is nothing to say. Or they have said it several other times. Man I hate that attitude. I wouldn't respond either if I had to deal with pessimists all day.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Vailence
01.17.2013 , 08:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
Or there is nothing to say. Or they have said it several other times. Man I hate that attitude. I wouldn't respond either if I had to deal with pessimists all day.
Aren't they getting payed to respond to issues? If there was nothing they could do, at least write that, and people with problems would have to accept that. It takes 30 seconds. But it's the complete lack of a real response, that pisses some people off.

Larame
01.17.2013 , 08:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Vailence View Post
Aren't they getting payed to respond to issues? If there was nothing they could do, at least write that, and people with problems would have to accept that. It takes 30 seconds. But it's the complete lack of a real response, that pisses some people off.
Preach on! Some people just want to disregard what's really happening to try to correct "poopy" attitudes on the internet.

Emwolb
01.17.2013 , 08:06 PM | #7
I can't say bump but I really want to

Emwolb
01.17.2013 , 08:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
But you responded to this thread which you think is full of pessimists

Larame
01.17.2013 , 09:46 PM | #9
Alter.net...................................

100ms

900ms

(red)x

........................and everything's fine for 30 more seconds.....

OwenBrooks
01.17.2013 , 09:49 PM | #10
My post from another thread

I know what I posted above in regards to the hosting company, however this is because in an ideal world there should not be packet loss occuring on those routers.

Is it causing the issue you have, possibly, possibly not, I have recorded 97% packet loss on my hop 3 within bigpond (ISP) while playing , was it an issue in game , nope.

I posted the below links in a thread that got deleted , i think this was because of the name of the thread and not my post. If it wasn't If CS can amend my post would be great.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-disconnection - Guild Wars 2

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2744639&page=5 - league of Legends

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...ing-raid-times - Wow
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5724193313

As you can see any MMO is prone to this, some users may play this game fine yet for them GW2 is a problem.
yet another player may play GW2 fine and this game is a problem.

Not saying this is your particular issue but there are that many things that can cause lag and lag spike that server related is actually not that common. (not to say it isn't)