Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Next two playable races

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

01.17.2013 , 03:57 PM | #91
My vote goes for Togruta. I just hope they add decent horn options, I can't stand the fully mature Togruta's horns, way to big.

01.17.2013 , 04:09 PM | #92
I vote for dark elf

wood elf as a close 2nd

01.17.2013 , 04:28 PM | #93
They already announced Cathar @ E3 which will obviously be a republic race. Personally I would love to see Kaleesh for Empire.

01.17.2013 , 04:55 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Kel Dor speak Basic and Falleen's could be in the game, what just because they might not incorporate the pheromones doesn't mean that they can't be added.
i just want Kel Dor that was my vote for the next race i wasn't saying we couldn't have it B^P as for the Falleen... i just think it would for one be really really hard to get what they do to translate in game... and if i cant basically control people with my pheromones it wouldn't be nearly as fun nor would it be true to their race. im just saying if they are complaining about non basic speaking races being a bad idea then falleen should also fall into that category.. a lot more work would go into making them just like making a non basic speaking race.

as for them saying that just listening to non basic speakers in game make them want to punch the scream maybe they should have done a lil more work and not been lazy and made it sound like they were actually speaking a language and not have some bad voice actor read random words unattached and then try and peace a few together and hit repeat every few seconds. that's what i hear constantly in game is a few random words that sounds like my GPS is talking and then repeated over and over and over again.... THAT is what makes it annoying!!! and like someone else said just kuz it takes us 5 min to say something that don't mean it will take a wookie that long to say it!! Just think of Mandarin... that crap takes for ever to say a 5 word sentence but in English only a second or two

01.17.2013 , 05:06 PM | #95
Trandoshans and Ithorians (Both of which can speak Basic) would be AWESOME!

I always wanted an Ithorian Jedi and Trandoshan Sith!
Selique Lasra [Jung Ma RPvP]
Guildmaster of <Esoteric Order/Knights of Atonement>
~Star Wars Galaxies Vet (Scylla/Starsider)~

01.17.2013 , 05:12 PM | #96
Meh , more species... its still the same classes / storyline...
after 4 chars its getting borig to play the same missions again and again
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

01.17.2013 , 05:47 PM | #97
A species that I kinda want to see more of is Sarkhai, I like the look of Nadia and its humanoid so shouldn't cause any problems. Also Arkanian offshoots like Jarael in the KOTOR comic-books.

01.17.2013 , 06:01 PM | #98 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
This is one of the few aspects of SWTOR that is a real turn-off to me and quite puzzling. I don't understand why there wasn't more variety for playable species in a Star Wars game, a universe known for its alien creatures.
Making an alien race fully human playable is a huge amount of work, at least if you want to give players the level of customization options that they have come to expect. It takes a lot of work to make all of the customization options work together and look good, while still ensuring people still can find looks that are unique to each other.

The Togruta provide a unique problem in this regard, in regards to the tentacles. Yes, the Twi'leks have tentacles too, but they are typically behind the player, whereas the Togruta's canonically drape across the front of the character. This means that they struggle to work with the existing animations and gear without clipping -- indeed, the first screenshot you see for Ashara if you google her is one with her chin ridiculously clipping through her tentacle. While this may be acceptable for a companion who is frequently offscreen while fighting, or NPCs who we can dress and pose carefully, its much more problematic for player characters who need to be able to wear anything and perform any animation and still look good. (The Twi'leks clip somewhat as well, but much art was tweaked to make this a lot less prevalent than it otherwise would have been)

I'm not trying to pour cold water in the species discussion. Quite the opposite - if the Cathar do well, I hope to expand your options even more, and we should know the answer to that 'soonish'. I just don't want anyone to think that just because an alien is currently in the game as an NPC, that it is trivial to turn it into player art -- it's a TON of work to do that, and do it well.
SWTOR Lead Designer

01.17.2013 , 06:09 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Lythos View Post
They already announced Cathar @ E3 which will obviously be a republic race. Personally I would love to see Kaleesh for Empire.
Why would it obviously be a Republic Species and not a Species available to, oh I don't know, BOTH Sides?

01.17.2013 , 06:13 PM | #100
No question that Cathar are going to be for both sides as it is a cartel market item which means open to anyone that pays for it.
The Harbinger
Snozzberry lvl 60 Gunslinger -- Friendlyminion lvl 60 Marauder -- UnfriendlyNPC lvl 60 Shadow -- Beskha lvl 57 Mercenary