Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PziCrow
01.17.2013 , 12:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Greetings everyone,

As we are still seeing confusion around the error message received when cartel coin purchases are not being processed, we have recreated the thread with all the latest information from the Cartel Coins FAQ in one place.

Why is it that some of my Cartel Coin purchases fail with an error message?

As with any online purchase, Cartel Coin purchases may fail for a variety of reasons. If you have never successfully purchased Cartel Coins, there are a number of things to check which may be causing the error you are seeing:
  1. Check that your billing address registered on www.swtor.com exactly matches the address your payment provider has on record for you
  2. You must be making the purchase from the same country your payment card was issued from for example if you are using a US Credit Card to buy coins from Europe, your payment may fail for this reason.
  3. Double-check the card information you have provided to be sure that there are no missing or transposed numbers in your card number, CVV number or expiration date.

If you have successfully purchased coins before, and are now unable to buy more, this could be because there is a limit to the number of Cartel Coin purchases any player may make per day, if you have passed this limit, you will not be able to make more Cartel Coin purchases for 24 hours.

There may be additional restrictions in terms of transaction numbers or spending limits which are imposed by your payment provider and are beyond our control. We would always suggest that you check with your payment provider in cases where there is no clear reason for a transaction to have failed.

For those of you still experiencing issues after going through the steps above please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service by telephone:

Spoiler
Thank you.
No hate intended, but this is a halfass solution to give out, when just about everybody is saying none of these things are working.
I myself have gone through all these things and those in the Cartel Coin FAQ and NOTHING works. Furthermore, I am one of those that live in a country whithout local phonesupport, so I have to stay up all night (and then not be able to go to work) to call support and spend a whole lot of money for you at BW to fix this.
I even tried using EA's customer support (Hurray for lack of answer from them).
As so many others, I also tried deleting my billingmethod and reapplying it, but then I just get the message, that it can't use my card.
So in short, NO, I will and "cannot" call for support and now I am unable to pay you anything for playing this game, because you're not willing to accept that there is a much bigger problem, that needs to be sorted out on BW's end.
Maybe you are willing, but I am tired, because I just woke up.
In umbra ambulo solus
The Corvus Legacy

Fireborne
01.17.2013 , 09:41 AM | #22
After reading hundreds if not thousands of posts on this issue, I have to say I'm very disappointed in BioWare's Customer Service. They keep insisting the issue is with our Credit Card companies or whatnot when the cards work flawlessly for everything else, and then have the gall to ask for personal photo ID? I'm on a 180 day subscription plan so I refuse to delete my Credit Card info and lose out on my lengthy subscription time remaining to try and fix this god forsaken NU2001 error that keeps popping up when I try to give you people money. And I'm talking about a lot of money. The oddest thing is, if it's a problem with my CC company, then how was my subscription able to renew 4 days ago? And why has it not been an issue until now when I not only Pre-Order'd the game, but have been a subscriber since launch all on the same card? Pre-ordering the expansion went fine, and for a short time even buying Cartel Coins worked. Now for weeks I have been unable to, all thanks to the lovely little NU2001 error. I've done all your other steps, even disable'd the DNS routing I use for Netflix in an attempt to make this work. I think you guys need to own up to the fact you use a magnificently unreliable service for collecting money from your customers, hire some CS reps with a backbone who wont just copy-paste every reply telling people to call a non-toll-free number to rectify the problem when you make them wait on hold for what should be to you an embarrassingly long wait time, only to be hung up on.
To end this succinctly, fix your $h!t and stop blaming the people who pay your salaries.

Hachirowan
01.17.2013 , 11:52 AM | #23
QUOTE from http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...32#post5732732

Heya everyone,

As we are still seeing confusion around the error message received when purchases are not being processed, we are recreating this thread over here with all information from the Cartel Coins FAQ in one place.

Thank you all for your on-going patience.

Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

What confusion?

Why is it that some of my Cartel Coin purchases fail with an error message?

As with any online purchase, Cartel Coin purchases may fail for a variety of reasons. If you have never successfully purchased Cartel Coins, there are a number of things to check which may be causing the error you are seeing
:1.Check that your billing address registered on www.swtor.com exactly matches the address your payment provider has on record for you
2.You must be making the purchase from the same country your payment card was issued from for example if you are using a US Credit Card to buy coins from Europe, your payment may fail for this reason.
3.Double-check the card information you have provided to be sure that there are no missing or transposed numbers in your card number, CVV number or expiration date.

I hope you're just trolling us for the time being before you tell us all that BioWare is actually going to resolve this issue?.. The issue isn't my or most people's Credit/Debit card or information on the website ect... I can buy the expansion just fine, but not cartel coins. the issue is on BioWares end...
Imperial Ground Forces

nicosand
01.17.2013 , 01:00 PM | #24
^ this guys one of the lucky ones then. Because I cant buy anything on the site. Cant resub(have to buy game cards on Origin, which works fine), cant buy coins, cant buy the expansion, cant upgrade to delux edtion... Just keep getting NU2001, have been getting in for a month now. And still BW flat out REFUSES to tell us what this means. I mean come on, are you guys afraid ppl are gonna think your stupid if its a noob bug? Because I can tell you guys right now ppl already think you are pretty useless for NOT fixing it sooner, AND just tell the players WHY and WHAT's going on.

Fireborne
01.17.2013 , 01:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by nicosand View Post
... just tell the players WHY and WHAT's going on.
That wont happen at this point. They're already far too invested in their cover that it's somehow our problem and not theirs. Were they to admit it now that they're wrong and that it is their problem, they'd never stop taking flak for lying flat out to their customers and supporters. I personally think if/when they figure out the source of the problem we'll just see it stop happening and BioWare will act like it never happened.

HurricaneHarte
01.17.2013 , 01:48 PM | #26
Right.. My sub ran out and I couldn't post on forum, now using a card that does work I couldn't renew sub or cartel coins and you wouldn't let me add a different card that I wanted to use. So I used that card and bought a digital time-card on origin so the CARD works, its on your end.. Fix this and stop me getting the NU2001 error, NOW!

Lyshar
01.17.2013 , 01:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hello DeludedAussie,

While I can understand your frustration, this is simply not true. We are handling the issue to the best of our ability, but we do need your assistance in order to do so. As we replied to you in your ticket on the matter, please contact Customer Service per phone.

Thank you.

Hello xescorpion_prx,

As stated in our replies to your tickets, you do need to contact our Customer Service department per phone.

Thank you for your understanding.
I have that and called, the phone support tried to brush it off on my bank first, until I kept hammering that it wasn't and couldn't ever be. So I was moved a level higher. They too at first tried to blame it on my end, but again I kept hammering with reason and even made the steps while calling them... In the end they said it was on YOUR end and they'd move it up the ladder, which was beyond phone support.

I can now buy 60 days, but still no recurring subscription. I am guessing the recurring one is no option, which I mentioned I could understand while I called them. Yet it's still there for my preferred payment method.

In the end I made the following thread and hope it's going to be considered: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=581303
Might help if people leave (constructive) comments in there, even if they just say they don't feel interested in it buy can understand that others are, or discussing the examples I put in there..

JasonKingsman
01.17.2013 , 02:03 PM | #28
Worst customer service ever! After an hour on hold I finally was told that the simple fix was to manually delete my credit card information on their end and re-enter everything. What a joke.

Lyshar
01.17.2013 , 03:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonKingsman View Post
Worst customer service ever! After an hour on hold I finally was told that the simple fix was to manually delete my credit card information on their end and re-enter everything. What a joke.
Don't do that, can't be readded and Support on forum advises AGAINST doing that last time I checked.

Galacticlore
01.17.2013 , 05:23 PM | #30
Experiencing the same. Was able to sub around Xmas, was able to pre-order expansion, was able to buy a bunch ( a LOT bunch, not a little bunch) or cartel coins, then suddenly, poof! NU2001, and no more coins for me, since like Dec 28 I think it was. Tried adding another credit card, won't accept it. Tried yet another different credit card, won't accept it. Try using paypal, it comes up with "General error" (exact wording).

Submitted a ticket like the error says to do, got a reply that I need to phone.

Called customer service, long distance, no toll free number (because that's somehow good service???), sat on hold nearly an hour (because I need more long distance phone charges, y'know!), and got told "we can't help you, call back at 1pm EST. Called back, sat on hold half an hour, got a useless tier 1 idiot who said "I can't do anything, but I created a ticket number, give it to the next person who answers". Sat on hold for 2 HOURS!!!! before getting a very nice customer service guy who tried everything to fix the problem, even tried putting a purchase through on his end for me - which he got the same error messages - and finally determined that he has no explanation for why I cannot buy, and it definitely is not the 24-hour daily limit security thing. He forwarded my ticket up the ladder, and since then, I've heard....nothing. Still cannot buy.

I wonder if the game will even be able to stay running as f2p, when you won't even collect money from hundreds of customers, possibly thousands, who WANT to give it to you!!!! I've never heard of such an insane business plan!

I'm at the point that I'm considering demanding a refund on the expansion, and moving on to another game that actually wants business.