Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Min/maxed WH/EWH enough for TFB HM.

Aerilas
01.17.2013 , 12:31 PM | #1
Hi all.
I'm a PVP based operative healer and I am the main healer in our RWZ team.
I love the challenge that it poses to keep everybody up and maintain my energy.
Unfortunately, these kinds of matches are rare yet so full of potential to learn to heal under severe stress.

Therefore I've started looking into PvE. In my first day I did LI HM and EV HM.
These were walks in the park and I was severely dissapointed because on my shadow tank some healers seem to struggle with the fight.

The next day I got into a TFB HM. Now I've only ever done everything up until EC HM on my tank. Never anything on my healer, never TFB. I was a pug together with 2 more who joined a gulid run. This was obviously not the best group.
I had read up on the tactics and nothing more.

On the first boss we wiped a few times cuz we messed up the yellow circles combined with the blood pools quite alot. It was cleared after a few times so we moved on to the 2nd boss. The group leader had doubts about my gear since Dread Guard isnt that easy to heal. Yet after a mere 2 tries we cleared it already.

Now my question is. Do you experienced raiders find Min maxed combo of WH and EWH gear to be enough for TFB HM? As a single player or a whole team. I didn't do the other bosses cuz we decided to stop where we were. People had to go.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper) - Raelisa (Operative) - Micaiah (Sorcerer)
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ElQuesoGrande
01.17.2013 , 12:58 PM | #2
I personally won't take someone in PVP gear into TFB HM or EC NiM. The reason being your armorings are flat out HORRIBLE in PVE. You're losing a lot of main stat for that expertise. the mods and enhancements are inferior, but not by a lot. It's definitely the armorings that make it a terrible idea. The enrage timers can be tight for those who aren't in DG to begin with and if I'm bringing in someone I don't know, I"m not purposely going to bring someone in who's missing hundreds of mainstat. Could you be successful? yes, but i'm not taking that risk

Aerilas
01.17.2013 , 01:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ElQuesoGrande View Post
I personally won't take someone in PVP gear into TFB HM or EC NiM. The reason being your armorings are flat out HORRIBLE in PVE. You're losing a lot of main stat for that expertise. the mods and enhancements are inferior, but not by a lot. It's definitely the armorings that make it a terrible idea. The enrage timers can be tight for those who aren't in DG to begin with and if I'm bringing in someone I don't know, I"m not purposely going to bring someone in who's missing hundreds of mainstat. Could you be successful? yes, but i'm not taking that risk
Glad you're being honest.
1 point though.
My healing wont be a factor in enrage timers. All i do is keep people up.
Vis Fatalis
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Mavery
01.17.2013 , 01:17 PM | #4
If you healed Dread Guards, you'll be fine with the rest of the raid. It is easily the hardest fight to heal on 8-player.

Kitru
01.17.2013 , 01:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
My healing wont be a factor in enrage timers. All i do is keep people up.
First off, any healer worth their salt is going to throw in at least 1-2 attacks when they've got nothing better to do so it's not like you should *only* be keeping people up. It behooves you to actually throw out the occasional attack, especially as an Operative where you get easy access to excellent damage via Orbital Bombardment.

Secondly, unless your other healer is making up for your lesser healing capabilities, it's entirely possible that a DPS or tank could die when they otherwise wouldn't had you been in PvE gear and, as such, end up reducing raid wide DPS to such an extent that you hit said enrage timer.

While I might be willing to risk 1 highly skilled player in optimized PvP gear, I would be reluctant to do more than that. If we were planning on doing more than just the first 3 bosses (Kephess is a definite healer gear check considering all of the F/T damage), I would probably just outright say "no". Honestly, if it were a pug, I would probably say no for anything other than storymode for EC or TfB, especially if they don't know the content.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

ElQuesoGrande
01.17.2013 , 01:19 PM | #6
Completely true. TFB HM Dread Guards is definitely the biggest heal check. nonetheless even as a healer you'd be hard pressed by losing that much mainstat. In a raid with me, as a tank in full DG gear, it may not be an issue, but if you were to run a raid group with several ppl in pvp gear including tanks and heals you won't survive it in all likelihood. I recommend just doing some ec hm and getting campaign/bh stuff. if you're on jedi covenant I know my guild and a few others sell runs because we can 7 man it now, so that's a quick way to gear up

Aerilas
01.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
First off, any healer worth their salt is going to throw in at least 1-2 attacks when they've got nothing better to do so it's not like you should *only* be keeping people up. It behooves you to actually throw out the occasional attack, especially as an Operative where you get easy access to excellent damage via Orbital Bombardment.

Secondly, unless your other healer is making up for your lesser healing capabilities, it's entirely possible that a DPS or tank could die when they otherwise wouldn't had you been in PvE gear and, as such, end up reducing raid wide DPS to such an extent that you hit said enrage timer.
Ofcourse I throw in the occasional hit when everybody is topped up and when adds have to be killed, but this doesnt change the game really.

And ofcourse i know PVE geared players have more potential in stats, thats obvious. But I am very skilled in healing and did get through TFB HM dread guard.
I'm just looking to have a ground to work on when people doubt to take me on runs.
Vis Fatalis
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

ElQuesoGrande
01.17.2013 , 01:27 PM | #8
Well since you've been successful on DG I would just mention that and hopefully it's a geared enough group that they're willing to take the risk. just be sure that at first opportunity you start switching in Black Hole and Dread Guard gear to avoid hassles

shadowflit
01.17.2013 , 03:01 PM | #9
It is eminently doable to carry a single WH geared healer/dps through Asation HM. Just be clear that you are being carried.

Provided you have a good partner and are a good healer (as you say you are), Dread Guard is not a challenge to heal. One of the healers being undergeared is not a big issue, provided you both heal both tanks and don't try to divide the duties. Dread Guard only becomes a challenge when one of the healers is actually a terrible healer

Operator IX has very low healing requirements for almost all of the fight, so that should be simple as well once you get the mechanics down.

Kephess and Terror will be more interesting. Kephess throws out a lot of damage, and it's easy for a little bit of carelessness to cause a lot of raid damage. On the first phase of Terror, you will be solely responsible for keeping up your side for parts of the first phase. You'll probably be relying on your tank at that point to make up the gear difference when you're too far away for crosshealing. Second phase will be quite hard (lots of damage) but you can make it through with a good partner.
Fleur
Night's Radiance
Ajunta Pall Refugee

Aerilas
01.17.2013 , 03:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowflit View Post
It is eminently doable to carry a single WH geared healer/dps through Asation HM. Just be clear that you are being carried.

Provided you have a good partner and are a good healer (as you say you are), Dread Guard is not a challenge to heal. One of the healers being undergeared is not a big issue, provided you both heal both tanks and don't try to divide the duties. Dread Guard only becomes a challenge when one of the healers is actually a terrible healer

Operator IX has very low healing requirements for almost all of the fight, so that should be simple as well once you get the mechanics down.

Kephess and Terror will be more interesting. Kephess throws out a lot of damage, and it's easy for a little bit of carelessness to cause a lot of raid damage. On the first phase of Terror, you will be solely responsible for keeping up your side for parts of the first phase. You'll probably be relying on your tank at that point to make up the gear difference when you're too far away for crosshealing. Second phase will be quite hard (lots of damage) but you can make it through with a good partner.
lovely how you keep saying carried and reliant on. and partner.
lol.

The stats arent THAT awful, its not that far behind from campaign really.
I still throw out crits of 7.4k when lucky
Vis Fatalis
Saerali (Scoundrel)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd