Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

skiibyrd
01.17.2013 , 11:52 AM | #1
Serioiusly, do people not visit and quest on Ilum already... a planet where there already is PvP area's, and a place you can be steamrolled if your not careful? I would also like to point out, to those with concern, that Ilum had a specific and DEDICATED place for PvP area last time, it was not the whole planet, and it seems like a lot of people with concern are just freaking out for no reason.

*Get some recruit gear

*Prepare yourself for PvP (and if your playing on a PvP server, then please DO NOT complain about open world PvP, its what you chose to do)

*Practice, and play some PvP matches... it isnt brain science

People have gotten too comforable with this game, and are used to sitting on the fleet for most of their play time, a place where they are safe. If I had it my way, the fleet would be destroyed, and you would have the chance of being attacked anywhere, at anytime. If they do this right, it could really add a very important element to this game that its been lacking for almost a whole year.

Those of us who have been here since the beginning, and experienced Ilum and its open would PvP would probably agree that the issue of it being released is NOT you being attacked, its going to be if the engine can support the large scale battles, and not play at only .5 framerate, then crash your game.

itsmymillertime
01.17.2013 , 11:54 AM | #2
forcing people to do pvp in order to do pve content on a pve server is what the problem is. DUH!!!

SNCommand
01.17.2013 , 11:55 AM | #3
Don't understand the outcry myself, yes PvP might be forced unto PvE players now, but it's not like PvE is never forced upon PvP players, people shouldn't hate on the developers trying to get people to experience both parts of the game
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

dakisback
01.17.2013 , 11:55 AM | #4
Yeah it's ridiculous. Ilum IS A PVP PLANET. It has PVP objectives and valor boosts on the pvp side. If you have to go there for the new event it's to encourage PVP.

We've had 2 PVE events. It's about time we get a PVP one.
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

_Darkstar
01.17.2013 , 11:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by skiibyrd View Post
If I had it my way, the fleet would be destroyed, and you would have the chance of being attacked anywhere, at anytime. If they do this right, it could really add a very important element to this game that its been lacking for almost a whole year.
So if you had your way you would ruin this game for most of its playerbase and kill it off so that you and your friends can have a few days/weeks of fun before leaving because there is nobody around?
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

skiibyrd
01.17.2013 , 11:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
forcing people to do pvp in order to do pve content on a pve server is what the problem is. DUH!!!
its all over every planet, everywhere already!! lol, you go through numberous PvP areas through the course of leveling, so no, its not an issue.

PLUS...

Ilum missions are not required to complete your main storyline, its basically just additional story for fun, and a place to get in a couple extra dailies.

_Darkstar
01.17.2013 , 11:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Don't understand the outcry myself, yes PvP might be forced unto PvE players now, but it's not like PvE is never forced upon PvP players, people shouldn't hate on the developers trying to get people to experience both parts of the game
You knew fine well the game was mostly about PvE when you bought it, which is the difference. Also I don't think you have to kill a single mob unless you want to, so I don't see your point.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

skiibyrd
01.17.2013 , 11:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dakisback View Post
Yeah it's ridiculous. Ilum IS A PVP PLANET. It has PVP objectives and valor boosts on the pvp side. If you have to go there for the new event it's to encourage PVP.

We've had 2 PVE events. It's about time we get a PVP one.
I completely agree, I primarily play PvE, but I think a PvP event will be a lot of fun, and will make the game a little more exciting again.

Aramyth
01.17.2013 , 11:59 AM | #9
Maybe people just need to consider that it's a PVP based event (and it is, based off it's location) and not a PvE event. Just because it has a PvE boss in it, doesn't make it strictly PvE content.

Quit whining and either deal with the PvP or deal with the fact you're not going to do all the PvE content because it's actually PvP based content.

SNCommand
01.17.2013 , 12:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
You knew fine well the game was mostly about PvE when you bought it, which is the difference. Also I don't think you have to kill a single mob unless you want to, so I don't see your point.
Hey, I do PvE and PvP, I'm actually mostly a PvE player, but I fully understand that there needs to be a balance, if you're a "I only do PvE" person of course you will miss content, same as the "I only do PvP" crowd will
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.