Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

SnoggyMack
01.15.2013 , 06:50 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
even if the 15k hp tank had me a bit worried.
Tionese gear should net a tank more than 15k HP.

You sure they were a tank? And not some DPS who queued as a tank?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

DevonDs
01.15.2013 , 10:09 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
So not only do you act terrible in the FP you feel immediately taking all loot and sticking them all on ignore is the "way forward".
Can you tell me your character names and which server you are on? Just so I don't run in to you.
Please please do this so I can set you on ignore.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

LadyJezebele
01.15.2013 , 10:34 PM | #123
This is the typical elitist attitude that is just repulsive and can turn even the most seasoned gamer off from playing after a while. I've played various MMO's for quite a few years now and I've watched as groups would not even consider letting a new person into a raid/group/whatever you want to call it. They call out for "must know fights/must be geared" forgetting that you gotta do the events to get geared, you gotta do the events to know the fights. People beg for help from then general population and then complain when they get less then the elite of the elite. To that I say, to 'effing' bad. Deal with it, teach them, show them what is needed. If they lack the ability to tell you up front that they didn't know the fight then boot them. However do not ever stoop to the level of needing on a piece of gear that isn't even for your class, just because you want to get the credits for it, or to punish them. That makes you the loot ninja/ho that no one can stand and that is far worse then simply not knowing a fight. I don't care if the gear is even good for your companion, you should never need on it when someone else in the group could use it. That is the lowest of lows, and I can not help but think of how other people who might group with you think of this practice, while you might be punishing those who don't know the fights, how are those who do know the fights seeing this greed of yours in taking as much loot as you can. Shocking indeed, and I am surprised that you then defend your actions in saying that you are this wonderful leader and always look out for others. Your two posts do not paint the same picture of you.

BlueyedJedi
01.15.2013 , 10:37 PM | #124
I always announce that Im new, or this is my first run. Majority of people are nice and will explain boss fights. But there are some people that just like to make others feel inferior and instead of helping, just yell the entire fp about how Im screwing up
You see No Jesus, No Life....I see Know Jesus, Know LIfe.

ticklefist
01.15.2013 , 10:49 PM | #125
I got rank 10 social using nothing but group finder and I never once encountered a group or player I couldn't push in the right direction with words or simply put on my back and carry.

oakamp
01.16.2013 , 12:02 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueyedJedi View Post
I always announce that Im new, or this is my first run. Majority of people are nice and will explain boss fights. But there are some people that just like to make others feel inferior and instead of helping, just yell the entire fp about how Im screwing up
that is a good adult behavior,
but many qq kids in game r just manner less,
last time i saw a noob with 15k hp did hm li and said he will leave the group when he cause 1st wipe out,
that's a sick kid behavior,
so other members just kick IT immediately,
every premature ppl should stay away from an group oriented mmo;

but bw have responsibility too,
if they want the game hardcore in the endgame,
they should redesign it as hard as 1999 EQ,
u should learn everything science low level or no 1 want to group with u,
then u will NEVER, ever, touch the endgame contents.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

caveslug
01.16.2013 , 02:27 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueyedJedi View Post
Might want to try another server....

The server I play on I have never had any issues, and that's with running 3-5 a day. Biggest complaint I ever really run into is dps not following a kill order, and instead going balls to the wall on the elites in a pull. Have people screw up from time to time also, never have I seen anyone say anything negative. Everyone is like its cool or NP if they are new.

Now I have a lone 50 on harbinger, and wow after 4 HM FP I don't think I will ever go back there.
First tank was a dps shadow, with no clue of the fights.
2nd pug ended up with a shadow in gear I can't even describe, mainly sorc gear with alacrity.
3rd run was maelstrom prison(play imp on my other server) I let every one know, first time for me, tank tells me to leave the group and go watch the fights on youtube. Best part as we did the fights, he seemed to be very green at them also.
And 4th run ended up with a group of trolls,
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

caveslug
01.16.2013 , 02:28 AM | #128
double post
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

SturmUndSterne
01.16.2013 , 03:16 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by caveslug View Post
Might want to try another server....

The server I play on I have never had any issues, and that's with running 3-5 a day. Biggest complaint I ever really run into is dps not following a kill order, and instead going balls to the wall on the elites in a pull. Have people screw up from time to time also, never have I seen anyone say anything negative. Everyone is like its cool or NP if they are new.

Now I have a lone 50 on harbinger, and wow after 4 HM FP I don't think I will ever go back there.
First tank was a dps shadow, with no clue of the fights.
2nd pug ended up with a shadow in gear I can't even describe, mainly sorc gear with alacrity.
3rd run was maelstrom prison(play imp on my other server) I let every one know, first time for me, tank tells me to leave the group and go watch the fights on youtube. Best part as we did the fights, he seemed to be very green at them also.
And 4th run ended up with a group of trolls,
Look up some Phalanx members on Harbinger. We're always willing to help out new folks and make friends in the process.

<endguildrecruitmentspam>

GalaxyStrong
02.14.2013 , 07:41 PM | #130
This now going to start happening ALOT with the new repair bills.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN