Damage logs

Astreidax

Can you not view hits/misses/damage in chat other than killing blow in swtor like you can in every other mmo? I want to know what I just got hit with before i got killed by an enemy but it doesnt show it. Sorry if this question has been asked before.

No you cannot view even simple things in game like the damage done to a mob or the damage done to you by a mob.

You can log the information to your PC by enabling logging in the Preferences menu. There are also external parser programs that can show near real time combat information by reading the combat log on your machine.

In before 'combat logs cause cancer' or other non-sense about why a game driven by stats and numbers should not provide easy access to such data.

Edited by DawnAskham

No you cannot view even simple things in game like the damage done to a mob or the damage done to you by a mob.

Yes you can. If you have combat logging enabled it pops up in the chat screen, but you need to enable it in your chat settings. I created a separate tab for it. It is certainly "simple" in that form, though, it's mostly good for seeing what killed you. If you want more detailed info, my favorite option is Torpase for looking over all data and Mox for real time damage meter.