Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on cross server Q?

WalkinDead
01.16.2013 , 02:22 PM | #1
I remember last year when they launched ranked warzones they also said shortly after that they would be working on cross-server Q's. There really hasn't been anything mentioned about it since then. I was wondering if the Dev team could give us an update is this something that is still in the works, or as he been forgotten about.
Alue / Bloodletting/ Fuzzy'pickle

NwahsNirom
01.20.2013 , 02:33 PM | #2
Latest word, it seems, is there's currently no plan to work on this. Shame. We want cross serve queues for RWZ!
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
4/4 NiM EC, 10/10 HM DF&DP, 1/5 NiM TFB, 1/5 NiM DF
Prophecy of the Five | Guild Leader | International Guild

HanStyle
01.20.2013 , 02:37 PM | #3
I agree, we need cross server RWZ queues , no1 plays ranked on my server TOFN

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 02:41 PM | #4
They also said we would never have a whole raid fighting a single boss but that clearly didn't stay true. Facts change over time, which is one of the largest reasons you don't see dev replies often.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

jarjarloves
01.20.2013 , 02:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
They also said we would never have a whole raid fighting a single boss but that clearly didn't stay true. Facts change over time, which is one of the largest reasons you don't see dev replies often.
actually no they never said that

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 04:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
actually no they never said that
They did it was pre-launch. In one of the development videos.
Spoiler

jarjarloves
01.20.2013 , 04:08 PM | #7
They did it was pre-launch. In one of the development videos.
wrong again they weren't talking about the boss fights they were talking about the mobs. You are refering to the quote where they say multiple heros attacking a single enemy. This quote is one of the most missquoted and missunderstood i have ever seen.

He goes on to say "that's not very heroic, a hero fighting against multiple enemies and barely making it through the encounter" He is very clearly talking about how almost every group you fight consists of 2 or more enemies. This interview is shown while a jedi knight fights regular mobs.

so no they never said you wouldn't be fighitng one boss.

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 04:25 PM | #8
wrong again they weren't talking about the boss fights they were talking about the mobs. You are refering to the quote where they say multiple heros attacking a single enemy. This quote is one of the most missquoted and missunderstood i have ever seen.

He goes on to say "that's not very heroic, a hero fighting against multiple enemies and barely making it through the encounter" He is very clearly talking about how almost every group you fight consists of 2 or more enemies. This interview is shown while a jedi knight fights regular mobs.

so no they never said you wouldn't be fighitng one boss.
I'll have to disagree with you there. Though if you want more examples I got tons.

1.) They said before that the expansion would be free - that changed
2.) The said before that the classes are mirrored many times - through countless patches to fix the incorrect information the fact is they weren't mirrors, but similar at best. Example the agent used to have like 30 seconds less on their mez than the smuggler
3.) They said before that the CE vendor on the fleet would get content now and then - it has only ever had one real update in a year - a tauntaun that is slightly different than the one they gave free to everybody at the same time

If you want more feel free to ask.
Spoiler

jarjarloves
01.20.2013 , 04:29 PM | #9
I'll have to disagree with you there. Though if you want more examples I got tons.

1.) They said before that the expansion would be free - that changed
2.) The said before that the classes are mirrored many times - through countless patches to fix the incorrect information the fact is they weren't mirrors, but similar at best. Example the agent used to have like 30 seconds less on their mez than the smuggler
3.) They said before that the CE vendor on the fleet would get content now and then - it has only ever had one real update in a year - a tauntaun that is slightly different than the one they gave free to everybody at the same time

If you want more feel free to ask.
how does any of that have anything to do with what they said about fighting multiple enemies? or are you just trying to change the subject?

heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRC8exLv2lw

see where you were wrong?

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 04:40 PM | #10
how does any of that have anything to do with what they said about fighting multiple enemies? or are you just trying to change the subject?

heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRC8exLv2lw

see where you were wrong?
I swear only people that can't read reply to my comments, I guess it's my role in life to educate this lot.

What I said in my post:

The whole point is saying that devs will say one thing then do something completely different later on. It's something players typically get used to over time.
Spoiler