Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has inflation hit?

errant_knight
01.16.2013 , 12:46 PM | #11
The price of post 50 gear will go up as demand increases. It's to be expected. I'm surprised to hear that you can't buy very cheap speeders on all servers. There will always be high demand items that go for more, but I'm seeing lots of speeders that are in every second cartel pack going very cheaply. I'm not talking about vanity items, but pure functionality.

The price of low end gear is still too high on average, but can be obtained reasonably if one is patient or thinking ahead.

AsheraII
01.16.2013 , 12:50 PM | #12
I wonder how F2P could affect inflation though. Those players are capped at 200k/350k, so anything above that price should hardly suffer from any additional credits brought in: the amount of players capable of paying prices above that only goes up when F2Ps turn into subscribers. So, if demand increases, then that must mean the amount of subscribed players does too.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

PlasmaJohn
01.16.2013 , 01:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
I wonder how F2P could affect inflation though.
For me my philosophy was "use it or lose it". I had no intention of subscribing so anything I earned over 350k was going to be lost and I'd constantly spend it down. Making credits is dead easy if you know how to play the GTN. I just spent 290k for an armor set from the CM because I couldn't find anything else for Kira other than stripperwear or nun's habits.

LukeSaberRattler
01.16.2013 , 01:53 PM | #14
For the big ticket items orange gear, mounts, and the like the prices have dropped considerably except for the ultra armor pieces. However, the opposite seems to be true of mods. Before f2p I was buying lvl 10 mods for 1k or less not everything is close to or over 10k as more people now have cheaper moddable gear the mods themselves have increased in demand.
The Harbinger
Skabiin lvl 55 DPS Juggernaut -- Skaviin lvl 50 DPS Guardian -- Kappo lvl 55 DPS Sniper -- Verucaa'Salt lvl 47 Tank Vangaurd -- Snozzberry lvl 44 DPS Gunslinger -- Vermicious'knid lvl 45 Tank Shadow -- Viizla lvl 37 DPS Mercenary -- Okiira lvl 37 DPS Sentinel

Chiramu
01.16.2013 , 02:06 PM | #15
If you want inflation check out the Auction House in Diablo 3 :P. That's massive inflation.

Swtor isn't too bad, as long as you don't buy every cash shop item on the GTN you can do quite well.