Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Naugor
01.16.2013 , 10:43 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings everyone,

As we are still seeing confusion around the error message received when cartel coin purchases are not being processed, we have recreated the thread with all the latest information from the Cartel Coins FAQ in one place.

Why is it that some of my Cartel Coin purchases fail with an error message?

As with any online purchase, Cartel Coin purchases may fail for a variety of reasons. If you have never successfully purchased Cartel Coins, there are a number of things to check which may be causing the error you are seeing:
  1. Check that your billing address registered on www.swtor.com exactly matches the address your payment provider has on record for you
  2. You must be making the purchase from the same country your payment card was issued from – for example if you are using a US Credit Card to buy coins from Europe, your payment may fail for this reason.
  3. Double-check the card information you have provided to be sure that there are no missing or transposed numbers in your card number, CVV number or expiration date.

If you have successfully purchased coins before, and are now unable to buy more, this could be because there is a limit to the number of Cartel Coin purchases any player may make per day, if you have passed this limit, you will not be able to make more Cartel Coin purchases for 24 hours.

There may be additional restrictions in terms of transaction numbers or spending limits which are imposed by your payment provider and are beyond our control. We would always suggest that you check with your payment provider in cases where there is no clear reason for a transaction to have failed.

For those of you still experiencing issues after going through the steps above please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service by telephone:

Spoiler
Thank you.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

McLemore
01.16.2013 , 11:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Greetings everyone,

As we are still seeing confusion around the error message received when cartel coin purchases are not being processed, we have recreated the thread with all the latest information from the Cartel Coins FAQ in one place.

Why is it that some of my Cartel Coin purchases fail with an error message?

As with any online purchase, Cartel Coin purchases may fail for a variety of reasons. If you have never successfully purchased Cartel Coins, there are a number of things to check which may be causing the error you are seeing:
  1. Check that your billing address registered on www.swtor.com exactly matches the address your payment provider has on record for you
  2. You must be making the purchase from the same country your payment card was issued from for example if you are using a US Credit Card to buy coins from Europe, your payment may fail for this reason.
  3. Double-check the card information you have provided to be sure that there are no missing or transposed numbers in your card number, CVV number or expiration date.

If you have successfully purchased coins before, and are now unable to buy more, this could be because there is a limit to the number of Cartel Coin purchases any player may make per day, if you have passed this limit, you will not be able to make more Cartel Coin purchases for 24 hours.

There may be additional restrictions in terms of transaction numbers or spending limits which are imposed by your payment provider and are beyond our control. We would always suggest that you check with your payment provider in cases where there is no clear reason for a transaction to have failed.

For those of you still experiencing issues after going through the steps above please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service by telephone:

Spoiler
Thank you.
For the love of Sith this isn't why this is happening. 2000 customer posts and you just close the thread and throw it under the rug. 2000 complaints and you just close the thread a throw up the same cut and past response. Bravo. Just Bravo. The problem is on Your end not customers this time and you know it.
Bergen Colony Born and Bred

jflund
01.16.2013 , 12:43 PM | #3
That's a load of horse **** BW! The problem lies on your end, NOT OURS!

Since I got the same error message everybody else did, I removed my card and tried another (wich Works flawlessly everywhere else), but in doing so it cancelled my Subscription, and now I am unable to add another VISA/MasterCard, credit or debit, with the following error:

We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.

I have 8 days left of my sub, I am unable to renew as well as buy coins since you won't take a valid card. I even bought the expansion a week back. Serves me right for trusting BW to be "Customer Friendly" and taking this problem seriously.

So thank you BW, for nothing.

Tatumsa
01.16.2013 , 12:46 PM | #4
1. Yes
2, Yes.
3. Yes.

How many more weeks do I have to wait before I get below my daily limit? -.-

DeludedAussie
01.16.2013 , 12:48 PM | #5
Oh dear. This again... As the posts before me have said it is indeed on your end. If it was on our end, It wouldnt be happening to the ammount of people it IS happening to. the scale would simply be much smaller. Your system is flawed. once you can swallow that and accept it, only then will you actually look into the matter. I'm willing to bet a months wages that one CS person looked into the issue, Brushed it off and moved on. Blaming the customers for something that is your own fault, will only make you lose said customers...

DeludedAussie
01.16.2013 , 12:53 PM | #6
It makes me wonder, Have any of your CS Bug fixing team had ANY actual training. Reminds me of a comment i read once "I did an IT course in High school, I think that makes me more qualified than 99% of biowares CS team" - Except for Beesodd, He's a pretty could guy and is good at what he does. he alone must be that 1%^

xescorpion_prx
01.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #7
I am unable to buy more cartel coins for the past 12 days because this error
General Error
An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later.

Naugor
01.16.2013 , 01:14 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings everyone,

Quote: Originally Posted by McLemore View Post
For the love of Sith this isn't why this is happening. 2000 customer posts and you just close the thread and throw it under the rug. 2000 complaints and you just close the thread a throw up the same cut and past response. Bravo. Just Bravo. The problem is on Your end not customers this time and you know it.
Hello McLemore,

I can understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that the issue that you are experiencing now is not the same issue many were experiencing when the original thread was created. Just from checking the latest the replies, we could see that unfortunately many players had not seen our Cartel Coins FAQ, which is why recreating the thread appears to be the best way to make everyone aware.

Now as per your post from yesterday, you were able to buy cartel coins again.

So should you be running into any issues again in the future, please wait the 24 hours before trying once more. As we responded to you in your ticket, you should then contact Customer Service by phone should the issue persist.

Thank you for your understanding.

Quote: Originally Posted by jflund View Post
That's a load of horse **** BW! The problem lies on your end, NOT OURS!

Since I got the same error message everybody else did, I removed my card and tried another (wich Works flawlessly everywhere else), but in doing so it cancelled my Subscription, and now I am unable to add another VISA/MasterCard, credit or debit, with the following error:

We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.

I have 8 days left of my sub, I am unable to renew as well as buy coins since you won't take a valid card. I even bought the expansion a week back. Serves me right for trusting BW to be "Customer Friendly" and taking this problem seriously.

So thank you BW, for nothing.
Hi jflund,

As outlined above, and as per the response to your ticket, you will need to contact Customer Service per phone, they will be able to assist you with your card and future purchases.

Thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatumsa View Post
1. Yes
2, Yes.
3. Yes.

How many more weeks do I have to wait before I get below my daily limit? -.-
Hello Tatumsa,

If you have waited 24 hours already, and the issue persists, please contact Customer Service per phone as mentioned in the reply to your ticket about the issue.

Thank you.

Naugor
01.16.2013 , 01:24 PM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DeludedAussie View Post
Oh dear. This again... As the posts before me have said it is indeed on your end. If it was on our end, It wouldnt be happening to the ammount of people it IS happening to. the scale would simply be much smaller. Your system is flawed. once you can swallow that and accept it, only then will you actually look into the matter. I'm willing to bet a months wages that one CS person looked into the issue, Brushed it off and moved on. Blaming the customers for something that is your own fault, will only make you lose said customers...
Hello DeludedAussie,

While I can understand your frustration, this is simply not true. We are handling the issue to the best of our ability, but we do need your assistance in order to do so. As we replied to you in your ticket on the matter, please contact Customer Service per phone.

Thank you.

Quote: Originally Posted by xescorpion_prx View Post
I am unable to buy more cartel coins for the past 12 days because this error
General Error
An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later.
Hello xescorpion_prx,

As stated in our replies to your tickets, you do need to contact our Customer Service department per phone.

Thank you for your understanding.

Roalmo
01.16.2013 , 03:53 PM | #10
Let's see call customer service:

1. since the cartel issue reported by many, many people started, the phone service has no toll free numbers. strange result don't you think?

2. many, many peeps have reported being on-line waiting for a pick-up of the phone, listening to the same music, over and over again, for HOURS.

3. Many have reported being hung up on after their interminable wait...

4. Many have reported no help at the first level, but when referred to the next level, being told that the next level was not "in" and to call back at some ludicrous hour(to wait AGAIN).

Referral to phone customer service is a slap in the face of your customers. Tell your bosses that we aren't buying it.

We know you are just the messenger, we'd like to know the name of the sorry excuse for a manager who came up with the "blame the customers" for this horrendous service.

Have a nice day.