Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW response about addons? Please answer, BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BW response about addons? Please answer, BW

Spoletta
01.16.2013 , 10:16 AM | #11
Honestly it would be a dumb move to allows add-ons.

BW /EA: "Yo! I heard that you want to play high end operations! Go forward, but remember that you will need x, y and z external programs. Oh by the way they are fun made so we don't support them. Have fun!"

Rafaman
01.16.2013 , 10:17 AM | #12
No add ons. I'm find with third parties providing things and not as requisites.

Need a parser or realtime or otherwise? They are out there. I prefer Torparse btw.

Vlacke
01.16.2013 , 10:31 AM | #13
**** addons, it's good that they don't allow them in my opinion.
Telcontar Legacy

Akiviri
01.16.2013 , 10:33 AM | #14
The only addon I would like is a better GTN interface, and maybe an item GTN value insert for the mouseover - the rest of that crap isn't needed. They aren't really needed in WoW either if you pay attention, since most of it is already contained in the UI provided now - except, again, for the auction. Unless you're the type that likes to feel all special in lowbie dungeons that is.

Karquile
01.16.2013 , 10:45 AM | #15
Addons would be fun, but don't hold your breath. It's a religious issue (see above in thread), there's no staff for it, and the orphaned HeroEngine fork likely makes it a major headache even if they wanted to.
Welcome to the Public Test Server! / PTS Forum Guidelines
Friendly testing guilds to join: Primus (Republic) and Alpha (Empire).
Chat with other testers in-game: /cjoin Test
PTS Ventrilo server! gametest.typefrag.com port 23300

uziforyou
01.16.2013 , 11:00 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumedus View Post
As much as I would love add-ons do you really think BW could handle building and maintaining an open API without seriously lousing it all up? Call me a skeptic, but I would be amazed if this ever happens.
This is certainly a concern.

Bioware has stated many times since the games launch that they have no plans to support addons now or in the future. I've seen nothing where they've changed that stance.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."