Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

JenseitsvonBose
01.15.2013 , 06:39 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
Here's the deal: I have tried PvP. Many times, in many games. Including this one. I do not like it. I do not want to be ganked while playing a game. The point of a game is that it is an enjoyable passtime. Getting ganked a hundred times just trying to get an item a vendor is not fun. Not the first gank, not the hundredth. That's not PvP - it's JvP (Jerk versus Player)..

ETA: I realize most PvPers do not care to do this. But it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, because there are jerks in every crowd.
That's exactly what I don't understand about these arguments. The players who engage in the kind of behavior you're describing are widely regarded as scum. Maybe it's just that I'm on an RP server, but I've never heard of that sort of thing lasting for more than about half an hour before someone calls in the decency police to come take out the trash. In Begeren's top guilds, both pvp and pve, griefing other players is a gkick-able offense.

Next time something like that happens, just go to Fleet and say, "hey, I don't pvp, but I'm looking for x, and there're a bunch of a-holes camping the node and trying to exploit people. Anyone willing to group w me to go wreck some bads?" I think you'll probably find your problem solved much, much more quickly than through an endless deluge of forum posts that'll probably never even get read in the first place.

Whether or not the problem should be there in the first place, it can be solved in about ten minutes through socializing.

For LULZ: The fate of would-be gankers on Begeren
Jenseitsvonbose | Gunsmoke | Mcroyal
Shortbus - Resident Tendon Blaster - "What's a CC?"

DarthOvertone
01.15.2013 , 07:00 PM | #82
Woot! OPvP in Ilum is back! Hopefully, they re-introduce some OPvP Dailies and Weeklies in the mix of new stuff.

The new Reputation grind...err system...doesn't sound fun to me at all though. But whatever. Definitely down for the OPvP action.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Jonoku
01.15.2013 , 07:54 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Woot! OPvP in Ilum is back! Hopefully, they re-introduce some OPvP Dailies and Weeklies in the mix of new stuff.

The new Reputation grind...err system...doesn't sound fun to me at all though. But whatever. Definitely down for the OPvP action.
he didn't say that llum is back in good position for OPvP. He is asking a question, is there going to be world pvp in 1.7? Its not back in 1.7, I'm pretty sure they'd advertise OPvP is back on llum in 1.7 coming soon updates if it was going to be here. The answer is no, its not back yet, you gotta wait. All they said was Feb/March 2013=llum fix.

The event might promote OPvP(like that tatttoine rakghoul one), but that doesn't mean that llum is fixed for PvP even without the event.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

DorkTrooper
01.15.2013 , 07:57 PM | #84
I got the impression that the recurring event on Ilum might be in the open PVP area.

Even though I personally don't have interest in PVP, it sounds like a good idea for all those who do.

LogicalPremise
01.15.2013 , 08:25 PM | #85
God, you're all talking past each other.

Point A: PVP people want open, true PVP with rewards for engaging in such, in an environment that allows them to enjoy free-for-all combat.

Point B: PvE people are unhappy because a PvE objective is STUPIDLY placed by Bioware in an area of the game that auto-flags you for PVP.

Subpoint A: being autoflagged for PvP is NOT open world PvP. It is being autoflagged. Period.

Subpoint B: there are skill-less, worthless scrubs who like to gank PvE'rs forced into the auto-flagged PvP areas trying to get to the PvE objective.

Insane Troll Point A: Someone says 'lol it's fun trying to get past them u shuld try it' , completely ignoring the point that the objective shouldn't even be placed in an autoflag area AND that some people don't like PvP at all.

Making a 'new event' in an area that autoflags you for PVP is never, ever , ever a good idea. There is not a single, solitary positive aspect to it, and the designers who do it need to be fired, immediately.

You are ignoring the desires of your PVP customers who want the PVP open world experience to reward them for PVP.

You are irritating people who want to participate in a PvE event and do not wish to PVP and who are harassed by the minority of griefers who like bothering said PvE people.

You are enabling a constant friction between PvE and PvP above and beyond what you've already done, where every single solitary change to skills has been solely based on PvP issues without any regard to what that does to PvE viability. (Try getting a DoT DPS into an OP. Go ahead, I'll wait.)

If Bioware is incompetant enough to keep designing these moronic aspects , people need to directly address the issue.

Not a single solitary reason for WHY you have to go to the Outlaws Den has been put forth in the HK quest. Why make people get flagged for PVP in the first place? It's not fun for some people. You get someone who's just doing his story stuff and he gets flagged, he's in greens, he's gonna get destroyed, over and over again.
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

darklordpotter
01.16.2013 , 04:18 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post

Point A: PVP people want open, true PVP with rewards for engaging in such, in an environment that allows them to enjoy free-for-all combat.

Point B: PvE people are unhappy because a PvE objective is STUPIDLY placed by Bioware in an area of the game that auto-flags you for PVP.

Subpoint A: being autoflagged for PvP is NOT open world PvP. It is being autoflagged. Period.

Subpoint B: there are skill-less, worthless scrubs who like to gank PvE'rs forced into the auto-flagged PvP areas trying to get to the PvE objective.

Insane Troll Point A: Someone says 'lol it's fun trying to get past them u shuld try it' , completely ignoring the point that the objective shouldn't even be placed in an autoflag area AND that some people don't like PvP at all.

Making a 'new event' in an area that autoflags you for PVP is never, ever , ever a good idea. There is not a single, solitary positive aspect to it, and the designers who do it need to be fired, immediately.

You are ignoring the desires of your PVP customers who want the PVP open world experience to reward them for PVP.

You are irritating people who want to participate in a PvE event and do not wish to PVP and who are harassed by the minority of griefers who like bothering said PvE people.

You are enabling a constant friction between PvE and PvP above and beyond what you've already done, where every single solitary change to skills has been solely based on PvP issues without any regard to what that does to PvE viability. (Try getting a DoT DPS into an OP. Go ahead, I'll wait.)

If Bioware is incompetent enough to keep designing these moronic aspects , people need to directly address the issue.

Not a single solitary reason for WHY you have to go to the Outlaws Den has been put forth in the HK quest. Why make people get flagged for PVP in the first place? It's not fun for some people. You get someone who's just doing his story stuff and he gets flagged, he's in greens, he's gonna get destroyed, over and over again.
^^This oh so very much this.

kijthae
01.16.2013 , 05:27 AM | #87
World pvp is fun unless being farmed close to medcenters but open pvp in ilum is boring. I would prefer more colorful place like belsavis , nar shadda , voss.

Leovinus
01.16.2013 , 06:26 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post

If Bioware is incompetant enough to keep designing these moronic aspects , people need to directly address the issue.

I very much agree with most of what was said here, except I don't agree that the developer that keeps doing this needs to be fired. What they DO need to do is learn their lesson. This is no less than the FOURTH time they've tried to implement mandatory PvP flagging on PvE servers.

1. The existence of Outlaw's Den.
-Largely ignored
2. The rakghoul event world boss in Outlaw's Den.
-May have created some OPvP, I don't know, I got my one kill and never bothered again, as I hate, HATE pvp.
3. The HK part in Outlaw's Den.
-Still haven't done it, mostly due to the whole "in Outlaw's Den" part.
4. This new crap.

Face it developer(s). Putting PvE objectives into involuntary flagging PvP areas does little to satisfy the true PvPers, aggravates the crap out of your pure PvEers, and the only people it really makes happy are the grief based "PvPers" (for a few days or weeks, at best).

It's as though the dev responsible has a stepson who is this last type, and his wife is constantly harping on him to make the kid happy, so he keeps trying the same thing over and over again, with slightly different angles.

I've got nothing against PvPers getting something nice, but seriously, don't keep trying to draw your uninterested crowd into the mix with PvE objectives. It's like putting a pot of gold in an active battle zone.

TheNevet
01.16.2013 , 06:32 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Nyoro View Post
According to the devs of TES: online, that same engine is going to be able to handle hundreds of people in the same area, with more dynamic combat.
They're not using hero engine, they built their own custom one.

And LogicalPremise's post above is so entirely on the dot I think I'm going to go start a new thread just to quote it. That's something that belongs on the front page of a thread, the OP even. Hope you don't mind.
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS