Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hidden Skill Cap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kwich
01.15.2013 , 10:58 AM | #1
Dear CS,

I am trying it 1 more time via the US American CS as the German CS via Ireland is not answering my tickets (they either delete the content claiming it is a technical issue) or the last three tickets they just close the ticket and send me a generic email saying they will forward my ideas to the dev team which HAS NOTHING to do with the content of my ticket!

Nevertheless I kindly ...very kindly ... (and believe me after the last 4 weeks this is awesome that I can still comply to the civilized rules of communication!) ask you to give me an answer when the hidden skill cap problem will be solved and why the German CS can not delete at least unwanted mounts so I can learn the ones I bought WITH REAL MONEY from the cartel shop??

I mean....I have reached the skill caps already 5 or 6 weeks ago and since then I have collected 7 mounts and 15 pets all of which are resting in my bank account and I can not learn them due to the inability of the programmers to set the integer number for the skill levels really high or at least modify that number now!

What will happen when RotHC will launch??? Then I can not even learn new class skills when I level up??

Please explain to me why I have to be treated the way I am through your CS?! I am patient, I have been with SWTOR from phase 3 onwards of the early access and have been a faithful (other say stupid) PAYING customer since then.

You want people like me that truly earned the titel FOUNDER to cancel their subs?? Is that the plan? Because this is the only way I could understand why you are refraining from communication with me.

Thank you very much for your esteemed answer.

Kwich
The only thing one has to fear is fear itself! ....... and of course standing in my way.....

Beesodd
01.15.2013 , 11:27 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Kwich,

We are aware of the issue with the skill cap and it will be fixed in a future patch.

I'm sorry that this wasn't promptly communicated to you previously.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kwich
01.15.2013 , 12:01 PM | #3
Well it was replied to me 2 patches ago ("it will be patched in a future patch") and prior to Christmas.

You say it will be handled in a future patch. What does that mean? Next patch, in 2 weeks, in 1 month, in 3 months?

Could you please just for once refrain from using "soon" or give out vague information? This is so annoying.

You could inform us of the problems your programmers are facing or whatever.....

This is like if I ask in a supermarket if tomato soup is still in storage and the guy who looks bored like hell says no it is out. Even if that is the case I as his manager would order him to go to the storage area look around and come back saying Sorry I searched for you but it is out. Would you like us to put 2-3 cans for you in reserve once it gets in again??

But who am I to ask for customer care or service. I just pay with all the other players your wages. Thats all.

Sorry my understanding for BWs CS and support has reached its end.

Have a great day.

Kwich
The only thing one has to fear is fear itself! ....... and of course standing in my way.....

DeludedAussie
01.15.2013 , 01:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Kwich,

We are aware of the issue with the skill cap and it will be fixed in a future patch.

I'm sorry that this wasn't promptly communicated to you previously.
Well, I hope its fixed before the expansion. and to be honest (Don't take this personally Beesodd, I like you ) I think all the current bugs should be fixed before the game should be expanded upon. Because what i see this expansion doing, is just adding heaps more bugs to the already current buggy game.

Beesodd
01.16.2013 , 04:31 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again,

I understand this is frustrating, but we can't give out internal details.

Fixes can be delayed from their intended deployment date due to a number of reasons, and we can't confirm something even if we're 99.99% sure it's locked in.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

JediCahlwyn
01.16.2013 , 06:54 AM | #6
Well I sure hope the Dev team can ramp up their bug fixes... it is getting beyond frustrating. Some of the bugs just should not be here, some have been since beta/launch, and a TON since 1.2 and newer. So very irritating!
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

Kwich
01.16.2013 , 10:13 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi again,

I understand this is frustrating, but we can't give out internal details.

Fixes can be delayed from their intended deployment date due to a number of reasons, and we can't confirm something even if we're 99.99% sure it's locked in.
Sure you can give out internal details. There are no public laws prohibiting you! The reason you dont is because YOU DO NOT WANT to give them out.

This is the very core problem about dealing with your customers. And it was adressed when you fired Mr. Reid and promised to change that "secrecy/soon" behaviour with your customers which unfortunately you did not.

You see us Germans with our very different legal system (we do not have punitive punishment payments) just get angry and frustrated. But in the US this is different I have heard.

And I believe that in the US that selling a good (cartel packs which people buy to a huge content because of its rare mounts and pets) for real money where the person who buys it can not use its content (like mounts and pets) due to your fault and you know about it like stated above and you still keep on ADDING new mounts and pets therefore increasing the number of players who hit the skill cap and you do not warn your customer in any way about this is considered FRAUD!??

So please at least send out an official warning through your launcher or put the sale of mounts/pets/cartell packs to a halt until the skillcap problem is fixed.

Otherwise I think you might get into big trouble if US clients of yours will sue you.

But that is just my 2 cents and as I am not a legal expert, not even on German law, I might be fundamentely wrong.

Will try now Yoga to fight my frustration I have with Bioware/EA. Maybe that helps, writing here seems to be a waste of time.

Thx anyhow for answering a second time...rarely seen =)

Have a great day.

Kwich

Bishop_Creed
01.16.2013 , 11:37 AM | #8
I also have this problem. I sent in a ticket a few days ago and it was answered that day. So the response time was excellent. Unfortunately, the only thing the agent said was we apologize for the inconvenience and they re-awarded me the item which disappeared again with no register in my abilities/vehicle tab when I activated it. I wish they would have just told me about the "hidden" abilities cap. Seems a lot of the CS agents are not up to date or on the same page with each other.

Kwich
01.16.2013 , 12:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bishop_Creed View Post
I also have this problem. I sent in a ticket a few days ago and it was answered that day. So the response time was excellent. Unfortunately, the only thing the agent said was we apologize for the inconvenience and they re-awarded me the item which disappeared again with no register in my abilities/vehicle tab when I activated it. I wish they would have just told me about the "hidden" abilities cap. Seems a lot of the CS agents are not up to date or on the same page with each other.
Even better, CS CAN delete old mounts you already know so you can learn new ones! They did it 1 time for me because I wanted to learn my throne. Which I could do after they deleted the other mount.

When I asked them to delete 20 of my old ugly mounts and reinstate the mounts as an "item" to be put on my bank so I have "skills free" to learn cool new pets and mounts I bought WITH REAL MONEY they refused this and told me to be patient! That was 5 weeks ago!

So they are just to lazy to make up for their mistake. I am not worth 20 minutes of their time to at least temper my frustration a little bit so I can learn the mounts/pets I want to have and which rest on my bank.

But well what shall I say??

All people like me who bought all the Legacy perks (they count as passive skills!) and are mounts/pet collectors have this problem.

BR,

Kwich

Kwich
01.19.2013 , 03:10 AM | #10
Bumped....to warn everyone out there! BW is not doing it so someone has to!

Have fun,

Kwich