Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Merc Powershot

Instapeace's Avatar


Instapeace
01.09.2013 , 08:31 AM | #1
So I've been pvping alot as a merc pyro, and even though I get destroyed if I have a jug, pt, or marader and their counterparts in my face, I usually manage ok on damage or more each match.

The problem I'm seeing is that to get my railshot off cooldown is to use powershot over and over if unload doesn't do that job. The cast times for powershot is what's killing the merc in pvp. If its warm up time were toned down to 1 second or .5 seconds that would help out tremendously. When I have to stand still to cast unload and powershot to get railshot off cooldown is when I die. I'm sure that's how it is with the majority.

Tone down the warmup timer on powershot from 2 seconds to 1 second or better yet .5 seconds and I'm a happy merc pyro.

bahdasz's Avatar


bahdasz
01.12.2013 , 03:16 PM | #2
Or.... don't be overdependent on one ability. Merc pyros have really good damage ability all around, your every other shot doesn't have to be a railshot, learn to vary your attacks and you'll do fine. Save that railshot for the kill shot, not the every shot.

Instapeace's Avatar


Instapeace
01.13.2013 , 12:49 AM | #3
No sir. If your objective is to single target dps, then you should be using railshot anytime it's available. Standing still for too long to cast unload and powershot is why merc pyro is getting face owned by point blank classes/specs... End of story.

IIscameronII's Avatar


IIscameronII
01.13.2013 , 12:59 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Instapeace View Post
Tone down the warmup timer on powershot from 2 seconds to 1 second or better yet .5 seconds and I'm a happy merc pyro.
Or you could just get the ability that every merc pt should have that reduces the activation of powershot by 0.5 seconds

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.13.2013 , 06:17 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Instapeace View Post
No sir. If your objective is to single target dps, then you should be using railshot anytime it's available. Standing still for too long to cast unload and powershot is why merc pyro is getting face owned by point blank classes/specs... End of story.
Yes, you said it yourself.

The reason why arsenal gets bummed more is because without casting they are as weak as a kitten.

Get the dust off your rocket punch, explosive dart, thermal detonator and use your electro dart, concussion missile (power surge a good combo) and jet boost creatively.

Pyro also has the least amusing default attack to get hit by especially if you boost it with a proc internal relic, you can be stripping off 1khp/s for free up to 30m away.

Mercs have a hugely flawed hand in pvp atm but its not as bad as you say it is, railshot procs that kill you are not worth going for.


Or if this is just another "merc sucks in pvp, here's the changes I'd like which have been mentioned many many many times before thread" then you've not been in the merc forums for long.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Holinyx's Avatar


Holinyx
01.13.2013 , 03:40 PM | #6
about the only time i ever use powershot is when tracer missle has been disabled for a few seconds. both have the same cast time with roughly the same damage, but tracer missle puts the heat signature on the mob, so TM is still superior to powershot.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

IIscameronII's Avatar


IIscameronII
01.14.2013 , 12:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
about the only time i ever use powershot is when tracer missle has been disabled for a few seconds. both have the same cast time with roughly the same damage, but tracer missle puts the heat signature on the mob, so TM is still superior to powershot.
what are you talking about? are you making up your own little conversation? no one said a thing about tracer missles, this is a thread about merc pyrotech where you're supposd to use power shots

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
01.14.2013 , 07:05 PM | #8
I never use Powershot as a Merc Pyro. Well "never" may be a slight exaggeration. Let's put it this way - in all my 800k matches, I've never used it. I would use it in PvE ops runs.

iDraxter's Avatar


iDraxter
01.15.2013 , 11:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
about the only time i ever use powershot is when tracer missle has been disabled for a few seconds. both have the same cast time with roughly the same damage, but tracer missle puts the heat signature on the mob, so TM is still superior to powershot.
biggest problem I see when killing arsenal specs is that they keep standing still when tracer missile got interrupted....seriously that's ur queue get on the move use rocketpunch, electrodart or jet boost and use exlposive dart and railshot while relocating DON'T TIE URSELF TO THE GROUND TRYING TO POWERSHOT lol...never use powershot as arsenal in pvp EVER
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.15.2013 , 05:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
biggest problem I see when killing arsenal specs is that they keep standing still when tracer missile got interrupted....seriously that's ur queue get on the move use rocketpunch, electrodart or jet boost and use exlposive dart and railshot while relocating DON'T TIE URSELF TO THE GROUND TRYING TO POWERSHOT lol...never use powershot as arsenal in pvp EVER
Shadow/Assassin pops their glowy shield = your tracer and HSM hits for 0

Powershot, Unload and Railshot will hit (still have their ranged defences to beat)
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN