Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Malthuras
01.13.2013 , 10:39 PM | #1981
How dare you not be on the first page post.

Bioware, our complaining will NOT go away. This stupid EA billing system is killing your business.
I don't care who you are, I don't care what your story is. Give me a name, pay more than they do, and they will die. You can try and escape, but you'll never run far enough. I WILL find you

TheKingsVillian
01.14.2013 , 12:49 AM | #1982
Can we please get a real update on the situation this thread , its been two months.

At least a warning should be put on the cartel market (NOT YOUR FAQ,some people wouldn't even bother with the forums.) that you guys implemented a system based on a certain number of purchases locking your account making it unable to purchase ANYTHING.

Bioware or EA you need to understand this is KILLING your game.

JayIre
01.14.2013 , 03:09 AM | #1983
I submitted another ticket for this problem and got this generic response directing me to call customer service....which as we all know accomplishes nothing. They closed my ticket without actually doing anything as usual.

"Thank you for submitting an Account or Billing enquiry via our web portal.

In order to better protect your account, all Billing, Subscription and Account Security issues are dealt with via our Customer Service telephone support."

EDIT: Just got off phone with customer service after a lengthy wait in queue.....they removed my credit card info and re-added it....(something I already did) and it worked. I was told because I made too many transactions in a short amount of time that my account was locked. Odd, you would think they would make it so they could get as much money as possible from poor saps like me. At least I have my ability to buy coins again so I am happy.

PrototypeAI
01.14.2013 , 10:45 AM | #1984
I'll throw my hat in here too.

Originally a free to play player, became a subscriber after a week or less ( back in last December, maybe November?) . Bought the expansion, and loads of cartel coins my first few days in. I am really enjoying the game, well I was... seems three days ago I was locked out of spending for cartel coins. I have absolutely no idea why either... I bought maybe one or two 39.99 coin packs a month.

I live abroad am can not be around during the hours staffed at EA CS to make a phone call about this, I've tried email but have yet to get a response at all. What gives? If anyone has any advice for an expat living abroad I'm all ears... how do I get this sorted? I just want to make certain my sub is alright, and I'd like to get some more coins to bolster my alts mounts and pets archive.

Thanks in advance all!

Merovee
01.14.2013 , 08:40 PM | #1985
The lack of consistency with their CS group is terribly frustrating. I've been on the phone now with them a couple times and their resolution for my problem is 'Please send us a photo ID and then wait 24-48 hours.' Then there are posts here where they simply deleted the card info out of their database and folks went back right back to happily spending their hard earned dollars.

After my ticket was 'escalated' I straight up asked if it'd be possible to delete my info so I could re-enter it, as that seemed to be a workable solution from what I'd read here on their forums. I was told that no, I'd have to send my ID in no matter what until the issue was resolved globally. Which currently, they were not able to provide a timeline for.

After the failures of their in-game support, their telephone support and their email support(I've an email that has not be responded to now for over 48 hours) I'm to the point where I'm about to throw my hands in the air and be done. Maintaining a customer service relationship with someone who as been subscribed since release apparently isn't high on their list of priorties. So be it. I'll choose to spend my entertainment dollars elsewhere.

Muljo_Stpho
01.15.2013 , 03:30 AM | #1986
I had posted earlier in this thread.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1950

About a day after making that post I posted that same information plus a copy of the information shown on the card's site showing the extra charges on the card, and I asked if I could expect to see those charges come off the card at some point or if they could just accept those charges as payment for $5 in cartel coins and add those to my account... They closed the ticket yesterday and instead of posting any sort of reply to it they just blanked out the entire message.

So... yeah... That's how I spent $25 on $20 worth of cartel coins, I guess. (Not to mention the $4 activation fee on the prepaid card. Apparently trying to be more careful with your online spending can get kind of pricey.)

satatum
01.15.2013 , 06:47 AM | #1987
Quote: Originally Posted by JayIre View Post
....if you happen to be unfortunate like me when your sub is up they won't be able to charge your card for that either. I had to go buy a game time card.
I have a couple of weeks to go before that happens. I wonder how long any locks (from another post) stay on your card?

Turshek
01.15.2013 , 07:38 AM | #1988
Quote: Originally Posted by satatum View Post
I have a couple of weeks to go before that happens. I wonder how long any locks (from another post) stay on your card?
Forever

La_Trix
01.15.2013 , 01:41 PM | #1989
Right, so I login for my daily disappointment, and try to buy cartel coins.

I wasn't even paying attention to what i was doing, really, just going through the missions.

Imagine my surprise, when my order actually went through! I was shocked when the coins were applied to my account. I was thrilled. Just to make sure some mistake hadn't happened, I tried to buy more. The smallest amount possible.

Quote:
Youve experienced error code NU2001. This means there was either a problem processing your billing information or the transaction. If you continue to see this error please contact EA Help via the game-specific HELP link for assistance.
What? It was a matter of seconds, people. Why?
Beer and Pie since 2003.

nkarabats
01.15.2013 , 02:55 PM | #1990
Quote: Originally Posted by La_Trix View Post
Right, so I login for my daily disappointment, and try to buy cartel coins.

I wasn't even paying attention to what i was doing, really, just going through the missions.

Imagine my surprise, when my order actually went through! I was shocked when the coins were applied to my account. I was thrilled. Just to make sure some mistake hadn't happened, I tried to buy more. The smallest amount possible.

What? It was a matter of seconds, people. Why?
same here. its like playing roulette with their system.
Medically Retired Sith Warrior