Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: the Smuggler and the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: the Smuggler and the Sith?

Obianon's Avatar


Obianon
01.13.2013 , 10:10 PM | #1
So, I'm excited for the new Rise of the Hutt Cartel "expansion," but was particularly interested with the new artwork that is prominently displayed on the website now, showing a woman (who I presume to be a Smuggler) and a pureblood Sith. While its possible BW just put a couple of characters up there to visually represent each faction... I'm not so sure.

So...my question is: who are these two? Has anyone heard anything from BW about them? And if they are in fact just two characters added to represent each faction....we loregeeks should definetly make something up.

Airmo's Avatar


Airmo
01.13.2013 , 10:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Obianon View Post
So, I'm excited for the new Rise of the Hutt Cartel "expansion," but was particularly interested with the new artwork that is prominently displayed on the website now, showing a woman (who I presume to be a Smuggler) and a pureblood Sith. While its possible BW just put a couple of characters up there to visually represent each faction... I'm not so sure.

So...my question is: who are these two? Has anyone heard anything from BW about them? And if they are in fact just two characters added to represent each faction....we loregeeks should definetly make something up.
Remember seeing someone ask Hall Hood the same question:

https://twitter.com/hallhood/status/288370181053480961
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

johnxtreeme's Avatar


johnxtreeme
01.14.2013 , 10:43 AM | #3
I was wondering this as well. It's a shame they're not companions, but hopefully they are interesting and at least mildly deep main NPCs.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
01.14.2013 , 01:41 PM | #4
I dare to say they might be the canon Smuggler and Sith Warrior
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Before you whine about technical issues in TOR make sure that you are not playing with an AMD card

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
01.14.2013 , 01:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
I was wondering this as well. It's a shame they're not companions, but hopefully they are interesting and at least mildly deep main NPCs.
Companions are NPCs but not all NPCs are companions. :L You never know what they have in store.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Before you whine about technical issues in TOR make sure that you are not playing with an AMD card

DAWUSS's Avatar


DAWUSS
01.14.2013 , 01:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I dare to say they might be the canon Smuggler and Sith Warrior
And then come canon decisions....

DarthVitrial's Avatar


DarthVitrial
01.14.2013 , 02:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
And then come canon decisions....

Doubt it...especially since the SWTOR Encyclopedia kinda implies the Smuggler is male. (I think it was on page 120....the entry for the Voidwolf refers to the Smuggler as "he".)

ganondorq's Avatar


ganondorq
01.15.2013 , 07:12 AM | #8
won't respond to any hate at this, but...

what if they're the sgr npcs?

DAWUSS's Avatar


DAWUSS
01.15.2013 , 09:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
Doubt it...especially since the SWTOR Encyclopedia kinda implies the Smuggler is male. (I think it was on page 120....the entry for the Voidwolf refers to the Smuggler as "he".)
This is Star Wars - everything has a canon set after a while. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the canon Jedi Knight was a Human male who married Kira and made every lightside decision.

_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
01.15.2013 , 09:37 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
This is Star Wars - everything has a canon set after a while. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the canon Jedi Knight was a Human male who married Kira and made every lightside decision.
no please no,no canon,it would totally destroy my light sided sith head canon.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50