Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Error (5)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ShadowNessej
01.13.2013 , 08:20 PM | #1
I made another post (which i apologize for having to do) as it seems to me customer support stops responding after the first page or so of a thread. anyways, heres the run-down of my situation:

I will try and make my situation as organized and detailed as possible.

Problem: Upon install of the new patch, i will get an error stating the Install Failed. This will occur roughly 10% into the install part of the update, whereas the download goes fine. At this point i run the Repair. I will now post the dates and solutions ive attempted. The Repair Scan goes fine however, roughly 1/6th of the way into the actual Repair (Where it says, 'Repairing 9 File(s)') it will go very slowly.

1/9/13 - Problem Surfaces
- Ran Repair in the evening and went to sleep.

1/10/13 - Continuation
- Woke up and checked my computer to find it, once again, stating 'Install Failed'
- Ran another Repair which ran all day, resulting in the same thing.
- Redownloaded SWTOR_Setup.exe
- Began another Repair attempt in the evening and went to sleep.

1/11/13 - More Continuation
- Woke up and checked my computer. The Repair froze and did not do anything
- Re-attempted Patch Install incase it actually did Repair last night, but the Error remains.
- Last but not least, while typing the rest of this up i ran FixLauncher.exe, the error remains.

Some information on my PC:
- Windows Vista Home Premium
(Old, i know, but has had no real issues with SWTOR in the past.)
- Contains 4GB of Ram
(Also not impressive but my performance is not an issue.)

EDIT: My Patch Log:

Spoiler
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

OwenBrooks
01.13.2013 , 08:33 PM | #2
Your last thread was on friday, they are not normally here over the weekend should be online soon though.

Give me a min will post some things for you to try while you wait for CS.

ShadowNessej
01.13.2013 , 08:49 PM | #3
Alright, you're the person who gave me some things to try in the last thread, thanks for taking the time to help me out, i appreciate it.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

OwenBrooks
01.13.2013 , 08:54 PM | #4
Ok getting the below on a sfc /scannow is not good, it indicates corruption in the windows install.

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
Details are included in the CBS.log I went and found this file but am unable to open it.

You did say chkdsk also picked up errors in the file system

Now your launcher log is also indicating corruption.

When you said you did a reformat was this the system drive or a 2nd hard drive you use ?

2 things I would recommend,

First is to test your memory using this link should explain how to do it
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...memory-problem

2nd is to boot into safe mode with networking explained in the below link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...r-in-safe-mode

then do the below
Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, navigate to the main game directory and delete the following files:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

If they dont exist move to the next line

You will not be able to play the game in safe mode but the laucher should start and patch just fine.

ShadowNessej
01.13.2013 , 08:58 PM | #5
I will try and do the first two things. However the third suggestion i've actually looked for and i have no patch folder. i found some patch files in the ones you want me to delete and deleted them then tried, but that didnt work.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 07:01 PM | #6
I've tried running the patch in Safe Mode w/ Networking but the problem remains, unfortunately. Just a reminder to Customer Support i've posted my Patcher Log if they could take a look and find the issue.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

Beruthien
01.14.2013 , 07:11 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ShadowNessej,

Could you please try moving the installation of the game to a different directory (for example C:\Users\%USERNAME%) instead of the current location or try the patching process from a new Windows user completely? This issue could be caused by a an issue with the hard drive and moving the game files to a different location may help with the issue.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 09:48 PM | #8
Alright i just finished trying this and it did not work, as usual.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din

OwenBrooks
01.14.2013 , 10:07 PM | #9
Have you tried running in safe mode with networking ? and running the memory test ? just want to confirm.

ShadowNessej
01.14.2013 , 10:11 PM | #10
I have tried and it did not work.
Kaanth
Clan Epsis
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din