Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Next two playable races

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Souvarr's Avatar


Souvarr
05.20.2012 , 03:01 PM | #11
For the Republic, Rodian, Cathar and Togurate. Republic are hurting we need three races to help. Roodian then later can become neutral. As for who want to be a Rodian, me, and they can speak Basic. Also their all over the Republic, you encounter Rodian Troopers, Smugglers, and SIS agents.

Khalidahm's Avatar


Khalidahm
01.14.2013 , 02:08 PM | #12
Me Id like to play as a Kel-Dor and Selkath, 1 because the voice would be interesting but as a must selkath shouldnt speak basic or at least use somesort of tech that translates into basic. I would love to play as Selkath inquisitor and a Keldor Trooper or Bounty hunter and maybe a Sith warrior. 1 more just for the fun of it a Jawa inquisitor or Jawa jedi knight it would be hillarious its as close as you would get to yoda and be even funnier to see a jawa kick a sith back side with 2 sabers or fry a bunch of troopers while wielding a double bladed saber.

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.14.2013 , 02:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalidahm View Post
Me Id like to play as a Kel-Dor and Selkath, 1 because the voice would be interesting but as a must selkath shouldnt speak basic or at least use somesort of tech that translates into basic. I would love to play as Selkath inquisitor and a Keldor Trooper or Bounty hunter and maybe a Sith warrior. 1 more just for the fun of it a Jawa inquisitor or Jawa jedi knight it would be hillarious its as close as you would get to yoda and be even funnier to see a jawa kick a sith back side with 2 sabers or fry a bunch of troopers while wielding a double bladed saber.
Unfortunately if they made Selkath as Playable, then they will be speaking Basic as all Playable Species must be able to speak Basic.

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
01.14.2013 , 02:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Unfortunately if they made Selkath as Playable, then they will be speaking Basic as all Playable Species must be able to speak Basic.
This sounds like an assumption as I've never seen a dev say that. It would actually be somewhat easier to use 4 or 5 already recorded Selath phrases and make the player read. Also what I've always thought they should do for non-basic speaking races is give a toggle as to whether that toons speaks basic or speaks their native language (I'd like them to reverse this for some current races, Twliek for example).

That's all assuming we ever get a non-basic race, which is a giant if right now.

dpwms's Avatar


dpwms
01.14.2013 , 02:32 PM | #15
Whatever those Yoda things are called, and Billy D. Williams.

Khalidahm's Avatar


Khalidahm
01.14.2013 , 05:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
This sounds like an assumption as I've never seen a dev say that. It would actually be somewhat easier to use 4 or 5 already recorded Selath phrases and make the player read. Also what I've always thought they should do for non-basic speaking races is give a toggle as to whether that toons speaks basic or speaks their native language (I'd like them to reverse this for some current races, Twliek for example).

That's all assuming we ever get a non-basic race, which is a giant if right now.
From what I know of twilek language it involves alot of lekku manipulation. Easiest would be Huttese, Id like to here the bounty hunter use more Mando'a pharses mixed in with English same with mixing abit of Zabraki or Chiss if your playing as one of them. If they were to implement using Huttese or Selkatha as a main language for a character maybe add afew more pre-recored voiced sentences cause Huttese gets reused alot in one convo.

DamionSchubert's Avatar


DamionSchubert
01.14.2013 , 05:27 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
This sounds like an assumption as I've never seen a dev say that. It would actually be somewhat easier to use 4 or 5 already recorded Selath phrases and make the player read. Also what I've always thought they should do for non-basic speaking races is give a toggle as to whether that toons speaks basic or speaks their native language (I'd like them to reverse this for some current races, Twliek for example).

That's all assuming we ever get a non-basic race, which is a giant if right now.
We probably would never make a non-English speaking player race. I know it seems attractive, but simply put, hearing alien for way too long drives you crazy. An early build of the game had Tython populated by a race other than Twi'leks, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.
SWTOR Lead Designer

Diefenbaker's Avatar


Diefenbaker
01.14.2013 , 05:29 PM | #18
I wish the people who constantly demand wookiees, would spell wookiee right.
ďA man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunitionĒ

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
01.14.2013 , 05:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Diefenbaker View Post
I wish the people who constantly demand wookiees, would spell wookiee right.
What's wrong with how I spell wookys?
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) KÚn (Guardian) Krýll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xiűn (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Satelle's Avatar


Satelle
01.14.2013 , 05:50 PM | #20
Togruta and Voss please. Best choices so far.