Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

When do Commando actually become a DPS class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
When do Commando actually become a DPS class?
 

Keypek's Avatar


Keypek
01.14.2013 , 10:01 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
In PvP?

Bull.
Yeah agree with the above guy. Gonna need current screenshots of that to believe it that aren't from the early days of relic buffing in pvp. I wouldn't even believe a 7k HiB on an assault vanguard unless the other guy is in green pve gear and the VG is in all EWH.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
01.14.2013 , 10:27 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
Yeah agree with the above guy. Gonna need current screenshots of that to believe it that aren't from the early days of relic buffing in pvp. I wouldn't even believe a 7k HiB on an assault vanguard unless the other guy is in green pve gear and the VG is in all EWH.
And not even then.

I'm in full EWH and those numbers are so far inflated from reality that they can be nothing but the product of imagination. Even in our wildest days, we weren't putting out 5-6k grav rounds. The demo rounds sure before they got patched - but that was an eon ago. And the 6.7k Hight impact bolts? No. Not even vanguards do that.

He's living in a fantasy land. Post like his don't help when we're looking for fixes based on reality.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Furiel's Avatar


Furiel
01.14.2013 , 10:43 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
And not even then.

I'm in full EWH and those numbers are so far inflated from reality that they can be nothing but the product of imagination. Even in our wildest days, we weren't putting out 5-6k grav rounds. The demo rounds sure before they got patched - but that was an eon ago. And the 6.7k Hight impact bolts? No. Not even vanguards do that.

He's living in a fantasy land. Post like his don't help when we're looking for fixes based on reality.
That might have been possible around launch, if you were 50 in full BM gear, hitting a level 10 in greens, who had multiple armor debuffs on him while they still stacked. But today, yeah, screenshots and logs or it didn't happen.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
01.14.2013 , 03:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
my pre crit gav round hits 2.5-3k when it crits its 5-6k. demo round crits for 7k Hib crits 6.7k plus sticky crits 4.5k add full auto per tick crits 3.8k. juggs usally have their highest crits on smash which is on the same cd as demo round and Hib. commnados are strong on single target with range while jugg are good at melee range with tight groups of people. your comparing totally different gearing together as one, thoose videos don't show that those juggs/ guardian are maxing out their gear while im willing to bet those commandos arn't if they crit on gav round for only 3k.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Also your numbers don't add up. No way you have enough power to get crits of 5k out of grav round but only 3.8k per tick crit out of Full Auto.

In PVE my Full Auto ticks for about 3.8 to 4k normally. Obviously higher with relic/adrenal/inspiration. But my Demo Rounds are hitting right on 6k and my HiB are hitting from around 4800 to 5100 (all these are criticals). My Demos crit for around 3300.

So your numbers just don't add up at all. I wouldn't believe 5k Grav rounds from anyone. No way dude. Not enough power in the stat budget. Definitely not in PVP.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Azdraik's Avatar


Azdraik
01.24.2013 , 03:04 PM | #25
Even in PVE you will not see 7k HIB hits.

Amebia's Avatar


Amebia
02.01.2013 , 04:53 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
my pre crit gav round hits 2.5-3k when it crits its 5-6k. demo round crits for 7k Hib crits 6.7k plus sticky crits 4.5k add full auto per tick crits 3.8k. juggs usally have their highest crits on smash which is on the same cd as demo round and Hib. commnados are strong on single target with range while jugg are good at melee range with tight groups of people. your comparing totally different gearing together as one, thoose videos don't show that those juggs/ guardian are maxing out their gear while im willing to bet those commandos arn't if they crit on gav round for only 3k.
What the hell?

raptorcrewchief's Avatar


raptorcrewchief
02.04.2013 , 09:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
It certainly isnt 50. Been watching PvP videos to decide whether to go Commando or Vanguard. Also for lolz watched a Jugg/Guardian video. They are hitting for 6-7k crits on an attack thats instant. Snipers/GS also seem to get some sick crits as well. Then every Commando video I watch Grav round hardly tickles anyone. Most crits are around 2500 with the rare 3K and has a cast time. So if not at level 50 when do they become an actual DPS class?
Well I usually just shoot off a couple grav rounds rather than 3 to save on ammo and time. I usually pop off FA and that hits for about 3500 each hit. Then followed by HiB which hits for around 4k and DR which hits between 4.5k and 5k. I can get some nasty numbers out there being a commando. I get bigger numbers with gunnery than I do with Assault.

Redcorn's Avatar


Redcorn
03.22.2013 , 11:55 AM | #28
I cannot equal a good vanguard DPS in gunny or assault in PVP or PVE. I have been waiting for an adjustment since the first nerfbat. As it stands I am stuck. I have reached as far as I can reach. Time to reroll. Maybe 2.0 will change the landscape, but I do not see it happening. As it is all the commando talk is about assault...not heals and not gunny.,

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.26.2013 , 12:53 PM | #29
They just announced gunnery changes. Also how haven't you already rerolled by now?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

MarkXXIV's Avatar


MarkXXIV
03.31.2013 , 09:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
They just announced gunnery changes. Also how haven't you already rerolled by now?
Lol this is just as depressing as the mercenary forum. I am saving my last level 50 for commando but judging by how old some of these threads are, I might not ever make one...