Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When do Commando actually become a DPS class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper > Commando
When do Commando actually become a DPS class?

NurseDonut
01.11.2013 , 07:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
So if not at level 50 when do they become an actual DPS class?
When spec for gunnery or arsenal they are always a DPS class. They just have a hard time getting the damage out.

And don't compare commandos to juggernaut damage. Juggs are ridiculously overpowered at the moment.

Llama-Eight
01.11.2013 , 08:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
they (meaning the actual developers and not just art leads and CS reps that do most of the developer tracker content) read all of the forums, including the ones that they don't explicitly post in.
One hopes, given the class changes, I'm not so sure...

oaceen
01.11.2013 , 09:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Smuglebunny View Post
at lvl 42.
let me stop you right there.....

and the pubs aren't better on your server, people in 50 pvp are generally a lot better than sub 50 regardless of faction

Kerensk
01.12.2013 , 07:08 PM | #14
Commando does great DPS they just spread it around. Spec in Assault and it's hard not to get big DPS numbers but it all comes from DoT burning and our many AoE attacks. Cluster heavy warzones like Voidstar and Huttball can rack up some big numbers in AoE alone.

The problem is that you now have 5 enemies with 50% health focusing on you. Without an escape or a huge crit aattack you'll die, they'll heal, and your net contribution is zero . Try to team up with players that can takedown the enemies you soften up.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

ArchangelLBC
01.13.2013 , 07:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
I'm pretty sure there are specific forums they're not allowed to comment in as developers, like all of the class forums and the PvP forums. Supposedly, they (meaning the actual developers and not just art leads and CS reps that do most of the developer tracker content) read all of the forums, including the ones that they don't explicitly post in.
Stockstrike root would seem to belie that assumption.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

WaldoA
01.13.2013 , 07:26 AM | #16
Commandos are like gunslingers in my opinion, if you find a good spot you can pump out serious damage.

klham
01.13.2013 , 11:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
Commandos are like gunslingers in my opinion, if you find a good spot you can pump out serious damage.
Hopefully when Commandos are fixed, maybe. But not now. Gunslingers can't be leaped to when in cover, have immunity to controlling effects on a short cooldown (Hunker Down), have an AoE knockback with root, have a single-target knock-back, and a single-target root, and instant AoE mez, and proc'd AoE damage mitigation, some decent instant attacks as well as some proc'd instant casts, and some decent utility on top of that. As things stand now Gunslingers/Snipers are the only true turret class in this game.

Kitru
01.13.2013 , 11:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
Hopefully when Commandos are fixed, maybe. But not now. Gunslingers can't be leaped to when in cover, have immunity to controlling effects on a short cooldown (Hunker Down), have an AoE knockback with root, have a single-target knock-back, and a single-target root, and instant AoE mez, and proc'd AoE damage mitigation, some decent instant attacks as well as some proc'd instant casts, and some decent utility on top of that. As things stand now Gunslingers/Snipers are the only true turret class in this game.
You forgot that they're immune to interrupts and pushback while they're in cover, so , even if you get into melee with them, they're still pretty much freecasting.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

ladwar
01.13.2013 , 04:08 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
It certainly isnt 50. Been watching PvP videos to decide whether to go Commando or Vanguard. Also for lolz watched a Jugg/Guardian video. They are hitting for 6-7k crits on an attack thats instant. Snipers/GS also seem to get some sick crits as well. Then every Commando video I watch Grav round hardly tickles anyone. Most crits are around 2500 with the rare 3K and has a cast time. So if not at level 50 when do they become an actual DPS class?
my pre crit gav round hits 2.5-3k when it crits its 5-6k. demo round crits for 7k Hib crits 6.7k plus sticky crits 4.5k add full auto per tick crits 3.8k. juggs usally have their highest crits on smash which is on the same cd as demo round and Hib. commnados are strong on single target with range while jugg are good at melee range with tight groups of people. your comparing totally different gearing together as one, thoose videos don't show that those juggs/ guardian are maxing out their gear while im willing to bet those commandos arn't if they crit on gav round for only 3k.

Jherad
01.13.2013 , 06:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
my pre crit gav round hits 2.5-3k when it crits its 5-6k. demo round crits for 7k Hib crits 6.7k
In PvP?

Bull.
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol