Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
01.13.2013 , 12:45 AM | #5201
Cataclysm in no means "tanked", but it is considered to be the worst received expansion, even by Blizzard themselves, admittedly because they spent so much time revamping the older zones that there wasn't the expected amount of content in the end game. There was also a whole lot of announced content that didn't make it into the game. But it was still a successful expansion, especially if you compare it to everything else.

Speaking of character height, if they ever made Voss playable, they'd have some really tall ladies. At least I'd hope they kept their height consistent with the NPCs.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Zandilar
01.13.2013 , 03:44 AM | #5202
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Speaking of character height, if they ever made Voss playable, they'd have some really tall ladies. At least I'd hope they kept their height consistent with the NPCs.
There's a reason why we probably won't see playable Wookies, and that's simply because every single piece of armour in the game would need an alternate texture to fit on their frames (given that legacy/cartel market allows the unlocking of every species for every class). This would go for the Voss or any other species that wouldn't fit into the four body types already in the game.

As it is, they took a short cut with Bowdaar. No armour shows on him, and the only way to change his appearance is through customisations (much like Khem Val and Broonmark). They'd never do that for PCs, though - it would be too much work.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Katano
01.13.2013 , 04:00 AM | #5203
I haven't read this thread so sorry if it has been said before but my honest opinion on the matter:

First off, romances in general should not be a main priority for fixing/adding at the moment. There are many other things that i feel would help the population more such as post-50 content, easing f2p restrictions and so on. However, i still feel that before same-sex romance is put in that same-sex romance should be "fixed"

What i mean by that is there are a few complaints that have been around since the start such as a light side Jaesa romance or using romance as a reason to turn Ashara to the darkside. Once those are taken care of then maybe same-sex romance can be looked at.

Lent_San
01.13.2013 , 05:07 AM | #5204
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Cataclysm in no means "tanked", but it is considered to be the worst received expansion, even by Blizzard themselves, admittedly because they spent so much time revamping the older zones that there wasn't the expected amount of content in the end game.
I phrased that wrong. While the expansion itself didn't tank, it managed to lose Blizz around 2 million subs and was generally poorly received by critics and players alike after it came out. That's not the way you wanna do it as a gaming company.

But this isn't really on topic. *cough*

Quote: Originally Posted by Katano View Post
I haven't read this thread so sorry if it has been said before but my honest opinion on the matter:
Maybe you should have read this thread then. What should and should not be done is out of our hands, but we can voice opinions, yes. Yours is not one that will go down well in this thread, but noted.

natashina
01.13.2013 , 05:11 AM | #5205
**pops in**

Don't see why they couldn't do it all at once. I think it would make more sense from a financial and time perspective to do all the romance content together. The flirts we're getting in Makeb I think were intended at one point to go in after SGRs, but they had those done probably pretty quickly. SGRs got delayed, so we're seeing the Makeb flirts first.

I honestly think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg and there is far more down the pike. From everything I've gathered after nearly a year of research, the game going F2P was the big monkey wrench in a lot releasing of content. We happened to be the group that was ignored the longest, but those that want this feature were certainly not the only ones that got hit by this.

I'm still around. I love the Suggestion Box thread and my goodness was there a good blog in there too. If you'll excuse me, I've got DA2 to finish. I have some ideas and thoughts about how SWTOR might handle future SGR content, but I'd like to get a couple of playthroughs in first. I've done that with DA:O; I did the SGR with Leliana and the OGR with Alistair. I'm also analyzing DA2 a bit, for their approach to SGRs.

I've noted the differences, but I'll be back when I'm done. Still love ya guys!

Also, there is a thread in the Suggestion Box that is dedicated to talking about why SGRs shouldn't be in the game yet. If you have strong feelings about this matter, please post there.

Lent_San
01.13.2013 , 05:44 AM | #5206
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

I love the Suggestion Box thread and my goodness was there a good blog in there too. If you'll excuse me, I've got DA2 to finish. I have some ideas and thoughts about how SWTOR might handle future SGR content, but I'd like to get a couple of playthroughs in first. I've done that with DA:O; I did the SGR with Leliana and the OGR with Alistair. I'm also analyzing DA2 a bit, for their approach to SGRs.
I've noted the differences, but I'll be back when I'm done. Still love ya guys!
I missed you.

I totally know what you're talking about, am half through my replay of DA-O, have started a Smuggler in SWTOR and find myself enjoying the forums and talking about SGRs too much. And I still have stuff to finish, writing-wise. I don't have enough time....

I must say I really, really, really enjoy the Smuggler more than I ever enjoyed the Consular. I love Corso and his interaction with my Captain. I do hope Corso will become available for SGR, gawd, I really would love to see that.

Zandilar
01.13.2013 , 06:08 AM | #5207
First off, romances in general should not be a main priority for fixing/adding at the moment. There are many other things that i feel would help the population more such as post-50 content, easing f2p restrictions and so on. However, i still feel that before same-sex romance is put in that same-sex romance should be "fixed"
Post 50 content is already coming with Makeb. The cap is being raised to 55. And when Makeb hits, guess what you'll be saying? "First off, romances in general should not be a main priority for fixing/adding at the moment. There are many other things that i feel would help the population more such as post-55 content, easing f2p restrictions and so on." (You'll still be asking for f2p restrictions to be eased because they're not going to be easing them any time soon, because the idea of the restrictions are to encourage people to either fork out money on the cartel market, or to subscribe to the game.)

SGR has to be addressed sooner or later (because they said it would be), it has to be ahead of some things on the priority list - if people keep pushing it to the end of that list, it'll never be added.

Also, bear in mind that Bioware has several teams working on the game at the one time. People fixing bugs are not the same people creating and implementing story based content (such as SGRAs).

Quote:
What i mean by that is there are a few complaints that have been around since the start such as a light side Jaesa romance or using romance as a reason to turn Ashara to the darkside. Once those are taken care of then maybe same-sex romance can be looked at.
And now you've just pushed them behind OGRs that already exist being tailored to your liking. My female Sith Warrior would LOVE to romance Light Side Jaesa - she's totally hot for (as well as warm, gooshy, and feeling generally romantically inclined towards) her - which they could totally add at the same time as opening her up to male Sith Warriors without it costing much more in time, money, and effort.

As for Ashara turning to the dark side... why is that a priority over SGR? Seriously.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Kioma
01.13.2013 , 06:11 AM | #5208
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
As for Ashara turning to the dark side... why is that a priority over SGR? Seriously.
Because it's something s/he wants, and SGRAs aren't.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Kioma
01.13.2013 , 06:19 AM | #5209
easing f2p restrictions and so on.
I don't think F2P restrictions should necessarily be eased up. it's a very big game with a hell of a lot of content. Letting free players see the whole lot would make subscriptions entirely pointless. The devs would run out of money very quickly and then bam, nobody's got the game to play, free or paid.

Having said that maybe the F2P restrictions COULD be less restrictive, I honestly wouldn't know as I've been subscribing from launch.

Not to put too fine a point on it but How About No. SGRAs have been a concern since well before launch. Don't try to use age of complaint as a factor that's even slightly valid because SGRAs will beat a lot of other issues based on that alone.

So once the already-extant OGRAs are tweaked in a manner that you find more pleasing 'then maybe same-sex romance can be looked at'? How damn entitled do you want to be? 'What I have must be perfect before anything even close to similar can be looked at for you, and even then it's only a maybe'?

No. That's not even close to suitable. I suggest you have a good long look at your own internal priority queue and ask yourself why it is that we aren't allowed anything, imperfect or no, before you get even more of what you already have.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Katano
01.13.2013 , 06:26 AM | #5210
Yes i should have read the thread first, but also i think my post should have been read better. What i feel as "priority" are non-romance features. I just highly doubt that adding same sex marriage over easing f2p restrictions (wether they plan it or not) and other features such as fixing open world PvP will bring in more population/money for bioware. When it comes to romance features though, i'm simply stating my opinion. So yes, it is suppose to be what i want since its my opinion lol.

Now i obviously don't have pure hard evidence, but i think its safe to say opposite gender romance is more "liked" than same-sex romance. Not being homophobic or anything but judging purely off of years of reading on forums about various games that have romance options (Mass effect, dragon age, kotor, the witcher etc) that man+woman=most wanted/liked. Therefore all though its my opinion and what i want i feel adding in the options that have been asked for since launch for opposite gender romance would in the end be better for population as i feel there are way more players out there that would not touch same-gender romance.

Again, i don't have statistics or evidence to any of this its my opinion/educated guess.

edit- You need to take a chill pill mate lol you are getting so worked up over one person's opinion simply because it dosen't agree with yours yet your crying to me about how i feel "entitled" and how i should not express everything i want and try to make some sort of deal where other people get what they want to. I play this game for personal enjoyment not to please other people. I just find it crazy that your so surprised.