Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Min/Max Question

Xeranos
01.12.2013 , 01:26 PM | #1
So when people say to get your Crit rating to 30% and Surge to 75% do they mean Ranged or Tech?
Soon the Republic's failure will be complete... and nothing will stand in the way of the New Empire. ~ Darth Malgus

Sippix
01.12.2013 , 01:49 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeranos View Post
So when people say to get your Crit rating to 30% and Surge to 75% do they mean Ranged or Tech?
I'm assuming you're talking about PVE builds with these numbers.

You want to look at your Ranged table. Tech Crit Chance will always be a little higher than Ranged crit chance for PT's because of the synergies we get for Tech ability/Flame effect crit.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

Xeranos
01.12.2013 , 01:54 PM | #3
Well actually I was looking for some direction in pvp. When I look at my character sheet and the Ranged tab, what should my accuracy, crit rating, and surge be?
Soon the Republic's failure will be complete... and nothing will stand in the way of the New Empire. ~ Darth Malgus

Sippix
01.12.2013 , 02:15 PM | #4
Well actually I was looking for some direction in pvp. When I look at my character sheet and the Ranged tab, what should my accuracy, crit rating, and surge be?
For a 4/6/31 build, your Ranged stats should look like this:
Accuracy 90%
Critical Chance ~23% (buffed with Coordination)
Critical Multiplier ~79%

The idea is, with the +15% Chance to Crit Rail Shot bonus from the Eliminator PVP set, you get a 38% (23+15) to crit. The additional synergies in the spec also boosts your Tech Crit Chance to over 30%. So FB, IM and CGC all have ~36% chance to Crit, with TD, ED and RP having ~30% chance to Crit.

That's why you stack Power and Surge, with no Crit or Acc. You should be using the +40 Power mods (WH Agile Mod 27), and the +42 Power/+54 Surge enhancements (WH Adept Enhancement 27) for EVERY PIECE OF GEAR.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

Xeranos
01.12.2013 , 02:31 PM | #5
Wow, thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

Sippix
01.12.2013 , 02:34 PM | #6
Wow, thanks for the help! I appreciate it!
No problem. I have a video guide for the 4/6/31 spec on my Youtube channel. It's the featured video, so just click the link in my signature, it puts it right up in your face.

This isn't shameless advertising, per se, but there's just so much info on this spec that I wouldn't be able to relate in a thread without typing a novel. lol
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

UncleOst
01.13.2013 , 11:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sippix View Post
No problem. I have a video guide for the 4/6/31 spec on my Youtube channel. It's the featured video, so just click the link in my signature, it puts it right up in your face.

This isn't shameless advertising, per se, but there's just so much info on this spec that I wouldn't be able to relate in a thread without typing a novel. lol
Good work.

I haven't played my pyro for months and was snooping around the pt forums today.
I might have to dust it off. I liked the blaster you had in yer vid. Which one are you using?

Sippix
01.13.2013 , 05:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by UncleOst View Post
Good work.

I haven't played my pyro for months and was snooping around the pt forums today.
I might have to dust it off. I liked the blaster you had in yer vid. Which one are you using?
It's the Black Nebula Heavy Blaster. It's an item from the Crime Lord Pack. It should go for really cheap now.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

kozzie
01.13.2013 , 10:35 PM | #9
Malkiv quit telling people my secrets XD

O'zara

Sippix
01.14.2013 , 01:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by kozzie View Post
Malkiv quit telling people my secrets XD

O'zara
[hijack thread] Damn, hey, Oz!! You been playing lately? [/hijack thread]

For everyone else - O'zara is the guy that set me straight on Pyro when I made the change from AP in early Summer of '12. Taught me pretty much everything I know about spec, gear and ability usage.
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch