Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon Under Siege final boss - hard mode

slafko
01.11.2013 , 06:55 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Lycor View Post
Hey guys,

I've seen some videos in youtube explaining the mechanics of the final boss fight. So, there are 3 guys to beat. The middle one is the commander, wich everyone says in the videos, should be the last one to take out.

I saw 1 video where the person talking said the commander should be the first to be killed. He didn't say the reason for it, but I imagine its because it's the commander who gives the order for the other 2 to attack a random group member. So by eliminating the commander first, no more orders can be given and the tank can control the other 2 as he pleases.

Am I correct or not? Opinions please.
I always ask my teams to kill the commander (middle one) first. Once he's down, the remaining two are easily controlled with threat generation. Second one to die should be the big one (initially on your right) becuase of his Heavy Pin ability.

Aside from the order of killing those three supersoldiers, group placement is very important if you want your encounter clean and manageable. That said, I ask the healers to stay close to me and the ranged to get behind the end chest. Most of them comply once I explain the general idea; which is them not pulling aggro from the adds and keeping the bosses together for easy aoe nukes. The stubborn ones get killed and learn the hard way.

JMCH
01.11.2013 , 06:59 AM | #42
Really, any order is ok, as long as you know why.

With a decent group, it's ok to aoe or focus any target first.
With a weak healer or dps, it's far better to take the big thing down first, not because of its damage output, but because it's an unbreakable CC during which the other one hits you hard. Focus on the slim soldier should be ok, too, but we should all know CC > DPS.

The "ramp" thing is just good to reset the encounter and I highly recommend NOT doing this.

I noticed operatives are immune to the big thing "pin-down" when under cover and that's ok for them to stay behind the box, but really, everyone should be whithin 15m of the tank.

Alhxor
01.11.2013 , 10:48 AM | #43
My favorite kill order is to down them all at once with AOE. Doesn't work that good for pugs of course but it is the most easy and clean way to do it with overgeared people.
Al'xor [assassin] | Kyr'amud [powertech] | Kęrsh [marauder] | Kersin [operative]
<Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy> Jung Ma

Monoth
01.11.2013 , 12:41 PM | #44
Easiest way to do the final boss is everyone stacks up on the 3 bosses and kill the commander first followed by the big guy who pins you down, by stacking up the healer just dumps his AOE heals on everyone.... You can even have range dps and your healer stand up top on the ledge above and heal and dps from there until the adds come after them, then they just drop down with the rest of the group...

It's a pretty easy fight...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

LarryRow
01.11.2013 , 02:07 PM | #45
For this encounter, what we do is dps all three bosses down to 1%. Being low hp like that gives them the Demoralized Debuff. Then the tank (making sure the commander has 5 stacks of armor debuff) takes them all out simultaneously with Guardian Slash. It really is the best, hardest hitting tank ability in the game.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

DarthWalt
01.11.2013 , 02:55 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Khayleth View Post
The hunched over rak has a move where he pins the target to the ground for a very long time and he soft enrages, increasing his damage by a significant amount, if you kill him first it just makes your healer's job a lot easier. A geared and skilled enough group could honestly kill them in any order though.

This. As a healer it sucks when he does this to you. Cause not only can you not heal yourself you cant heal anyone else as your pinned to the ground.

I am geared mostly 61 as heals and if I have a group of about the same geared then it matters very little however if they are fresh 50s and the healer is pinned you may be screwed

ladwar
01.12.2013 , 12:36 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCH View Post
I noticed operatives are immune to the big thing "pin-down" when under cover and that's ok for them to stay behind the box, but really, everyone should be whithin 15m of the tank.
false.

Swaption
01.12.2013 , 07:01 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
false.
I think he means sniper with entrench.
Kgu - Sniper | Kzg - Mercenary | K-g - Marauder

RikuvonDrake
01.12.2013 , 07:17 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Swaption View Post
I think he means sniper with entrench.
Yes we are, cover is not enough however if you used entrench, the mechanic wont work.
/A Sniper
Deposer of The Dread Masters - Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

tanktest
01.12.2013 , 10:59 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
This. As a healer it sucks when he does this to you. Cause not only can you not heal yourself you cant heal anyone else as your pinned to the ground.

I am geared mostly 61 as heals and if I have a group of about the same geared then it matters very little however if they are fresh 50s and the healer is pinned you may be screwed

IL give a tip here and really have no idea why so many want to kill the boss last . one of my guildes do it that way only because its fun to him see others pined down while we kill all but the boss but if you kill the boss first and then the others the tank can pick them up, its like when you cut of the head everything else dies , and as a healer there is a allowed work around that's fun to .. go up the ramp before the fight just the healer watch your screen for your name , once your his target if your up over head when they come after you wait long enough then jump it so much fun lol ....