Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

Irxyyy
01.09.2013 , 12:51 AM | #141
I guess nothing changed about missing codex entries during the past year? I was really annoyed that I couldn't get full codex entries on any of the planets with my agent.

Also funny how they call those missing entries "deleted", considering most of them are obviously just bugged, like an agent not getting an entry about his own ship etc.
// believing is bleeding

Swartsin
01.09.2013 , 01:51 AM | #142
Sure is annoying, a year has passed and this issue haven't been addressed at all. Have written several tickets on this issue myself, each time I got a reply.. I was asked "can you please specify all the codex you find bugged?"
And the first time, which was on March last year, as I recall.. I was told I had found a new bug.. despite the fact that several topics on this forum already existed on the issue, as well as codex guides on other sites, informed "this and that Codex in currently bugged".

Reading the 2 replies from an official in here, makes me think.. more than 6 months ago is the latest and promises a near future fix. 6 months ago!?

Every day and from every patch update, I loose confidence in this games future, as every "game fix" appears to break something else and old stuff, like these broken codex' never get any attention, despite the fact that this game try to appeal to explores as well. Heck I recall the ingame loading message "Complete a whole worlds codex and receive an exp bonus!" Just too bad nobody could ever achieve that goal, as at least 1 codex per planet was, and still is, broken.

I wonder what happens when all the new "costumers" this game try to capture, figure out that this exploring part of the game is impossible to complete? How many will loose confidence in the game, how many will quit and play something that indeed can be completed instead?

TheIronMonkey
01.09.2013 , 12:56 PM | #143
I am very disappointed as well.

I understand other work might seem more glamorous to the developers, and of course, maybe more urgent. But this reflects a "lack of quality" to the product. Lack of attention to detail. And, mostly, it seems something SOOO easy to fix. I would be willing to do some of it for free if they let me.

But then, a lot of the stuff they do reflects poorly on quality. They fix one thing, break a few others in the process. How long for companions to work right on groups? What about companions against WBs? Is the epileptic fit supposed to be that way?? Companions and elevators? Seems they either don't care, or they can't figure it out. Either way. it is bad.

Just yesterday I finished bonus round in Alderran and saw a flash of red saying "title xxxxxxxxxxxx unlocked". I went and checked, and it is (available as a title). Codex count? 0/1. ??? Oh well.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

Benets
01.09.2013 , 06:09 PM | #144
Yep, it's tottaly frustrating have a codex system, try to complete it and u simply cant. And i share the opinion, this do not look so hard to fix, at least some. I went to ord mantel, and 305 of entries there i cannot get.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Benets
01.09.2013 , 06:14 PM | #145
From DEV

Quote:
PvP
Ancient Hypergate: Defensive medals may not be properly granted to players defending pylons.
The codex entry entitled "Ancient Hypergate: Took Cover from Explosion" can be erroneously obtained.
At least can be obtained, how about other dozens of codex entries that you cannot obtain at all?
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

Beef_Cake
01.10.2013 , 04:01 PM | #146
I've obtained all of the codex entries minus the ones below:

Alderaan - Paladin of House Organa - Titles
Balmorra - Hero of Gorinth Canyon - Titles
Belsavis - Master of the Burning Way - Titles
Belsavis - HK-51 - Persons of Note
Corellia - Liberator of Corellia - Titles
Corellia - The First Son - Persons of Note (Jedi Consular only)
Denova Novare Coast - Interrupted a Capture Attempt - Achievements: PvP
Hoth - Ice Wars Veteran - Titles
Nar Shaddaa - Scourge of the Underworld - Titles
Nar Shaddaa - Shadow Hunter - Titles
Quesh - Venom Drinker - Titles
Taris - Cathar Settlers - Organizations
Taris - Mandalorian Bane - Title
Tatooine - SIS Operative - Titles
Tython - Satele Shan - Persons of Note
Voss - Ambassador of the Republic - Titles

Some of them were granted to me after submitting a ticket. But as of right now, this is all I'm missing. According to the GM, the Titles have been removed from the game can can't be issued to me, regardless if I completed the content or not. They don't exist. So there ya have it. This is on my Consular.
Nakiri - 50 Sage Healer / DPS
Crafter for the Republic - Prophecy of the Five

Mike_Bluesky
01.11.2013 , 04:55 PM | #147
I tried to get some entries from writing a ticket but I got answer that goes something like "you submitted a bug, we don't answer to bug reports, it was send to development team". To me it was more like blah, blah, middle finger.

Is there some special way to write a ticket to get these bugged entries?
The most scary thing I've read on SWTOR forum (see this for context)
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Lore is not playable content. It is fluff that you can admire and immerse yourself in for sure. Then again, so are the armor skins that are CM only.

TheIronMonkey
01.12.2013 , 11:36 AM | #148
Besides titles. species seems to be one of the most bugged type of entry. I don't see a single one on your list, so you got them all granted??? wow. Some people are definitely more stubborn than I am. :-)

Quote: Originally Posted by Beef_Cake View Post
I've obtained all of the codex entries minus the ones below:

Alderaan - Paladin of House Organa - Titles
Balmorra - Hero of Gorinth Canyon - Titles
Belsavis - Master of the Burning Way - Titles
Belsavis - HK-51 - Persons of Note
Corellia - Liberator of Corellia - Titles
Corellia - The First Son - Persons of Note (Jedi Consular only)
Denova Novare Coast - Interrupted a Capture Attempt - Achievements: PvP
Hoth - Ice Wars Veteran - Titles
Nar Shaddaa - Scourge of the Underworld - Titles
Nar Shaddaa - Shadow Hunter - Titles
Quesh - Venom Drinker - Titles
Taris - Cathar Settlers - Organizations
Taris - Mandalorian Bane - Title
Tatooine - SIS Operative - Titles
Tython - Satele Shan - Persons of Note
Voss - Ambassador of the Republic - Titles

Some of them were granted to me after submitting a ticket. But as of right now, this is all I'm missing. According to the GM, the Titles have been removed from the game can can't be issued to me, regardless if I completed the content or not. They don't exist. So there ya have it. This is on my Consular.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

Slopster
01.14.2013 , 05:15 PM | #149
Still a travesty BW. Still the biggest black eye on your game since launch, and you refuse to apply the Ribeye to it.
Slopster 55 JS / Slop 55 JK / Slew 55 SM / Sloppily 55 TR
Slather 55 SW / Slopstar 55 SI / Sludgy 55 BH / Slot 55 IA
Stay Classy
Prophecy of the Five (PVP-EST)

WolfpackAW
01.16.2013 , 06:58 AM | #150
Submitted a third ticket. Closed almost immediately. No changes to my codex. Standard response from CS Droid.
Istari-kv - 55 Sage Seer, Jedi Covenant
Durnik-kv - 55 Vanguard Tank, Jedi Covenant
Somera - 55 Combat Sentinel, Jedi Covenant
Laralanthalasa - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Jedi Covenant