Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if there were a server WITHOUT the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What if there were a server WITHOUT the cartel market?

SinRMcSinR
01.12.2013 , 12:13 AM | #51
The coolest thing I've bought from Cartel Market were my Legacy unlocks.

I really don't want to give those up.

/notSigned
The McSinR Legacy of Harbinger. Just a burned out raider turned casual, don't mind me.

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.
Founder, DDE VIP , Pre-Orderer for SWTOR and RotHC

SinRMcSinR
01.12.2013 , 12:14 AM | #52
Also...

WHY does everyone seem to hate the Cartel Market?
The McSinR Legacy of Harbinger. Just a burned out raider turned casual, don't mind me.

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.
Founder, DDE VIP , Pre-Orderer for SWTOR and RotHC

Machine-Elf
01.12.2013 , 01:20 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by SinRMcSinR View Post
The coolest thing I've bought from Cartel Market were my Legacy unlocks.

I really don't want to give those up.

/notSigned
You wouldn't be giving those up.

SithKoriandr
01.12.2013 , 01:22 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen the amount of hatred the game has gotten for the F2P transition?
The same as every other game that's gone from P2P to F2P?

VicSkimmr
01.12.2013 , 01:45 AM | #55
This is seriously the worst idea I've seen on these forums in a while, and that's truly saying something. All of those fancy things on the cartel market ARE available in game for credits right now, that's the beauty of the system. You don't have to buy gambling packs, you don't have to buy expensive armor, you can wait till someone puts it on the GTN and buy it for credits, problem solved.

I would put money on it that at least 90% of subscribers utilize the cartel market. Anyone willing to play on a server without is willfully gimping their experience. Who wants to pay millions of credits for unlocks that can be purchased for a couple of dollars?

Bioware is making a killing off their cartel market, they would never consider implementing a server that would limit their profit by design.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Asavar
01.12.2013 , 02:07 AM | #56
Most moronic idea ever.

TrillOG-
01.12.2013 , 03:04 AM | #57
Considering the subs are probably the ones spending the most this would never work, and I hope it never happens. If the f2ps arent forking out 15 bucks a month to sub they sure arent spending 20 to 40 bucks on cartel coins a month or week or more than that. Just means less subs on the main servers. I vote no.

Guancyto
01.12.2013 , 03:11 AM | #58
Having read the OP thoroughly... yes, this is a pretty terrible idea, but not for the reason that's getting thrown around in the following posts.

$25 a month for a server where everything on Cartel is free is a terrible deal... for Bioware. A person who pays that premium will buy half a billion cartel packs, all the unlocks, absolutely everything, and basically rolll in it. For a month.

In a month, they'll go "well, that was amusing," downgrade their subscription, never revisit that server, and probably spend a lot less on the Cartel Market for as long as they continue to play the game, because they had those robes/packs/unlocks, and now paying for them doesn't feel right.

Net result? $10 to Bio in exchange for spoiling a cartel customer on the service forever.

Machine-Elf
01.12.2013 , 03:29 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
Having read the OP thoroughly... yes, this is a pretty terrible idea, but not for the reason that's getting thrown around in the following posts.

$25 a month for a server where everything on Cartel is free is a terrible deal... for Bioware. A person who pays that premium will buy half a billion cartel packs, all the unlocks, absolutely everything, and basically rolll in it. For a month.

In a month, they'll go "well, that was amusing," downgrade their subscription, never revisit that server, and probably spend a lot less on the Cartel Market for as long as they continue to play the game, because they had those robes/packs/unlocks, and now paying for them doesn't feel right.

Net result? $10 to Bio in exchange for spoiling a cartel customer on the service forever.
I don't think you did read it thoroughly. Or perhaps you just misread it. There would be no cartel packs in the premium subscription server.

Machine-Elf
01.12.2013 , 03:42 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by _Bonifacius_ View Post
No just no!!! This is even worse idea than the Cartel Market. I rather get my 500-600 monthly coins that I can save to buy the expensive stuff than having to pay another $5-10 to get it for "free".
Wait, so if it's a worse idea than the Cartel Market, what is the alternative? You do realize my proposal basically just reverts the game to the state it was in prior to the introduction of the Cartel Market, right?