Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck installing main Assets 98 0%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck installing main Assets 98 0%
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthGuru
01.10.2013 , 11:34 AM | #1
Hi all,

I just logged in for the first time in 3 days, expected the patch download/update, which it started. It got to "Installing Main Assets 98," Shows the progress bar and says "0%" it will not go farther. After 15 minutes of no action, I finally cancelled it using task manager and rebooted. Restarted the PC, then restarted the launcher and it does the same thing: stuck at Installing Main Asset 98 0%.

I have tried canceling it, running fix launcher - that made it re-download the launcher, but then it went back to above stuck at 0% error.

Not sure what to do. Can I force it to do a repair with a command line option? As of now, I do not have the repair button option on the launcher since it is in mid-update. Is there some way I can just reset the game or delete the patches that it thinks it downloaded, so it can restart the process?

This is my first issue in a very long time.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My Config:
Windows 8 Pro. (not my favorite OS by a long shot, but it has been working fine until this game issue this morning. No recent Windows Updates that would conflict with the game)
Core i7 3770 (stock speeds)
8GB PC 1600 DDR3 (stock speed)
NVidia GTX570
Asus Z77 Mobo
Samsung 830 128 GB SSD for boot drive and Intel 80 GB SSD hard drive for game (plenty of space available for the game)
Cox Cable Internet 18MB (no internet issues that I can see, all surfing and such works great)
Apple Time Capsule router (No issues, no recent updates, seems to work fine)
MTFBWY

Beesodd
01.10.2013 , 11:45 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi DarthGuru,

It might help to remove and re-add the game and launcher to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions lists, as your existing software might not like the updated files, and may be blocking them as you try to install.

If this has no effect, next you can check to discount/point to a 3rd party program. Also, even when ostensibly disabled, some antiviruses will continue to interfere with programs, so this is a way to ensure their presence isn't a factor. To do so, restart the computer in Safe Mode with Networking (it's possible on 8, but a little more involved than previously.) and then try to patch up.

If it freezes again while patching, close the launcher, navigate to the game folder and delete any of the following files, if present:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then run a copy of the setup file over your existing install. You can get the file from here and it's a good idea to get a copy of this before swapping to safe mode.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Leonidax
01.10.2013 , 11:48 AM | #3
I had the same problem (I'm also on Windows 8 Pro)..

After hours or trying and reninstalling windows, only thing that worked was installing/patching game to my old laptop and then copying files to gaming cpu.

Baeyne
01.10.2013 , 04:26 PM | #4
Same issue. Stuck at 37% though. Followed the instructions below. Same again.

It might help to remove and re-add the game and launcher to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions lists, as your existing software might not like the updated files, and may be blocking them as you try to install.

If this has no effect, next you can check to discount/point to a 3rd party program. Also, even when ostensibly disabled, some antiviruses will continue to interfere with programs, so this is a way to ensure their presence isn't a factor. To do so, restart the computer in Safe Mode with Networking (it's possible on 8, but a little more involved than previously.) and then try to patch up.

If it freezes again while patching, close the launcher, navigate to the game folder and delete any of the following files, if present:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then run a copy of the setup file over your existing install. You can get the file from here and it's a good idea to get a copy of this before swapping to safe mode.

I hope this helps.
[/color][/QUOTE]

AKBippy
01.10.2013 , 10:32 PM | #5
I'm having the same issues (though I'm stuck at 41%) I have tried everything suggested above and everything I've found on other forums short of uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Here is the latest log, maybe someone can see something I'm missing.

Spoiler

DarthGuru
01.10.2013 , 11:51 PM | #6
I just got home - long day at work - and I will try the posed solutions. Though after reading some of the other's posts, I am wondering if this will really help. I am not thrilled with the idea of totally re-installing as it takes so damn long. 9I just did this on a laptop last week and it took 15 hours!?)

Anyway, I'll report back with results.

Thanks
MTFBWY

DarthGuru
01.11.2013 , 12:45 AM | #7
No luck with any of the suggested fixes. I just bit the damn bullet (or blaster bolt as he case may be uninstalled, reinstalled, and it is re-downloading the whole damn game now - just started Video Assets 1... woo-hoo, I'll get to play (hopefully) tomorrow sometime. <Sigh>
MTFBWY

goldenarmz
01.11.2013 , 08:27 AM | #8
I am/was in the same situation where it was stuck on main assets 0%. also running windows 8 as well. I right clicked the launcher and ran as administrator. It seemed to clear up the install problem. Now I am currently installing english assets ;(

RazzaP
01.12.2013 , 04:26 AM | #9
Don't know if this will work for all as i'm on windows 7 but as i started the launcher, i did so running as administrator, and instead of logging in strait away i left for a minute, it refreshed itself and then i logged in. it then came up with terms to accept etc but didn't do this before. Now its installing the assets fine so far. I noticed that the color faded on its initial launch which seemed odd but like i said as it refreshed it didn't do that again.

Hope this helps

Prabhunath
01.12.2013 , 08:46 AM | #10
I recently had the exact same problem, the patcher was stuck at installing Main Asset at 98%. This is what I did:

- Exit Swtor Laucher
- Download Installer from swtor.com
- Ran the newly-downloaded installer. Once the files were extracted, I copied the FixLauncher program from the folder, and pasted it into my original SWTOR folder (the one which had trouble installing)
- Ran newly-copied FixLauncher program
- Once completed, I ran the swtor laucher again and this time, the game patched/installed without any problems.

Edit: Also, to be safe, run the launcher as administrator, with whatever antivirus you have and firewall turned off. You can turn them back on once the game is fully patched.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!