Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Information Request: Crashing to Desktop

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Information Request: Crashing to Desktop
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 12:20 AM | #641
Just thought I would point out several things, the crash to esselles is a known issue with the hyperspace jump with some computers not handling the bloom etc , workaround alt tab out until the jump is over, or lowering your gfx right down prior may also work.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560634

Edit - one user has said the latest nvidia drivers fixed this for him
Quote: Originally Posted by Y-Yorle View Post
This actually got fixed on my end by new Nvidia drivers (310.90) that I got a a few days ago. Hope it may help others, but it mostly seems to be a driver issue.
I would also point out your graphics card does not meet min spec for the game ie minimum 256mb dedicated memory yours is showing 64mb. not sure if you can adjust the dedicated memory in the bios or not as a thought.

Edit - Ahh just saw your nvidia gtx card this wont list in the diag so if your certain it is using this card disregard my point about your intel card

Quote: Originally Posted by Ezioassasin View Post
1. The Harbinger
2. Jhorn'a
3. It only crashes when I try to do the Esseles Flashpoint
4. I can find no reason for the crash. When I get to the end of the flashpoint (when you're back on the Republic ship heading to Coruscant) it just crashes to the desktop.
5. DxDiag:
Spoiler


6. Reliability Info
Spoiler

7. It always crashes to the desktop, it doesn't take me to the server selection or character login pages.

Sentient's Avatar


Sentient
01.11.2013 , 04:43 AM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
4 months now and still no fix? what are we paying for?
Let's add an expansion to a game that crashes for everyone, charge even more money so we can deal with post implementation bugs and the crash that we didn't bother to do **** about....

Bioware needs to give this game to someone that can fix it. Maybe Disney....

I've completely rolled out a new OS with just the game on it, and it still does it.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 04:49 AM | #643
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
Let's add an expansion to a game that crashes for everyone, charge even more money so we can deal with post implementation bugs and the crash that we didn't bother to do **** about....

Bioware needs to give this game to someone that can fix it. Maybe Disney....

I've completely rolled out a new OS with just the game on it, and it still does it.
I have not a had a crash yet, most i've played in one go I think was about 18hrs

Sentient's Avatar


Sentient
01.11.2013 , 06:09 AM | #644
Well you must be happy. However, for the game to be crashing for so many people....it means they have something VERY wrong and they can't figure it out.

In the meantime, population continues to fall....

This is on par with the combat revamp fiasco that Sony tried to pull off with SWG. That was just change of the game....this is a problem.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 07:19 AM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentient View Post
Well you must be happy. However, for the game to be crashing for so many people....it means they have something VERY wrong and they can't figure it out.

In the meantime, population continues to fall....

This is on par with the combat revamp fiasco that Sony tried to pull off with SWG. That was just change of the game....this is a problem.
I gather you are on a 32bit OS have you tried the /3GB switch to see if it alleviates the crashing ?

Or are you just referencing the flashpoint crashes ? if it was the game specifically why then would a new video driver fix it for a user as mentioned above ?

Lotharofxev's Avatar


Lotharofxev
01.11.2013 , 08:37 AM | #646
I am crashing to desktop trying to enter places (Main Fleet / Main Deck) various instances (Flashpoints). I get a message "Server cannot be found" or something to that effect, then * boom * I am at desktop.

I've run repair multiple times. Problem still exists.

Problem startd post last patch.

As somebody who has played multiple MMORPGs (The Realm, EQ, DAOC, RIFT, WOW, SWTOR), the overall "bugginess" of this game is rather astonishing. I grant you the game is barely one year old, but it is barely one year old in * 2013 *.

SirMalcom's Avatar


SirMalcom
01.11.2013 , 09:43 AM | #647
I don't know why, but I had to remove itunes/apple related software from my system before the game would run.

I recently took down my system, because I couldn't figure out why it was crashing to desk top. After I reinstalled win 7, I installed the game and everything ran fine; until I installed my itunes, cloude and other apple related applications, then I was right back to crashing again.

I removed the last itunes/apple updates and the game runs great.....

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 10:27 AM | #648
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMalcom View Post
I don't know why, but I had to remove itunes/apple related software from my system before the game would run.

I recently took down my system, because I couldn't figure out why it was crashing to desk top. After I reinstalled win 7, I installed the game and everything ran fine; until I installed my itunes, cloude and other apple related applications, then I was right back to crashing again.

I removed the last itunes/apple updates and the game runs great.....
Which version is this 32bit or 64bit , interesting.

SirMalcom's Avatar


SirMalcom
01.11.2013 , 02:09 PM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Which version is this 32bit or 64bit , interesting.
it's 64

Sentient's Avatar


Sentient
01.11.2013 , 05:12 PM | #650
You can all keep guessing on what only Bioware can provide a solution for.

Myself, I am happy that my sub is running out soon. Once a great game...now...toilet fodder.

...and sorry if you don't like my negative posts. Perception is reality.

They will hear it from me until they fix their game...