Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High cpu usage and physical memory usage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
High cpu usage and physical memory usage

forcetalent
06.08.2012 , 01:22 PM | #51
Both Desktop and Laptop are running Windows 7 x64 (SP1) and patched with exactly the same windows updates thereafter. Both also running Comodo Internet Security and always run swtor in Game Mode and the game directories are also in the exclude lists for AV and Defense+ etc etc....

Basically the software levels are consistent across both machines (and using the latest available graphics card drivers)

Any suggestions or just checking to see if I'm running Windows 32bit ?

Naaruna
06.09.2012 , 04:13 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by forcetalent View Post
Both Desktop and Laptop are running Windows 7 x64 (SP1) and patched with exactly the same windows updates thereafter. Both also running Comodo Internet Security and always run swtor in Game Mode and the game directories are also in the exclude lists for AV and Defense+ etc etc....

Basically the software levels are consistent across both machines (and using the latest available graphics card drivers)

Any suggestions or just checking to see if I'm running Windows 32bit ?
I had the problem on my vista machine, but once I changed to a new comp running win 7 64 bit, ASUS machine I7 ivy bridge quad core with 16 megs of ram and an ASUS AMD video card, the problem stopped.

So I was curious.

Metalmac
06.09.2012 , 02:27 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Varilthes View Post
Just Fyi this game does not have the ability to use over 4gb of ram. Since bioware is a bunch of lazy mofos this game is still running in 32 bit mode, which is why it runs two versions of the game at once to attempt to fool the system into running it in a 64 bit mode. But of course this uses more system resources and actually slows down your pc.

Again having more than 4gb of ram will NOT be seen by swtor until a 64 bit version of the game is released.
Did you know that Bio Ware has ZERO intentions of making a 64 bit version.
This is 2012 and 98% of all computers are 64 bit yet Bio Ware wants to stick with XP 32 bit?

WANT EPIC FAIL: BIO WARE JUST GRANTED YOUR WISH!!!!

LazyWB
06.09.2012 , 04:05 PM | #54
What i find most funy is that not even one reply from a Bioware official on this problem in so many months )) jesus, why are we paying them for ?
Can't belive i came back to this dumb game RUN wile you still can !!!

vermura
01.10.2013 , 11:50 PM | #55
Necro old thread for still existing problem. After report memory leaks since BETA (i.e. before game was even released) I'm both relieved and amused that someone found a 3rd party application to actually address the issue in this game.

Just downloaded memory cleaner, sounds like exactly what's needed - *crosses fingers*

To developers, since your too incompetent to fix memory leaks yourselves, you should just license this application (or one like it) to fix the memory leaks your incapable of. God, can't believe I endured this problem for so long....
The Bastion Seraphic Nexus
My toons and their Valor Rank: Setx 100, Sety ~70, Arikall ~80, Arikal ~70, Arikill ~60, Arikrule ~70, Lolgasm ~60, Arikell ~70.
Dark Age of Camelot: Vermura - Midgaard Kay - Realm Rank 10 Healer

vermura
01.10.2013 , 11:54 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by asaper View Post
This game has a terribad memory leak, just boot the game and check the resources used, come back in 30 min and check it again, until bioware decides they want to fix serious coding issues Ive fixed this RAM usage problem by downloading a program called Memory Cleaner

www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/

and then in the options select Trim processess' working set every 5 minutes

This solves the problem until bioware decides to stop twiddling their thumbs and doing nothing
You, and the writer of this application, are ftw.
The Bastion Seraphic Nexus
My toons and their Valor Rank: Setx 100, Sety ~70, Arikall ~80, Arikal ~70, Arikill ~60, Arikrule ~70, Lolgasm ~60, Arikell ~70.
Dark Age of Camelot: Vermura - Midgaard Kay - Realm Rank 10 Healer

ckoneful
01.11.2013 , 12:07 AM | #57
Honestly, I don't recommend playing this game without at least 6 gbs of ram. There are some memory leak issues and even with 8 gbs of ram I can't play for more than a few hours with having to restart the client.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 12:44 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Honestly, I don't recommend playing this game without at least 6 gbs of ram. There are some memory leak issues and even with 8 gbs of ram I can't play for more than a few hours with having to restart the client.
This shouldn't be happening on a 64bit system, I know it doesn't happen on mine ( I gather this is what you have, as you can put as much ram as you like in 32bit systems and it still wont use over 4Gb, actual usage will always be less then 4Gb due to driver remapping for devices like video cards )

Edit - for those truely interested in memory and how it is handled between Windows OS releases including Win 8 the below link cover's it. (not wanting to start a war over PAE either with 32bit OSs like XP, MS have limited the kernal even with PAE enabled)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...78(VS.85).aspx

MonkeyTrigger
05.02.2013 , 09:55 AM | #59
Launch swtor CPU 100% for 5 sec
ingame 100%

CPU:
I7 3770K
MEMORY:
corsair 8GB
GPU:
MSI N560 (GForce GTX 560SE
Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Normal games that I play COD BO2 : CPU an GPU 40% explain please?

mardodarc
07.22.2013 , 12:06 PM | #60
I've just re-downloaded this game after about a year of not playing, stopped playing because of bad performance. I've got a better rig and it still runs poor on this one. I'm getting 100 cpu usage, I've tried all sorts of fixes but nothing works. Guess I'll just stop playing for another year and come back then see if its any better.