Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inactive guildmaster

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DSpectre
01.10.2013 , 11:37 PM | #1
Hi there!

So ive searched the help center a bit to try to find an answer to this question to no avail;

the guildmaster has been inactive/online very little (maybe 5 mins once every 3 weeks) so how do i become the new guildmaster?

I am the co-owner already, but the GM has restriced ALOT of things in the guild, so im just wondering if i could take control if he isnt playing much anymore..

Thanks
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

Beruthien
01.10.2013 , 11:45 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings DSpectre,

In some cases our in-game support is able to transfer guild leadership if the guild leader is in active, but certain criteria do apply. The best thing to do in this situation would be to submit an in-game ticket and our team will look into this for you.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Xitzay
01.10.2013 , 11:56 PM | #3
We had our GM have to go offline for a computer virus and some personal stuff. After 30 days the guild leader was transferred to the person that had been in guild the longest that had been active within the last 30 days. So that is at least one of the criteria. GM got his stuff sorted, came back, and we glady gave him back leadership of our misfits.

DSpectre
01.11.2013 , 12:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xitzay View Post
We had our GM have to go offline for a computer virus and some personal stuff. After 30 days the guild leader was transferred to the person that had been in guild the longest that had been active within the last 30 days. So that is at least one of the criteria. GM got his stuff sorted, came back, and we glady gave him back leadership of our misfits.
If the person with the most time gets it, our guild would be ruined.. There are people who should and shouldn't run it. I myself have been on at least an hour a day to check in with people and take care of anything that needs to be dealt with. There are more people online than be but that would be highly unfair if that happened...
―Revan

Alynore
01.11.2013 , 01:55 AM | #5
Because he is logging in, even if its for 5 minutes their not going to agree with you that he is inactive. There is a generic answer for this in the help section which is basically what another poster stated. When the guild leader is inactive for a period of time (I read 8 weeks) the system automatically looks for the longest active member and gives them the guild leader role.

So with what you said. (Don't take this the wrong way) Put yourself in another guild members shoes and ask. What makes you think you should be the guild leader. Just because you log in more time in a day doesn't make someone else a bad leader. And there in lies a problem with BioWare getting a ticket. Just because you want to be the guild leader, doesn't mean others dont and it wouldn't be fair for BioWare to side with anyone. So it would put BioWare in a predicament.

I might suggest you get together with a group of friends and send mail to the current guild leader with your concerns and see if they are willing to give it up, or explain their inactive status. If not, then you may want to take a group of people and go start your own guild.

ChaosCalling
01.11.2013 , 03:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Alynore View Post
Because he is logging in, even if its for 5 minutes their not going to agree with you that he is inactive. There is a generic answer for this in the help section which is basically what another poster stated. When the guild leader is inactive for a period of time (I read 8 weeks) the system automatically looks for the longest active member and gives them the guild leader role.

So with what you said. (Don't take this the wrong way) Put yourself in another guild members shoes and ask. What makes you think you should be the guild leader. Just because you log in more time in a day doesn't make someone else a bad leader. And there in lies a problem with BioWare getting a ticket. Just because you want to be the guild leader, doesn't mean others dont and it wouldn't be fair for BioWare to side with anyone. So it would put BioWare in a predicament.

I might suggest you get together with a group of friends and send mail to the current guild leader with your concerns and see if they are willing to give it up, or explain their inactive status. If not, then you may want to take a group of people and go start your own guild.
Uhm, they think they should be the replacement GM because they are the co-owner of the guild? An in game mail is a good idea though.

OP, it's not the person that spends the most time online, it's the person with the most seniority. If you co-own the guild then I'm guessing you and the GM started the guild together and that gives you seniority over the other members, since you were there before everyone else. If you are a relatively new co-owner however, the first active person that the GM subbed into the group would get the GM title if he stays gone more than 30 days. I believe it's been changed from the 60 days mentioned in the original faq.
SW:TOR has so many issues, we should get together and hire it a Psychiatrist.

DSpectre
01.11.2013 , 08:39 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosCalling View Post
Uhm, they think they should be the replacement GM because they are the co-owner of the guild? An in game mail is a good idea though.

OP, it's not the person that spends the most time online, it's the person with the most seniority. If you co-own the guild then I'm guessing you and the GM started the guild together and that gives you seniority over the other members, since you were there before everyone else. If you are a relatively new co-owner however, the first active person that the GM subbed into the group would get the GM title if he stays gone more than 30 days. I believe it's been changed from the 60 days mentioned in the original faq.
He didn't start the guild with me. I actually came into the guild two months ago when there was 17 members. Me and the gm were the only ones active. I was not a co owner at that point, but we found other people and he wiped the old inactive guild members. We got the member count over 50, (now over 120) and I legitly proved I was capable guild member by helping others out, and all that jazz (you have probably heard similar details before). So I got co owner from working my way there.

Yes there are higher ranking members that COULD, but I know they aren't as active as me... At least I think so lol.

And I actually have some other people in the guild (maybe about 19 people) who wouldn't mind me being the leader. All I'm saying is yes I am qualified, it's not like I haven't run a guild before, I have a traits for it.

I'm just saying it would be quite unfair to the guild if that person who played more gets the spot. Most of those people who are on 17 hours a day (almost seems like it...) are new people into the guild who are not really the type to run a guild (others will back me up on that in the guild).
―Revan

lewywatkins
03.30.2013 , 05:24 PM | #8
Our guildmaster has been inactive for ages and I was 1 of the 4 people who started the guild and I sent a ticked and they said they no longer assist in transferring leadership to another player and I have called customer service 5 times about it and they tell me everytime to make an on-game ticket!

goaliesean
08.21.2013 , 03:45 PM | #9
today i have written a ticket yet not had any reply from customer services on changing the guild leader back to me as my character was auto made inactive because sub ran out and had to activate it again and in that 5 minutes someone else who has not been on in 22 days was made guild leader and i would like to be remade guild leader