Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank's For Restoring My Character Bioware, BUT.......

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Thank's For Restoring My Character Bioware, BUT.......
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Egees
01.10.2013 , 09:42 PM | #1
You restored it on the wrong server. I had specificly requested that my character be restored to "The Shadowlands" And in the reply I got from my original ticket, you said you would do that. But instead you guys restored it on The Bastion.

Please fix? I've tried hitting the link for Character Transfer but it says the service in unavabliable.

Beruthien
01.10.2013 , 10:04 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Egees,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding that has occurred. From what I can see you had two characters of the same class and name on 2 different servers. I can see that our support restored the higher level character (the character on The Shadowlands was level 20) on The Bastion.

Again I apologize for the confusion, but unfortunately we cannot move the character from The Bastion to a different server, but if you wish to have the character on The Shadowlands restored as well, please submit an in-game ticket and the character will be restored as well.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Egees
01.10.2013 , 10:36 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Egees,

I am sorry for the misunderstanding that has occurred. From what I can see you had two characters of the same class and name on 2 different servers. I can see that our support restored the higher level character (the character on The Shadowlands was level 20) on The Bastion.

Again I apologize for the confusion, but unfortunately we cannot move the character from The Bastion to a different server, bu if you wish to have the character on The Shadowlands restored as well, please submit an in-game ticket and the character will be restored as well.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us i you have any further questions.

Thank you!
So you're telling me that you guys cant fix your own mistakes? For real? I specifically said that the character I wanted restored was level 50, not the level 20, so there shouldn't be any confusion there, and I also said for that level 50 to be restored on The Shadowlands, AND IN THE REPLY I GOT YOU SAID YOU COULD DO THAT! And all the time I've been waiting for my character to be restored I've spent over 10 mil on gear for him when he returns, and now all of that is useless. 10 MILLION CREDITS! You dont exactly make that in one night of SWTOR. I also find it funny how when I click on my original ticket for a Character Restoration, there is no content in it. Did you guys delete the Evidence?

You know, all of this could have been avoided and I'll tell you why I deleted my character.

I returned to the game after leaving just before 1.2 came out and I decided I wanted to make a new character. Now, at the time I wasnt a subscriber, and I was forced to deleted 3 characters so I could make 1. My last character I had left after I deleted the 3 was the level 50 that just got restored. There was some weird glitch saying I still had to delete 1 character, Even though I defiantly had room to make one. 2 character slots for non subscribers right? So, I got desperate and deleted my level 50 that we're talking about, and THEN I could finally created my new character. After a week of F2P, I decided I wanted to subscribe. I started to play as a sub then I wanted my character back And now here we are.

I am NOT to blame here, This is on you guys, and Ill ask again, Please transfer my level 50 Character to The Shadowlands. I shouldn't have to suffer for YOUR mistakes.

Can I please get another reply from a CSR? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. Could you please explain to me why you cant transfer my level 50 from The Bastion to The Shadowlands?

SturmUndSterne
01.10.2013 , 10:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Egees View Post
Could you please explain to me why you cant transfer my level 50 from The Bastion to The Shadowlands?

Because they're not allowing character transfers at this time, no matter how much you complain about it. Deal with it and wait like every other paying customer.

Egees
01.10.2013 , 10:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SturmUndSterne View Post
Because they're not allowing character transfers at this time, no matter how much you complain about it. Deal with it and wait like every other paying customer.
The only reason I'm asking for a Character transfer is because Bioware messed up, and they should take action on their mistakes and fix it. But the way you said that, it sounds like Bioware will be opening that service again in the future?

Nolbag
01.10.2013 , 11:05 PM | #6
But the thing is BioWare didn't mess up. They restore your character to the server it was deleted from, this is the way their restorations have always worked. There has never been the option to request characters to be restored to the server of your choice.

doumalos
01.10.2013 , 11:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings Egees,

Again I apologize for the confusion, but unfortunately we cannot move the character from The Bastion to a different server, bu if you wish to have the character on The Shadowlands restored as well, please submit an in-game ticket and the character will be restored as well.

Please don't hesitate to come back to us i you have any further questions.

Thank you!
Since the lv 50 was never on The Shadowlands they can't restore it there since it was never there to begin with

Egees
01.10.2013 , 11:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nolbag View Post
But the thing is BioWare didn't mess up. They restore your character to the server it was deleted from, this is the way their restorations have always worked. There has never been the option to request characters to be restored to the server of your choice.
My whole rant could have been prevented if the CSR would have told me that.