Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthZak
01.10.2013 , 06:06 PM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
I agree except I would say abandoned....Just seems really sad when people need any kind of romance "text" in a game......... besides the internet provides for all flavor of "tastes" 24/7 if you need your "fix".
You think romances are that type of material? Im guessing youre not over the age of 15 right?
Why do people watch romantic movies? Its all some lines in a movie but people enjoy it and not because they want to get their "fix"
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Pvtcarnage
01.10.2013 , 06:25 PM | #362
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
You think romances are that type of material? Im guessing youre not over the age of 15 right?
Why do people watch romantic movies? Its all some lines in a movie but people enjoy it and not because they want to get their "fix"
This is not a romantic themed game it's a star wars themed game. And do I hate romantic scenes in a action flic? Yes.......
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

markcymru
01.10.2013 , 06:25 PM | #363
Sorry in advance for the length of this post.

As many of us posters have commented, none of us really has any idea of the true numbers of players who are interested in any particular aspect of the game.

In an earlier career, I was a consumer market research consultant… In that field, there is a tried and true concept of dividing the market into segments – subgroups that are each as homogenous internally as possible, yet at the same time as different between subgroups as possible. Intelligently done – i.e. through asking the most relevant questions that bear on potential motivations (for that particular market) – this approach allows the company to make the best decisions about how to market their product, and to whom.

If BioWare were a beer company, it’d probably have a brand for each segment. Each beer brand would have a name that appeals to its segment, would be advertised in segment-specific media (e.g. on sports programs for a ‘young guy’ brand), would have a taste optimized for that segment, etc etc. For a different type of product, the company might decide that they can go after only one segment, and that specific segment would become their target audience. Or for yet another type of product, the company might try to appeal to multiple segments by building in specific features that would appeal to each segment. I suspect BioWare would take the last approach.

Long-winded, but my point is that there are segments within the SWTOR player base. YOUR segment sees the levelling as just a path to the end-game, and sees the end-game PvP and PvE repeatable content as the primary point of the game. MY segment will likely drop out at the point where all that there is to do is dailies… the levelling and the story and romance arcs that go with levelling IS the point of the game, not just a means to an end, and the end-game sounds utterly boring.

If BioWare isn’t a bunch of complete lunatics, they’ll be doing all kinds of market research to maximize the appeal of SWTOR to ALL segments that they want to market to. That’d include qualitative research – in-depth interviews with small numbers of respondents, to identify the emotions and the fervour or lack of fervour with which opinions are held, and to concept-test candidate ideas. Also to probe deeply into any quantitative findings that puzzle BioWare. And it would include quantitative research – surveys among large numbers of respondents, to attach trustworthy numbers to the segments and to validate the qualitative findings.

My prediction: we’ll see BioWare continuing to add end-game PvP/PvE content and new story content (which will include romances, both OGR and SGR) in order to get all segments to stay with the game year in year out. Seen in this light, both types of content are equally important.

The other side of the coin is the question of attracting new players. I’m a keen gamer, but all I’ve been playing in the past is single player games. The ‘standard/traditional MMO’ features that I’d heard about were a huge deterrent to my playing any MMOs. The thought of having to do PvP, for example, repelled me. But when I heard that there was a Star Wars game…. which was done by BioWare…. and could be played without having to do ‘crap’ like PVP… and had stories and romances (probably SGR romances, oh joy! )…. It was a huge turn-on. I couldn’t wait to play the game. And I’ve loved it (except for the bait-and-switch re SGRs ). Personally, I think there’s a lot of players like me. And I think BioWare thinks so too.
“The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” — Lewis's Law

DarthZak
01.10.2013 , 07:17 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
This is not a romantic themed game it's a star wars themed game. And do I hate romantic scenes in a action flic? Yes.......
The style you play (action packed) isnt the same as how others play. I play for story content hence my 14 characters.
Romances are a vital part of the Star Wars lore. Leia and Han, Luke and Mara Jade, Revan and Bastila, Anakin and Padme etcetc
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Arglaar
01.10.2013 , 09:12 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Bigoted and offensive.

I would suggest its removal...
That's what the Report Post button is so good at doing

Jiminison
01.11.2013 , 12:41 AM | #366
Just let capitolism speak! Because it will have the last word . I used to love the raspberry filled powder doughnut hostess used to make but they got discontinued I am guessing because they didn't sell and a the group that wanted them just was not big enough and it was just not lucrative enough for hostess to continue producing them, well I really do wish B.W made Raspberry powder doughnuts.

Jiminison
01.11.2013 , 12:47 AM | #367
Bring back force slam nao!

chuixupu
01.11.2013 , 12:54 AM | #368
*applauds markcymru*

In the infamous words of Rodney King, can't we all just get along?

All these different kinds of content and the different kinds of people that play it can coexist.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Pvtcarnage
01.11.2013 , 08:33 AM | #369
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
That's what the Report Post button is so good at doing
Yeah but if it were the other opinion they would not have to.....it would be deleted within moments.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Gratulor
01.11.2013 , 08:40 AM | #370
I don't agree or disagree with the inclusion of SGR in this game right now (proponant of LGBT rights in real life, though), but I disagree with the notion that including them takes away from other areas of development. There are multiple teams in this game and each handles different areas of development. Programmers aren't going to be hired to write, and artists aren't going to be hired to write code. The team focused on flashpoints won't have anything to do with the space stuff. Bug fixing should be a priority, and as far as I can see they are doing that. But you can't put a writer working on SGR on the bug fixing team. (S)he won't know what to do.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."