Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Character Slot for 600 tokens did not open up.

amnie
01.09.2013 , 06:35 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

People can just buy extra slots if they need them.

But I think that for people forced onto one server it's a small but fair bonus.
eh. no. the whole issue we have now is that you CAN'T buy more slots. subs are STILL restricted to 12 char slots per server.

my entire point is that the limit 12 is ridiculous. 16 would make far more sense (granted for some people even 16 is not enough since they want to replay a story with different options, want to see how a story unfolds if you play it with a different gender or whatever, but 12 is just 'halfway there')

sableyes
01.09.2013 , 06:55 AM | #22
I had 16 of 16 and it read 16 of 16 active and so game did not make it clear I would not get a 17th slot. I did read patch notes in that way though but it was not exactly clear. if I never read patch notes I would have had no idea the unlock would not have given me another slot even with patch notes it ws more assumption on my part because of lack of evidence in game. I decided to test anyway to find out as of the 16 characters I only used 12 so far so when It never worked I deleted the 4 I never used to make a new character. They do need to make it a bit more clear though as there was no in game way to tell that I would not unlcok an additonal slot.

AsheraII
01.09.2013 , 07:09 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
eh. no. the whole issue we have now is that you CAN'T buy more slots. subs are STILL restricted to 12 char slots per server.

my entire point is that the limit 12 is ridiculous. 16 would make far more sense (granted for some people even 16 is not enough since they want to replay a story with different options, want to see how a story unfolds if you play it with a different gender or whatever, but 12 is just 'halfway there')
Actually, those who have 12 slots active because they're subscribed, will get a thirteenth slot when using the Cartelmarket Character Slot item thingy. Tested and confirmed.

However, those who had more than 12 active slots before the last patch, possible due to server mergers, will first need to unlock their existing "extra" slots, before they get yet more slots.

So for example OP had active 13 character slots on one server due to server mergers. The first extra slot he bought only enabled the 13th slot he already had, probably in case he deleted that 13th character. To unlock the 14th slot, he'd have to buy yet another 600cr unlock.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Galbatorrix
01.09.2013 , 07:11 AM | #24
I bought 6 off the GTN (Some guys was selling them for 300K a piece). I used 4, which gave me max of 16 slots and sold the other two for 800K a piece.

Goretzu
01.09.2013 , 07:12 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post

The OP seemed to suggest they'd changed that.

Fair enough if they haven't (although then you shouldn't be able to apply unlocks in the first place), but certainly they were intending to open up subs to at least 16 slots per server for everyone (if you bought them).

But yes I absolutely and completely agree 16 per server should have been the subscriber amount (and I've argued for that since May 2012 now), but as the accountants at Bioware EA don't seem to like that idea () and basically it is dismissed out of hand by Bioware EA, at least the grandfathered idea is reasonable compromise.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

amnie
01.09.2013 , 07:15 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Actually, those who have 12 slots active because they're subscribed, will get a thirteenth slot when using the Cartelmarket Character Slot item thingy. Tested and confirmed.

However, those who had more than 12 active slots before the last patch, possible due to server mergers, will first need to unlock their existing "extra" slots, before they get yet more slots.

So for example OP had active 13 character slots on one server due to server mergers. The first extra slot he bought only enabled the 13th slot he already had, probably in case he deleted that 13th character. To unlock the 14th slot, he'd have to buy yet another 600cr unlock.
who confirmed this? because so far it seems like everybody claims that is not the case - not forgetting to mention the official statements say otherwise, too.

edit: ok I just found this
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks! Here to clear things up a bit, the patch note is meant to let folks know that the standard character slot restrictions are now being enforced. In ADDITION to this, you may now purchase additional character slots to your heart's content. There is a limit, but it is very, very high and you will probably not reach it. So, if you are a subscriber and want to go beyond your 12 slots, by all means!
seems like I was wrong, after all.

hooray. guess someone here is going to create a few more chars tonight. theeeheehee.

Issreolira
01.09.2013 , 07:53 AM | #27
You can have more characters than 12 per server if you buy them. However, if you buy them it may flag some of your existing toon's names as invalid. I bought a 13th last night and upon going back to the log in screen 2 of my toons were up for a rename. So be careful, you don't really have to rename the toons. You can fix this by quitting and relogging. I had to quit multiple times, but better than being on hold with customer service.

Goretzu
01.10.2013 , 04:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Issreolira View Post
You can have more characters than 12 per server if you buy them. However, if you buy them it may flag some of your existing toon's names as invalid. I bought a 13th last night and upon going back to the log in screen 2 of my toons were up for a rename. So be careful, you don't really have to rename the toons. You can fix this by quitting and relogging. I had to quit multiple times, but better than being on hold with customer service.

That's a nasty bug.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

AshlaBoga
01.10.2013 , 05:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by o-ro View Post
Why would you expect to have 1 more character than anyone else?
Greed?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Hyfy
01.10.2013 , 08:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post

Tested and not necessarily confirmed. Granted my situation is probably a fluke or some sort of bug, but as a Sub at 12/12 slots when attempting to purchase another slot the CC's were deducted from my total but no 13th slot has appeared nearly 48 hours later now.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid