Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was charged $1. What's that about?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Was charged $1. What's that about?

01.10.2013 , 04:20 AM | #1
I dont care about the dollar but it would be interesting to know what it was for? I've had that bug where I can't buy cartel coins so I decided to try to buy a 2 month prepaid sub on the 9th and that worked. So then I tried the cartel coins a couple of times and they all failed. I deleted my credit card and added it again, this time with my new adress since I've recently moved. Not sure how important the adress is but I wasnt sure if whatever registries these type of services are using had been updated or not so i figured it was worth a shot, incase that was the cause of my current cartel purchase problem.

Moving on, as I was paying some bills, by using my internet bank, today I noticed that I had been charged for the 2 month prepaid sub but there was also listed a one dollar post, or aprox. one dollar (I'm not in the states so I'm using a different currency). I know that services such as paypal are charging some form of test fee to verify cards but I've never experienced it here before so it would be interesting to know what it was for.

I would also like to know if there are any risks involved with adding/editing/deleting my card on the site in an attempt to get rid of the bug. I mean, everything I've managed to buy has been paid for and the rest of the times have been listed as failed and with no charge so I don't think it's a problem. I do find it to be somewhat odd that my credit card is "ok" when it comes to paying for a sub but not when I'm trying to buy cartel coins (and I wasnt on a 24h lockout because it had been a week or so since I tried it the last time).

On another note, I rarely to never have time to spend hours on actually calling customer support so it would have been swell if you could fix the cartel purchase bug within a not so distant future.

01.10.2013 , 04:40 AM | #2
Are you sure it's not just the bank fee that is charged for converting currency ?
I get these on my statements all the time when paying for something overseas with my cc

01.10.2013 , 04:42 AM | #3
long story short: it's an authorization charge that gets "refunded".
more info:
"So that's it. You've grown a moustache!"
- Darth Vader