Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn

Dar-Ell
01.04.2013 , 09:28 PM | #71
this was the only part of the Warrior storyline I disliked.

I treat my companions very well. They never want for anything, ever. They get all they could want. All I ask from them is loyality (and kisses from Jaesa...tmi?) Quinn betrayed that loyality. He had choices. He could have said something to me, he could have refused. He knew we were undermining Baras, that eventually we would fight each other and one of us would die (Baras and I). Instead of remaining loyal to me, he tries to kill me. I do hold my companions to a higher standard and give them more leeway. I accept they have differing opinions of light side and dark side choices and which should be made. Quinn took my trust, took my faith in him and used it against me. He committed the ultimate sin. For that we should be given the option to kill him. I wouldn't be happy about it, but......some things need to be done.
Quote: Originally Posted by godihatelag View Post
Worst Launch? Ever heard of Jurassic Park? John gave Dr. Grant early access and all of a sudden... PEOPLE. ARE. DYING.

DarthRamette
01.05.2013 , 02:00 PM | #72
The whole Quinncident was poorly written by BW to begin with and that is what irked me most about it.

Ithilwen
01.06.2013 , 11:54 PM | #73
My SW is only level 24, so I'm still new to the story line (I stumbled accross an un spoiler taged thread and found out about Quinns betrayal)...

So reading what everyone in this thread thinks about why he did it and wether or not he meant it (without reading the spoilered details), I thought I'd add my 2 cents ^^
I don't think he would have done it willingly since the seccond thing listed as his 'Dislikes' is Betrayal. I'm inclined to agree with the people who think he set it all up so that he could cary out his debt, (Likes Honor) and die as a way to make up for his betrayal.
As for the person who suggested he did it out of ambition because he wanted to be the emperors hand and he thought Baras would be the next emperor... That would be considered selfish behaviour (first listed Dislike) so I don't think that would be the case either...

Anyway, like I said, i'm only level 24 with my SW, and I've only just gotten to Nar Shaddaa, (playing with a friend and we are over leveled ), my 'conclusions/opinions are based on what I can read from his character sheet in the companions section of the Holonet
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

MelodyofLegends
01.09.2013 , 05:48 PM | #74
^I like that way of thinking!

allow me to present my take on this which is some rambling!

it makes even more sense if your warrior is female and you are in a romance with him. Quinn tries very hard throughout the story the lady warrior to deny his romantic feelings for her.

this is evident during his conversations. however if one accepts that he was spying for Baras since Balmorra, then that is the primary explanation for said denial. he is resisting her because he knows from the begining that someday he will have to betray her trust in order to repay his debt to Baras.

Now lets look at the actual betrayal. A robot? And from what I have seen and read. (My warrior is 32 but I know what happens) it is not paticularly challenging.

. HOWEVER because he feels that betrayal is unacceptable but he also knows that if he defy's Baras then he is pretty much a dead man.
so he chooses his lover ,the warrior to be his excecutioner so to speak, by doing so he is both keeping his promise to baras and attempting suicide...

the whole thing is in a weird way kind of ROMANTIC!
an absolute love that will bring warmth to a frozen world....

kalistea
01.10.2013 , 03:48 AM | #75
^This is not rambling actually, that makes sense, and I remember having read several fanfictions playing with this theory (can send you the links if you want).
In those stories, his goal was also to anger the warrior enough so she would kill him without regrets and draw enough power from her anger to kill Baras.

If Quinn really wanted to kill the warrior he had many opportunities to do it in a much less risky/ more efficient way, he is your healer and keep injecting your character with stuff, why not just poison the warrior?

He didn't have to stand in the same room with the warrior and the two pathetic droids, he could just have rigged the place with explosives and detonate them once you were trapped in the room.

Not to mention my warrior is a marauder, she can disable droids and he knows that, having seen her doing so countless times.

That episode was rather poorly written anyway, it really could have been handled better than it was.

Back on topic, I would have preferred if those who really wanted to kill him still had the opportunity to do so.
But ofc, getting a warning message first saying they'll have to live with the consequences : that is having one less companion and using the ship's droid for heals from this point on.
Even, give a complete pack of level 48 upgrades for said droid so the player can start using it right away. That could have been easily implemented with very little extra work for Bioware.

Maybe we would have seen some "please Bioware, give me my healer back!" threads on the forums, that would have made for a nice change

Abiggath
01.12.2013 , 05:25 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Arbitte View Post
Hi my name is Jason and I play a Sith Marauder who in his journey has killed every enemy who has crossed his path. Please explain why I don't have the option to kill Malavai Quinn when he betrays me. Sorry for spoiling it for players who have not yet played the class but in the next expansion of the game please implement the option to finally have revenge. Thanks. -Armandi Sol
Spoiler
Akorilis - Sith Juggernaut Tank - 50
Alikara - Sith Sorceress Healer - 50
Angder - Sith Assasin Tank - leveling

Ithilwen
01.13.2013 , 05:34 AM | #77
I must admit, although I wouldn't kill him myself, It would be nice if BW implemented the option to kill your companions when they continued the class story lines.

for anyone that really wants to roleplay they could, and for anyone else that was silly enough to kill their main healer companion they would have to face the concequences. like others have said, just have a bold message warning them it can't be undone so that when they start crying we can tell them to pay attention to the warnings and to think things through...
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

CloudCastle
01.13.2013 , 07:52 PM | #78
Somewhere in another thread (which I can't seem to find), someone had said that if you take Quinn with you to all the class quests on Corellia, you actually get something out of him that sounds close to an apology. When I got to that point in my story I waited and waited...finished Corellia and it never came. I just finished watching a video of the sith warrior story and lo and behold, there it was in this person's video.

Why was it not in mine? I did notice that there were other spots in the story (on the ship for example) where this person had companions pipe up with comments that I know I never saw. I recall a different companion talking during that scene. I know this also happens in the agent storyline as well after a certain scene on your ship. (One version I saw had Kaliyo commenting, whereas mine had Vector.)

During the Corellia scene in question, Vowrawn compliments Quinn on his work in handling the assassination attempt. I think in my version he complimented Pierce, not Quinn. I'm thinking that this scene now has to do with your level of affection and not which companion you had with you. I believe that at the time of this scene, I had more affection with Pierce than with Quinn. (Pierce was my highest affection companion out of all of them for a while.)

I wish I could find the original thread for this because in it people were trying to figure out how to get that apology to trigger. So, for those of you looking for it, taking Quinn with you on your Corellia class quests doesn't seem to matter. It's a bummer, because that line can go a long way in helping soothe some of the bad feelings that happened, especially if you are romancing Quinn and hope to salvage the relationship somehow.

kalistea
01.13.2013 , 09:42 PM | #79
I managed to get that scene on my SW fortunately, but only because I got spoiled about it beforehand.

It doesn't matter if you take Quinn with you on all Corellia quests or not, but you must NOT have Quinn with you when you talk to Vowrawn back at his safe house on Corellia.

Just switching to another companion right before you talk to Vowrawn does the trick : I summoned Jaesa at this point, spoke to Vowrawn and he commended Quinn for saving his life, not Pierce.
To be on the safe side, you could just summon Pierce before the conversation though. My character's affection with Pierce was never high so I have no idea if it has any effect on how the scene plays.

It makes sense if you think about it, as the "mysterious assassin" attacks Vowrawn on your ship, so if Quinn was with you on Corellia there is no way he could have been on the ship and save Vowrawn's life.
But, considering I had Quinn with me all the time on Corellia and dismissed him only before triggering the conversation with Vowrawn, he technically wasn't on the ship when the attack occured

It can help with the relationship as you said, but to me, it just seemed that Bioware wanted to railroad me (again...) into hating my favorite companion with that "incident", so I mostly chose to ignore that part of the story.
I was just relieved we got the option to forgive him and that scene on Corellia was just an added bonus.

CloudCastle
01.13.2013 , 10:10 PM | #80
Quote:
It doesn't matter if you take Quinn with you on all Corellia quests or not, but you must NOT have Quinn with you when you talk to Vowrawn back at his safe house on Corellia.
Ah, right...maybe that's the real secret. I wish I had known to do that! I'm glad I got to see it on the video at least.