Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MaximusRex
01.09.2013 , 02:45 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
In exchange for some severely-needed fixes and additions? I would vote for that.
Then maybe you should have made that post instead of picking on one feature that in of itself is tied to adding more story.

It would be less potentially charged to say we shouldn't have an expansion without having core systems and long time bugs addressed first.

TheBBP
01.09.2013 , 02:52 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Then maybe you should have made that post instead of picking on one feature that in of itself is tied to adding more story.

It would be less potentially charged to say we shouldn't have an expansion without having core systems and long time bugs addressed first.
What about this thread is charged? How does the fact that I believe that other fixes and additions are more important than SGRs make this thread charged? There is nothing political, social, religious or otherwise about this thread. It is about what I believe are misplaced priorities.

I chose to highlight SGRs because I believe that they cater to a small portion of the community whereas some of the other things that I have listed could benefit far more people.

Ultimately, this thread won't matter. I know that I am not changing anything. I am merely stating my opinion on the matter.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

JacenHallis
01.09.2013 , 03:44 PM | #323
What about this thread is charged? How does the fact that I believe that other fixes and additions are more important than SGRs make this thread charged? There is nothing political, social, religious or otherwise about this thread. It is about what I believe are misplaced priorities.
You should have given your thread a title more befitting your actual stance.

Your title is "I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs." This says that you do not believe that homosexual romances should be included in the game. Period. If you are worried about priorities, then your title should read more like, "SGRs should take a back seat to bug fixes."

Of course, in that case, it already has. For about a year. Since Makeb is being released in Spring, they've decided to include something for a "small portion of players" (a phrase that has no meaning since you've not defined your criteria for size) to enjoy.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

TheBBP
01.09.2013 , 04:08 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
I do have a question for you BBP, what specifically is your list of what should be put in (or whatever) before the Rise of the Hutt Cartel &/or the SGR NPC's on Makeb
  • Server Transfers
  • More Guild Functionality
  • Massive Bug Squashing

As far as overall priorities go, these would be my top 3. These are not the top 3 things that I want personally, but instead they are the top 3 things that I think that the game could use more than SGRs.

My personal top 3 would be:
  1. Mentoring
  2. Guild Ships
  3. SSSP

It is because those that ask for it, tend to ask that it specifically allows them to turn on/off SGRA's. What they fail to realize is that would be considered segregation & discrimination. If they were to ever make such a feature, it would have to be turn on/off ALL Romances.
OK. I don't see the need for a toggle. I was just answering him.
The Ebon Hawk

chuixupu
01.09.2013 , 04:18 PM | #325
  • Server Transfers
  • Massive Bug Squashing
Other than the massive bug squashing which seems to really elude them, they did say that more guild functionality is something planned in RotHC as well as server transfers.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Altyrell
01.09.2013 , 04:59 PM | #326
  • Server Transfers
  • Massive Bug Squashing

As far as overall priorities go, these would be my top 3. These are not the top 3 things that I want personally, but instead they are the top 3 things that I think that the game could use more than SGRs.

My personal top 3 would be:
  1. Mentoring
  2. Guild Ships
  3. SSSP
Ok, and why can't SGR's be done at the same time as some of those? I know, they have a finite amount of overall budget, but do you seriously think that SGR's would take a massive chunk of that budget and while it is finite you don't know how much in total or how it is divided out.

TheBBP
01.09.2013 , 05:27 PM | #327
Ok, and why can't SGR's be done at the same time as some of those? I know, they have a finite amount of overall budget, but do you seriously think that SGR's would take a massive chunk of that budget and while it is finite you don't know how much in total or how it is divided out.
At the same time would have been great. However, it did not happen that way. As far as how much is spent on what, whatever was spent on SGRs was not spent on the things that I believe would have done better for the most people.
The Ebon Hawk

utio
01.09.2013 , 06:03 PM | #328
Who mentioned Pazaak? Have you been following this thread at all?
My point still stands. You are arguing against the inclusion of sgr on the grounds that most players won't benefit from it, yet you're happy to delay makeb, knowing that most players will get the expansion, thus denying most players the benefit of everything included in makeb.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Altyrell
01.09.2013 , 06:09 PM | #329
At the same time would have been great. However, it did not happen that way. As far as how much is spent on what, whatever was spent on SGRs was not spent on the things that I believe would have done better for the most people.
Considering they haven't announced everything that will be in RotHC yet, you never know.

darhsteel
01.09.2013 , 06:36 PM | #330
SGR on the back burner please! i would rather see warzones,world events,flashpoints and planets first!!!