Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

DarthTHC
01.07.2013 , 10:06 AM | #1
This post is for the BioWare writers and the community in general.

To the writers: Well done! Not only was the Agent story highly appropriate to the "feel" of what I thought the Agent should get, but it also was a great, compelling story in its own right. Of the stories that I played through to completion so far (Consular, Knight, Inquisitor, Warrior, Agent), it was far and away the best. It exceeded the expectations I had when I bought this BioWare game.

To the community: If you enjoy stories that put you dead nuts center of high intrigue, you really do need to play an Agent!
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

TalonVII
01.07.2013 , 12:18 PM | #2
Almost done with the IA story and i can say this.

No other story has the outcomes the IA has. Your early on choices will affect the outcome in major ways unlike many of the other stories.

I think the BH comes close and maybe the smuggler afterwards, but the IA, be mindful of your choices, they really will decide your future.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Path-x
01.07.2013 , 12:53 PM | #3
Agent and Warrior stories are the best in the game. IA for its enigmatic and very tense storyline and SW because it provides an excellent experience of being a Sith. Well there is SI but it just didn't feel as good as SW.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

chuixupu
01.07.2013 , 01:01 PM | #4
I have 3 level 50 Agents, so there you go. I've only played half the class stories all the way through so far, but the Agent is by far my favorite. There are those out there that aren't fond of it, but I can only say that if you want to be a celebrated hero type, or a very powerful villain, or be a fun, quirky character the Agent is neither of those. It's not a glamorous job and you never quite get the respect you deserve.

Most of the writing credit for the Agent goes to Alexander Freed, who is now a freelance writer, and he has also written the comic series Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Lost Suns and Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire, and Star Wars: Purge: The Tyrant's Fist.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Drizzttek
01.08.2013 , 04:25 PM | #5
True. IA story definitely rocks.

TheBetty
01.08.2013 , 05:45 PM | #6
Agent Story is by far the best, there's no doubt.

I will be very interested to see what the continuation of the Agent story will be in the expansion

oh yes it's not over yet
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

GreyLisa
01.09.2013 , 01:32 PM | #7
I'm doing my second IA right now. The story is great, probably one of the best ever seen in a game

ZakMorgan
01.10.2013 , 02:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GreyLisa View Post
I'm doing my second IA right now. The story is great, probably one of the best ever seen in a game
Doing my third

I actually regret playing the IA first, it makes all other class stories tediously dull in comparison.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

_Darkstar
01.10.2013 , 05:19 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Almost done with the IA story and i can say this.

No other story has the outcomes the IA has. Your early on choices will affect the outcome in major ways unlike many of the other stories.
I have read about this and I actually think this is a bad thing. Because the endings are so different that the writers will have a hard job trying to tie them all together in an expansion, assuming there is a single questline for all Agents. Difficult things are generally done last
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Zellzin
01.11.2013 , 12:52 PM | #10
Completely agree. Props to the writers, well done.
"Query: Can I kill him now, master? I would like ever so much to crush his neck. Just a little. It is a long-time fantasy of mine." HK-47