Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huge 100k ms server lag,and my connection is fine.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Huge 100k ms server lag,and my connection is fine.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eldrake
01.09.2013 , 07:11 AM | #11
I am encountering this problem as well on the Red Eclipse server today.

When i logged in late last night, there was no problem and the connection was fine. This morning, however, i am experienced one instance of massive lag which threw me back to the server selection screen and since then i have not been able to get any character to load beyond the 15-20% point.

My connection is fine with everything else that i am doing and it only appears to be a problem when i try and load a character in TOR.

Eldrake.

Jalysta
01.09.2013 , 07:19 AM | #12
I honestly thought it was just myself experiencing this. I'm also noticing a huge delay in combat when using abilities. It will take almost five seconds for something to cast. I've not been able to progress past bosses or elites for quests due to this. The game is at a standstill for me right now. I can log in and walk around, talk to people with a good bit of a delay, but as far as defeating anything not going to happen. My connection is amazing as well. I didn't have this issue prior to yesterdays patch. Any advice/help is appreciated.

Itrium
01.09.2013 , 07:29 AM | #13
Same here, sever The Progenitor, unaviable to play anyway any character and on any server.

spionoff
01.09.2013 , 07:40 AM | #14
Was actually able to play for 10 minutes with my normal ping (70ms) but now the situation reverted to unplayable.
I did create an ingame ticket explaining the situation, maybe we can get some answers.

Geldogroucho
01.09.2013 , 07:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Itrium View Post
Same here, sever The Progenitor, unaviable to play anyway any character and on any server.
Have exactly the same problem.

Memo-
01.09.2013 , 07:47 AM | #16
Happened to me too, but after restart and character switch everything was fine.
    Delarah - Sentinel | Luccia - Sage | Ethawn - ScoundrelStilva - Vanguard | Tenori - Guardian | Weimar - Shadow 
 Maliris - Sniper | Jauhe - Marauder | Väli - PTFaris - Merc | Sopraano - Assa | Rai'chu - Sorc
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas><Bantha's Backside> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Naugor
01.09.2013 , 07:52 AM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Heya everyone,

Please first try restarting the game. Should the issue persist, please assist us by posting the following:
  1. Geographical location
  2. ISP
  3. Name of server
  4. Traceroute
  5. Pathping

Instructions to create a Pathping and Traceroute file are in the spoiler below:
Spoiler

Please use the following style to post these: [spoiler]Content of the file[/spoiler]

Additionally, we would also like to ask you to contact your internet provider.

Thank you very much for your assistance in advance.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

OwenBrooks
01.09.2013 , 07:56 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Heya everyone,

Please first try restarting the game. Should the issue persist, please assist us by posting the following:
  1. Geographical location
  2. ISP
  3. Name of server
  4. Traceroute
  5. Pathping

Instructions to create a Pathping and Traceroute file are in the spoiler below:
Spoiler

Please use the following style to post these: [spoiler]Content of the file[/spoiler]

Additionally, we would also like to ask you to contact your internet provider.

Thank you very much for your assistance in advance.
May want to look at the pathping in this thread 70% packet loss just outside the servers
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2...1591537842.jpg
The issues seems to be internal within the Telehouse London Datacentre, on the Tata Communications routers.

The problem seems to be on router Vlan523.icore2.LDN-London.as6453.net.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=582001&page=3

ElevenBfour
01.09.2013 , 08:02 AM | #19
Same here, huge server lag. Speedtest.net, GW2, and Eve Online all work fine with 20-40ms. I log to SWTOR and I'm sitting constantly at 5000ms. Unplayable atm. Hope it gets fixed soon.

***UPDATE***
After about an hour of constant server lag, it all just went back to normal. I didnt do anything, just been sitting in Belsavis watching TV at the same time keeping an eye on the lag meter. Again, not sure what was going on, but it's clear now.

Naugor
01.09.2013 , 08:03 AM | #20 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Owenbrooks,

Yes, I have seen the posted pathpings in the other thread, thank you for passing it on, this will be helpful.

We are looking for additional pathpings now, to add onto what Qvasar and LNSSnorkle (in the past) have posted in that thread.

Thank you!
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support