Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.08.2013 , 11:13 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
What departments these things come from is of no concern. They have an overall budget.
It is when they have nothing to do with each other and you seem to be under the impression that the inclusion of SGRA's which you admit was planned to be added since before the Game went live, takes a massive chunk out of the overall budget.

Please stop referring to the community as being small for the love of whomever, just please STOP already. We get that your opinion is that the community is small, but seriously stop saying it in what practically seems like every single one of your posts.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.08.2013 , 11:19 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
It is when they have nothing to do with each other and you seem to be under the impression that the inclusion of SGRA's which you admit was planned to be added since before the Game went live, takes a massive chunk out of the overall budget.

Please stop referring to the community as being small for the love of whomever, just please STOP already. We get that your opinion is that the community is small, but seriously stop saying it in what practically seems like every single one of your posts.
Why on earth should I stop saying what I think? Because you don't like it? The fact that I believe that SGRs cater to such a small part of the community is the core of this thread. If it catered to the masses, I would have nothing to say.
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.09.2013 , 12:13 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
So when should they be added in your opinion?
First of all, let's understand a few facts.. SGR isn't going or break this game.. Nobody is going to subscibe to this game just because they can watch about a minutes worth of video of their character kissing a companion.. Or the ever so rare fade to black as your character supposedly gets it on with either a companion or an NPC.. It just isn't going to happen.. If someone is actually going to quit because they can't watch the above... Well then they probably shouldn't be playing MMO's to begin with..

People will however leave out or sheer boredom of having nothing to do.. Which is a major issue in this game right now.. There just isn't enough filler stuff.. You can only run ops so many times.. Lockouts prevent you from running them more than once a week.. Like them or not, lockouts are a limiting factor.. I agree with them, but it means we need other things we can do.. Dailies get boring after doing them for about a week.. Flashpoints are stupidly easy and lose their attraction after about the 4th or 5th time.. People only do them for the BH comms.. You can only PVP the same warzones so many times without getting bored..

The fact of the matter is, players are bored.. We need more to do on multple fronts.. SGR is NOT going to fix any of these issues or prevent anyone from moving to another MMO.. What Bioware did in another game with SGR is irrelevent.. This game isn't going to sink or swim based on SGR.. If people don't have enough to do, it will most certianly sink.. And well.. It is sinking.. SGR's isn't going to stop that..

So when should SGR be added?? When there is enough to do besides OPs, PVP warszones, and dailies.. When milling around the fleet isn't the most popular activity..

We need a dueling area on the fleet..
We need some form of gambling..
We need PVP arena's for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and maybe even 4v4..
We need world PVP, like what Ilum was meant to be..
We need more events and reaccuring events.. Both weekly and monthly..
Grind for Rep with factions..
We simply need things to do.. There are countless things..

No.. I am not saying that all need to be added before SGR is added.. But right now we have none of them.. Why can't we get a few things to get us and this game going again??

It would also be nice if Bioware could catch on to the idea of fixing things without breaking something else.. It is really frustrating as a player to see some bugs fixed while others are created..

Now can you?? Give me a single reason why SGR should be added now, and how it would benefit everyone that plays this game?? At the very least, the vast majority?? How will it make people in large numbers want to subscribe?? I am quite certian that when someone looks to subscribe to an MMO, flirting with an NPC or companion for about a minute total is not high on the list of things that are important.. At least is shouldn't be..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.09.2013 , 01:24 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Bioware/EA/LucasArts never advertised SGR in SWTOR.

SGR adds nothing to the story either.

SGR is not missing.

All we are saying is that there is some more important things that need to be added and fixed before SGR is added.
Ah, but at the same time, before this game went live, they did come out and say that they did have plans for SGRA's to be added Post-Launch

Not yet, but in the future it might.
Spoiler


Technically, yes SGR's are missing

And most of what people list as being "more important" then the inclusions of SGRA's tend to not have anything to do with the Departments involved in the creation of SGRA's.

Infir's Avatar


Infir
01.09.2013 , 09:15 AM | #315
On the pre-launch forums, the 20+ incarnations of the SGRA thread had a poll asking which romance options you would pursue, including an option for those who would not pursue romances at all. 30% consistently answered that they would pursue SGRAs. That is not an insignificant number, and it doesn't even include those who wouldn't take part in SGRAs themselves but still supported their inclusion for others.
{((o))ﮗﮉﭽﭰﭵۻﮖۼﭦﮀﮃﮆ‖}Ξ{{ )

Kariella's Avatar


Kariella
01.09.2013 , 10:47 AM | #316
@MajikMyst I think the reason that SGR needs to be added prior to many of the things that you mentioned is that its more of a base feature from a programming perspective and to add it later would be significantly harder... dialogues are based on relationships and the longer you wait to finish the relationship module the less content it will apply to as I am sure they are not thrilled about rewrites of old content...

not to mention that much of the old content might be unaccessible to many players, hence diminishing the reason to add sgr at all
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
01.09.2013 , 12:22 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Should have been a bit further back tbh.
So you think Makeb should be delayed even further. Interesting.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.09.2013 , 01:02 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
So you think Makeb should be delayed even further. Interesting.
In exchange for some severely-needed fixes and additions? I would vote for that.
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

utio's Avatar


utio
01.09.2013 , 01:57 PM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
In exchange for some severely-needed fixes and additions? I would vote for that.
What you're doing there is saying you want all players who are buying makeb to wait for it, until you get what you think the game needs. I'm betting the majority of players will be getting makeb, so what's it to be? You say sgr shouldn't be in because it doesn't benefit the majority of players, but you'd deny the majority of players everything makeb has, so they can develop things like pazakk?
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.09.2013 , 02:37 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by utio View Post
What you're doing there is saying you want all players who are buying makeb to wait for it, until you get what you think the game needs. I'm betting the majority of players will be getting makeb, so what's it to be? You say sgr shouldn't be in because it doesn't benefit the majority of players, but you'd deny the majority of players everything makeb has, so they can develop things like pazakk?
Who mentioned Pazaak? Have you been following this thread at all?
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.