Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
01.08.2013 , 10:48 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by theUndead View Post
Then let me try respond to you as positively as I can. Your opinion as you say is yours as such you are free to express it the problem is your wording. A lot of people are jumping on you for that statement which is highlighted in bold. You see even though it is a opinion you are surrounding that opinion with what you deem as a fact and the truth of the matter is you can't be sure if it is a small minority or a large majority. If perhaps you re worded your opinion without the the hint of a potentially untrue fact then perhaps people would not attack you so much.

And for the record I am for SGR's and I am glad they getting the dev attention they need but again I am just trying to point this out to you in a constructive way.
Here's the problem with your statement. Common sense tells us the SGR is going to be one of two things:

1) A few toss-off characters on Makeb just to say they have SGR, which will probably please no one, but cost almost no resources.

2) A complete re-write and voice actor redo of all existing companion romances to include SGR or add SGR, which is much more intricate and by nature would require not just a writer and voice actor but other scripting resources (albeit how many is up for debate).

The OP's opinion is that time spent on SGR's would be better spent elsewhere since a minority want them. Let's assume his opinion is, indeed , incorrect, and actually EVERYONE wants SGR.

It's still not worth the effort either way given the state of the game. The state of the romances in this game mean that once you've completed the SGR there is no further interaction. A situation like the first one is just going to piss people off, a situation like the second one wastes effort on this when we still have piles of bugs, graphical issues, downed servers, and other problems.

I've said in multiple places the SGR supporters are uniformly polite, well spoken, and logical, which I admire. And I would certainly like to see them get rewarded. But the OP has a point when we ask at what cost does this come?
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

Kariella's Avatar


Kariella
01.08.2013 , 11:55 AM | #282
i havent done all the romances... but from what I have seen... you could almost get away with no extra scripting and or voice acting and just use what is already in game...

while I am sure there will be a few dumb statements... I think that a lot of it might come off more entertaining than originallty intended...

plus it lets us experience more quests
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.08.2013 , 12:15 PM | #283
@Logical You may want to do some more research as they've previously stated that when they allow SGRA's with Companions that it will unlikely be retroactive so it is unlikely that they will make Corso Riggs Bi-Sexual so that both Male & Female Smugglers could romance him. ie when SGRA's are allowed with Companions, chances are that it will only affect Future Companions. It is possible but also unlikely that when they expand SGRA's with NPC's beyond Makeb that it will change previous NPC's, so Jaxo [Female NPC that Male Troopers can have a relationship with] will likely still only be able to have a relationship with Male Troopers.

And for the most part, I wouldn't want it to be retroactive and I would want it to affect future content that gets added to the game. So if/when they add content to the current Worlds, then I wouldn't mind if it included some SGRA Compatible NPC's

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
01.08.2013 , 12:30 PM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Indeed. But let's play a mini-game here to make my point clear:

-You can make a massive announcement for all the internet (youtube, google....what you want).
-Swtor's fate depends of your announcement. If people don't join this game because your announcement SWTOR dies.
-You have to chose one of these features to announce:
- We have SGR.
-We have PVP space battles.


What would you choose?
The personnel that would develop SGR are not the same people that would develop PvP space battles, so the exercise is futile and the point irrelevant. Its not a binary choice. Makeb stories still had to be written, in fact they
are probably done at this point, and depending on VO lead time, that work might already be done as well.

There has not yet in your entire thread been one feature request listed that would likely be impacted at all by the inclusion of SGR in Makeb.

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
01.08.2013 , 12:40 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
The personnel that would develop SGR are not the same people that would develop PvP space battles, so the exercise is futile and the point irrelevant. Its not a binary choice. Makeb stories still had to be written, in fact they
are probably done at this point, and depending on VO lead time, that work might already be done as well.

There has not yet in your entire thread been one feature request listed that would likely be impacted at all by the inclusion of SGR in Makeb.
Not to mention, when they expand to allow SGRA's with future Companions, it still wouldn't take away any resources as said Future Companion would still had been created and instead of being only available to be Romanced by Player Characters of the Opposite Gender or not at all, they will simply make it so that they could be Romanced by Player Characters of the Same Gender. And the only difference between the time it would take to create each type, from shortest to longest would be = Non-Romancable Companion --> Opposite Gender Romancable Companion --> Same Gender Romancable Companion and that would only, in my opinion, be because of making so the SGRA wasn't stereotypical [unless meant to be] or just seem awkward by having it seem like it was using Gender Neutral or whatever.

And on that note, there would be the chance that after they allow SGRA's [completely] that it could potentially lead to the inclusion of Bisexual Romancable NPC's & Companions

darhsteel's Avatar


darhsteel
01.08.2013 , 02:48 PM | #286
yes,at least put SGR on the far back burner,and focus on warzones, planets and minigames and a better iilum

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
01.08.2013 , 04:14 PM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by darhsteel View Post
yes,at least put SGR on the far back burner,and focus on warzones, planets and minigames and a better iilum
That's exactly what they did.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tattari's Avatar


Tattari
01.08.2013 , 04:31 PM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
Everyone knows hardcore PvPers are a minority, but most people dabble in it. Additionally pvp IS a mechanic that draws players and makes MMOs. Side story romance arcs are not.
Nope. What interested me and my friends who play it are...DUN DUN DUN, STORY, CHARACTERS, ROMANCE. None of us could give a flying rats *** about PvP, Warzones, or even Flashpoints, though we do dabble in those every great once in a while.

So, your point is proven false. People like different aspects of the game. That INCLUDES romance arcs.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
01.08.2013 , 05:12 PM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
That's exactly what they did.
Should have been a bit further back tbh.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Jenzali's Avatar


Jenzali
01.08.2013 , 05:17 PM | #290
This entire thread is based on a false dichotomy - the assumption that the same resources/people used to fix game mechanic bugs, UI issues, creating new PvE or PvP content are somehow the same resources/people involved in adding SGR content. I assure you, they are not the same. Having a few flirt lines for an NPC in Makeb has no impact on new warzones, etc.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.