Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Romance-able character no longer romance able?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Romance-able character no longer romance able?

TrimbleBird
01.04.2013 , 03:56 PM | #1
Okay so I went to look at the Companion list today and I noticed that some of the romance able character are no longer romance able is there a reason for that?

Tatile
01.04.2013 , 04:03 PM | #2
Which list, which companions and where?

I've not heard of any romance options not being romance options any more, besides, this all feels a little vague. Trying to romance someone of the same gender, perhaps?

TrimbleBird
01.06.2013 , 12:44 PM | #3
The list is in the holonet under companions I noticed that two of the male character that been romance-able in the past are longer romance able I'll even post a link to it if you want. http://www.swtor.com/holonet/companions/tharan-cedrax : Tharan Cadrax is one I noticed right off the bat since he's the reason I created my female jedi consular for.

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/compani...utenant-pierce
Lieutenant Pierce I could care less about but it seems kind of distressing to me that two male character were taken off the romance-able list since I know for a fact that plenty of girls like myself play this game!!!

Tatile
01.06.2013 , 02:47 PM | #4
Oh yeah, those two. They're not full romances but one-night stands you can engage in via their companion storyline - unlike other romances (with Pierce at least) there's no after conversations relating to your... ah... 'relations', nor any talk of marriage, children etc.

Therefore they do not qualify as romances because they do not have the hallmarks that the fully fleshed out romances do. Only male characters have access to multiple fully fleshed out romances.

Make of that what you will.

TrimbleBird
01.07.2013 , 01:24 AM | #5
Really don't you think that's kind of unfair? just saying!

Tatile
01.07.2013 , 02:20 AM | #6
It is very unfair, but Bioware didn't seem to care about fairness when they put the romances in and I doubt they're suddenly going to start considering fairness in the near future. They've already said that making companion romances is really hard.

Jeweledleah
01.07.2013 , 03:20 AM | #7
pierce is not that bad,

Spoiler
and thank the maker, because Quinn, personally, makes me want to punch babies. I can accept that he works for some people, but I neither understand it, nor share that preference.

Cedrax is... yeah....

Spoiler

TrimbleBird
01.07.2013 , 12:33 PM | #8
Well I know that the could hire more story writers for romance I mean hell I'll sign up and even do it for free if they would give me a shot.

AlixMV
01.07.2013 , 05:45 PM | #9
What I find unfair about it is that there are no equivalent 'fling' Romances for male toons. No, they get multiple choices for full Romances instead, while not a single female toon has that option.

No female characters building up their hope and then dashing them with lack of commitment/marriage/children. They get to have it all.

/bitter
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Tatile
01.07.2013 , 05:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
No female characters building up their hope and then dashing them with lack of commitment/marriage/children. They get to have it all.

/bitter
Weren't all the writers on this project men?